Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Botcon 2013 Dealer Room Pics - MP Acid Storm, Linkin Park Soundwave

Posted on 06-28-2013 at 10:39 AM by ORIO under Conventions
botcon1
Site sponsor Robot Kingdom has updated their Facebook with images from the dealer room floor at this years Botcon 2013. In these pictures we get to see the displays showcasing Linkin Park Soundwave and his Minions, Masterpiece Acid Storm and our first look at the Platinum Edition Fall of Cybertron Grimlock vs. Bruticus set.

Check out the images after the break.
Views: 7,300 / Credit: Exodus of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Botcon 2013 Dealer Room Pics - MP Acid Storm, Linkin Park Soundwave

botcon2
botcon3
TriBlurr
Nice, Platinum Bruticus is in game colors.
Star Saber
Did anyone get to confirm whether Acid Storm is MP01?
transformers32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
Courtesy of RK, check these out.
That is a light green for acid storm but like the new masterpiece boxes. Is the grimlock and bruticus going to be ava in the states?
RobotoChan
I am loving the new masterpiece boxes. Acid Storm and Soundwave will be bought on sight due to the boxes alone. The old tough plastic ones really annoy me
G1Prowl
Since I never got Grimmy, that Platinum edition looks to be the way to go.
spartan 3764
Wait so that gift set is being released at Us retail?
Alejandro27
This is why I held off on buying grimlock and foc bruticus :-) waiting for this edition can't wait til it is mine.
Patience always wins.
Star Saber
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotoChan View Post
I am loving the new masterpiece boxes. Acid Storm and Soundwave will be bought on sight due to the boxes alone. The old tough plastic ones really annoy me

Same here, I hope Hasbro does away with the damn twisties as well. The Takara ones are so much easier to remove and return.
juise
I was begining to wonder if the Linkin Park Soundwave was ever going to happen.
03Mach1
I wish the pictures were a bit clearer. Acid Storm's release date looks like 08/13 but I really can't tell.
Soundwinder
Huh. That gold plastic and Soundwave's black faceplate really don't look very good... I was one of the few looking forward to the figure, too.

I might get it still if it's reasonably priced, but not for the premium this is definitely going to be going for.
Anguirus
I also can't tell if Acid Storm is MP-01. How silly if it was!

Platinum set is boring with boring sauce. All this time and still no gray Vortex? The closest to a G1 Vortex is...G2 Vortex! Glad I got an awesome deal on the Takara set because it is clearly the definitive one.
Lazerwave
Acid Storm?

Why not MP Soundwave?

I'm sure everyone wants to see that more than Acid Storm.
DrawerDemon
Front Page says "Botcon 2013 Dealer Room Pics - MP Acid Storm, Linking Park Soundwave".
Guessing that's "Linkin".

Man, when BotCon's happening, errors creep in easily.

EDIT: fixed, apparently.

Thanks, whomever fixed that! I want to jump through the screen whenever Tformers does their typical "Micheal" spelling mistake, so I'm always pleased to see TFW2005 pay attention to the details.
Icespark
Acid Storm looks awesome! I'm really looking forward to him!
General Tekno
So that's just the SDCC deco on Bruticus then? Cool; glad to see people will be able to get it for a reasonable price a year later, and the SDCC guys get to keep their spiffy awesome packaging as the exclusive feature.
ahro23
Quote:
Originally Posted by juise View Post
I was begining to wonder if the Linkin Park Soundwave was ever going to happen.
Me too. Still disappointed that it's not full chrome gold but I'd consider it whenever the price is revealed.
anubis20
That Linkin Park Soundwave shouldve been the MP-13 mold. I wouldve bought that in a heartbeat! G1 SW is a pass.
spartan 3764
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis20 View Post
That Linkin Park Soundwave shouldve been the MP-13 mold. I wouldve bought that in a heartbeat! G1 SW is a pass.
This

But I suppose I am happy to get another grimlock......and more Combaticons.......

ACID STORM FTW!
03Mach1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerwave View Post
Acid Storm?

Why not MP Soundwave?

I'm sure everyone wants to see that more than Acid Storm.
You can see Soundwave and his minions in one of the pictures.
Zaibach
I hope some more pictures get posted today. I zoomed in on it, but it was too grainy to see the release date. I'm also curious if Acid Storm is MP01. They should have started with Soundwave as MP01 and Acid Storm as MP02.
Zer0
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
So that's just the SDCC deco on Bruticus then? Cool; glad to see people will be able to get it for a reasonable price a year later, and the SDCC guys get to keep their spiffy awesome packaging as the exclusive feature.
Yeah, because people definitely spent over $100 for it because they wanted the packaging.
robvega214
i was wondering if that was the old Soundwave mold, why didnt they use the new 1?
spartan 3764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Yeah, because people definitely spent over $100 for it because they wanted the packaging.
Star Saber
Quote:
Originally Posted by robvega214 View Post
i was wondering if that was the old Soundwave mold, why didnt they use the new 1?
You mean the MP mold? I think when they first announced this, the MP figure wasn't even announced yet.
General Tekno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Yeah, because people definitely spent over $100 for it because they wanted the packaging.
They spent the money because they wanted it NOWNOWNOW, plus it's a cool display piece to keep in box.

Heck, the prices people were paying last year were nuts; I couldn't believe people were paying a couple hundred for him. But that's supply and demand for you right there.

If someone was willing to pay a ton of money and is upset NOW, a year later, when this version came out, I don't have a lot of sympathy. Heck - this set will probably be around $100 anyway.

And let's face it - the people upset about investments being ruined would have kept it in box anyway, which keeps that SDCC exclusivity obvious, and the people upset that the better-than-retail deco is now cheaper than what they paid must have been LIVID when TakaraTomy blew this away with their Combaticon decoes.
ahro23
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis20 View Post
That Linkin Park Soundwave shouldve been the MP-13 mold. I wouldve bought that in a heartbeat! G1 SW is a pass.
That would've been sweet . But I know it was mostly Mike Shinoda that collaborated with Hasbro on the figure and he wanted make a special edition of a toy he had as a kid. Plus the MP wasn't even announced at the time this was first shown to us
ichnach
linkin park soundwave is a waste of plastic. Linkin park is the backstreet boys of whatever music genre they are considered and ruined the movies for me. As for the grimlock and bruticus pack it looks gorgeous, however my reaction is : eat balls hasbro. I already paid for these in inferior colors and now we get nice ones?


edit* does linkin park soundwave whine about how crappy his life is and how it is your fault, not his, when you hit play?
Calabask
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
They spent the money because they wanted it NOWNOWNOW, plus it's a cool display piece to keep in box.

Heck, the prices people were paying last year were nuts; I couldn't believe people were paying a couple hundred for him. But that's supply and demand for you right there.

If someone was willing to pay a ton of money and is upset NOW, a year later, when this version came out, I don't have a lot of sympathy. Heck - this set will probably be around $100 anyway.

And let's face it - the people upset about investments being ruined would have kept it in box anyway, which keeps that SDCC exclusivity obvious, and the people upset that the better-than-retail deco is now cheaper than what they paid must have been LIVID when TakaraTomy blew this away with their Combaticon decoes.
Let's just all agree that regardless if that mold is 60, 80, 100, or 200 dollars... It still sucks as a Bruticus.
Star Saber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calabask View Post
Let's just all agree that regardless if that mold is 60, 80, 100, or 200 dollars... It still sucks as a Bruticus.
That's why I believe, if you don't like it, don't buy it, and try not to get caught by the hype.
transformerwars
I'd love that PE Grimlock vs Bruticus set, especially since Bruticus is essentially the SDCC figure..
Edgewise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerwave View Post
Acid Storm?

Why not MP Soundwave?

I'm sure everyone wants to see that more than Acid Storm.
I'm sure you're wrong.

There were high quality photos of Hasbro MP Soundwave posted awhile ago.

Seeing the true color of Acidstorm's green is more interesting to me.

I believe I am included in "everyone", so yep... you're wrong. But that's what happens when someone thinks their opinion speaks for everyone else.
spartan 3764
wait I have a picture that fits this scenario perfectly

raping our wallets with non-exclusive exclusives at wide retail..
Crystal Convoy
That Soundwave looks awful.
Slimaximus
That Platinum set is so bought, didn't get either individually so now I'm rewarded with awesome paint decos at a reasonable price.
245am
MP Acid Storm looks very nice... I love the balance they struck between garish neon green and forst green of the Universe deluxe. But....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Mach1 View Post
You can see Soundwave and his minions in one of the pictures.
I know right?! I know we've seen Photoshop photos before, but I'm really stoked to see how the paint apps were finalized.
Stygian360
I recall at SDCC '12 when Hasbro unveiled the Linkin (see, I made sure the 'g' was missing for that one guy who loves to nitpick names and grammar) Park Soundwave. There was a sound not unlike the deflating of a balloon and/or utter confusion on the part of fandom... if that could in fact be a sound. I personally hate it and wish it never existed. Were I Linkin Park I would be pissed Hasbro didn't use the much better MP-13 mold, as someone else suggested. But whatever... it's like... gold and shit.
megatroptimus
Acid Storm looks like a dollar store KO with that deco.
Exodus
I'm getting them all!! Well depends on the Linkin Park SW, but the Gift Set does look cool...Also the new boxes are def growing on me, as much as I did like the see through ones that they used to have. As long as there's a flap where it opens up to reveal the figure!
Calabask
I disagree, I actually really like Acid Storm and will buy him ina heart beat. LP Soundwave though? Not a chance in hell.
jru42287
What exactly is the deal with that Grimlock Vs. Bruticus set? Is it a mass release? Japan only? Exclusive?
Noideaforaname
All those redecos, yet no G1 Vortex?
Atomatron
hoping that Platinum Grim/Brut set is US.... would be nice, not a must have
Angelwave
I forgot about that Linkin Park Soundwave............

Acid Storm looks nice. Too bad the camo didn't carry over to the flaps however. Which is funnier still as that was a huge indicator for them to be folded down in robot mode.....which was neglected.

I was hoping that the Bruticus would at least be in his G1 color scheme (seriously is it offensive or something) to give us another choice. But great all the same for those that missed out on the SDCC color scheme. Unless, however, this is just a stand in an alternate scheme. And Grimlock is Grimlock.
Ra88
Oof. If that Bruticus vs Grimlock set is a reasonable price I may have to pick it up.
Star Saber
Platinum Editions aren't typically available at mass retail in the US right? Specialty stores like BBTS might carry them though.
KshatriyaNZ666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerwave View Post
Acid Storm?

Why not MP Soundwave?

I'm sure everyone wants to see that more than Acid Storm.
I'm sure I'm among those rare individuals who'd say they'd rather see Acid Storm more than Soundwave.

Hopefully I'll be able to track this guy down and finally own my first Masterpiece!
OmegaSupreme235
Is acid storm hasbro mp-01 cant see it on the picture?
Dirge121
I wonder if the Platinum Edition price hike will apply to Bruticus vs Grimlock too. Havent these figures for the most part been around 200% retail price? If so, yikes this could be just as expensive if not more than the SDCC version.

Still a pass though, those random purple connectors are hideous.

Linkin Park Soundwave is so stupid I almost want it, just give us Nickelback Blaster.

Lol at taking pictures of everything but MP Soundwave.

Continue: Botcon 2013 Dealer Room Pics - MP Acid Storm, Linkin Park Soundwave Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey