Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

BotCon 2013 Announced: June 27-30 in San Diego!

Posted on 12-07-2012 at 04:08 PM by Secretcode under Conventions
BC2013WEB
The Official Transformers Collector's Club has announced that Botcon 2013 will be held June 27th-30th in San Diego, California at the Town and Country Hotel and Convention Center.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BotCon 2013 Coming to San Diego, California June 27th – June 30th!

Fort Worth, TX – December 4th, 2012 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official Transformers Collectors’ Convention, BotCon, announced today that next year’s award-winning convention will take place at the Town and Country Resort from June 27th thru June 30th in the beautiful city of San Diego. You can make your hotel reservations now at BotCon.com.

In the coming weeks, Pop Culture enthusiasts from around the world will be able to register for BotCon 2013 through the BotCon.com online registration system. Fans and Collectors’ who register for BotCon as a Primus package holder will receive the five-figure MACHINE WARS convention set, admission to the Friday private sales room experience, priority seating at all panels and seminars throughout the weekend and admittance to the Hall of Fame Celebration party. Finally, Primus package attendees will also receive a special bonus Transformers Deluxe figure to go along with their convention box set. General Admission for non-registered guests will be available on Saturday and Sunday only.

For more information on BotCon and all activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit BotCon.com.


Happy about the location? Hit the discussion link below to discuss it with your fellow Transformers fans.
Views: 5,496 / Credit: Big Filipino, StayingInTheBox of the 2005 Boards!
Autovolt 127
San Diego aww crud.

Also that's just bad timing to SDCC. yep this will end real well.
Smashs
Oh, San Diego. 6/27-6/30.

Damn.
StayingInTheBox
That was a quiet announcement

Again: The Transformers Collectors' Convention - BotCon 2013!
Smashs
That's awfully close to SDCC, time wise.
Lumpy
San Diego, last weekend of June... hmmm...
StayingInTheBox
Isn't that around SDCC?
Lumpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
That's awfully close to SDCC, time wise.
2 weeks before SDCC... that's very close.
Eric
San Diego?

Damn.
Smashs
Man what a friggin bummer. I could pull off a two week vacation and hit both, but having them be on opposite ends of that two weeks is near impossible.
StayingInTheBox
At least I can drive ...
guard convoy
Yet another California Botcon?

what shit, but oh well, I ain't going, Funpub is never gonna get my money again
backlash3906
And it's San Diego. June 27 - 30 at the Town & Country Hotel & Convention Center. Hotel rates are good from June 21 - July 3.
Autovolt 127
It's already part of a thread.
Shatterpoint
Oh FML.
Torque
Damnit. Still the wrong side of the country. still.
StayingInTheBox
The room reservation isn't finding any god damn rooms? WTF?

Edit: NVM. Got it.
Smashs
So, to pick, BotCon or SDCC.
backlash3906
Oh... woops. Just put up a thread for this in the Get Togethers and Conventions.
cbff
Screw California.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by evergamer View Post
So, to pick, BotCon or SDCC.
Too bad you can't stand there for a whole two weeks.
seeker311
Just got my email, it's San Diego guys
Eric
Blargh.
Powersa
Wife and I were there not too long ago. Beautiful place but not planning to fly or drive there again anytime soon.
kaijuguy19
Darn it! Why can't they move it to the East Coast for once?!
Smashs
And the official release:

Quote:
BotCon (Official)
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BotCon 2013 Coming to San Diego, California June 27th – June 30th!

Fort Worth, TX – December 4th, 2012 – Fun Publications, Inc., licensee for Hasbro’s official Transformers Collectors’ Convention, BotCon, announced today that next year’s award-winning convention will take place at the Town and Country Resort from June 27th thru June 30th in the beautiful city of San Diego. You can make your hotel reservations now at BotCon.com.

In the coming weeks, Pop Culture enthusiasts from around the world will be able to register for BotCon 2013 through the BotCon.com online registration system. Fans and Collectors’ who register for BotCon as a Primus package holder will receive the five-figure MACHINE WARS convention set, admission to the Friday private sales room experience, priority seating at all panels and seminars throughout the weekend and admittance to the Hall of Fame Celebration party. Finally, Primus package attendees will also receive a special bonus Transformers Deluxe figure to go along with their convention box set. General Admission for non-registered guests will be available on Saturday and Sunday only.

For more information on BotCon and all activities and the exclusive figure offerings, please visit BotCon.com.
Ejack37
Yes! A local Botcon! See you guys there!
formula93
Whew. Get to save a ton of money this year.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijuguy19 View Post
Darn it! Why can't they move it to the East Coast for once?!
^This.

I'm amazed they never stop at places like New York City or Chicago.
Blitz.
that guy on the left looks like the Cyb Defence redalert with a SW themed head so yeah I can dig it
Waverider
Woohoo! In my home town!
guard convoy
seriously, why are they going so close to SDCC, that is only gonna hurt them.

which is fine, I want funpub to lose as much money as possible, but seriously, there are more fucking places in America than fucking california, how about give the NORTH EAST some love? they haven't had botcon close since 2007!
Sludge
Bleh.... I made the trip out to Pasadena in 2011. I'm not going again unless I can drive there.
Grimlock_13
Might actually be able to go...I'll have to look into it.
03Mach1
I was hoping they would follow the west, central, east trend but alas...ear wax. Count me out.
WhiteMocha
Wooooohooooo! Fantastic.
Torque
That's one expense I don't have to worry about-I'm not going to California, not when I'm here in CT. The other big expense I hope to dodge is Botcon toys. Kinda hoping they're cool but something I don't want so I don't need to worry about it and can get back to pouring my money into Uranos and Fortress Maximus
MetalicGrunt
No no no! Why does the east Coast get no love, hell even in the middle of the country would be better than back to back cali botcons
Pete@BotCon
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
seriously, why are they going so close to SDCC, that is only gonna hurt them.

which is fine, I want funpub to lose as much money as possible, but seriously, there are more fucking places in America than fucking california, how about give the NORTH EAST some love? they haven't had botcon close since 2007!
The show does very well for us in Cali and we are confident it will be a great show again this year...
Smashs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete@BotCon View Post
The show does very well for us in Cali and we are confident it will be a great show again this year...
Cool.

Come to Denver please.
General Tekno
Interesting.

I'm actually kinda intrigued by this. Doing a quick investigation, airfare and hotel costs are actually VERY reasonable given this is west coast.... and I kinda want to do a second vacation aside from TFcon this coming year.

This is a definite maybe. It doesn't conflict with anything else on my con schedule, and the theme is such that if I don't like the toys I could probably sell them off a month later at TFcon.
KingStyle
<-------- hell yes
Sioce
OH HELL YA!!!!

This is beyond awesome!!! Botcon AND SDCC!!!! AHAHAHAHAA!!!

I'm going to geek out so hard I might pass out.

Thank You Funpub!!!

Quick guys! More Tears!!! MOAR!!!!
BooyakaDragon
Was hoping for Germany lol
CodeXCDM
SDBC!

Not CC... BC! But be sure to bring a CC if you want lewt.
Wheelie
One hand I'm sad that its to far away. On the other hand I'm happy I'm saving money.

Maybe next year it'll be on the east coast so I can drive to it but knowing BotCons history... It'll be a cold day in hell before that's going to happen it seems!
Karhukjnsi
Sweet! Not sure on going yet, but I LOVE San Diego! I'll probably renew my pass to the Zoo and enjoy both Beasts AND Beast Wars .
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooyakaDragon View Post
Was hoping for Germany lol
guard convoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete@BotCon View Post
The show does very well for us in Cali and we are confident it will be a great show again this year...
I'm confident with it competing with SDCC it will only come back to bite you guys in the ass.

Seriously, its like you guys want Botcon to fail..

Continue: BotCon 2013 Announced: June 27-30 in San Diego! Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena