Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Spotlight Bumblebee Preview

Posted on 03-04-2013 at 10:37 AM by Sol Fury under Comics
prv15515_cov
Via Comic Book Resources we have an advance look at the upcoming Transformers Spotlight Bumblebee for you. Spotlight Bumblebee is set during the period where Bumblebee was on Earth with the rest of the Autobots following Ironhide's death (he got better) and Optimus Prime's resignation as the Autobot's leader; leaving Bumblebee as the leader of the Autobots. This issue tells an untold story from Bumblebee's tenure as leader - and all he has to do is get through a force of rogue Decepticons!

Check out the preview to see what is in store for when this issue hits your local comic shops this Wednesday!
Views: 3,907 / Credit: Sockie of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Transformers Spotlight Bumblebee Preview

prv15515_pg2
prv15515_pg3
prv15515_pg4
prv15515_pg5
prv15515_pg6
prv15515_pg7
prv15515_pg8
ZacWilliam
The Omega Supreme tank makes me think of BH Shockwave.


-ZacWilliam, just sayin.
Spyne98
Looks cool to me!
Maverick Hunter Christian
Sounds like Bee is about to have another one of his chats with Thundercracker.
RDprime
You'd think with these being one-shots, the artwork would be better, allow for more time to perfect it. The cover artwork sets an expectation that the rest does not live up to.
Gingerchris
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDprime View Post
You'd think with these being one-shots, the artwork would be better, allow for more time to perfect it. The cover artwork sets an expectation that the rest does not live up to
Agree there. The internal artwork is weak and it's hoping the colouring will make up for it.
Jalaguy
The art is okayish, but how in the hell are 'Bee, Groove and Hot Spot the same size in bot mode? That's a muscle car, a motorbike and a fire engine...
KnightHawkke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalaguy View Post
The art is okayish, but how in the hell are 'Bee, Groove and Hot Spot the same size in bot mode? That's a muscle car, a motorbike and a fire engine...
lolscalingwhining. I would have thought by now people would just get over it, its transformers after all.

That being said, story looks interesting, but still not a fan of the IDW BB, the protoctibots are not bad though.
Kantus Prime
Sadly no walking cane for bumblebee..... that would have been better than super soakers.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalaguy View Post
The art is okayish, but how in the hell are 'Bee, Groove and Hot Spot the same size in bot mode? That's a muscle car, a motorbike and a fire engine...
Ever watch the G1 cartoon?
YoungPrime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalaguy View Post
The art is okayish, but how in the hell are 'Bee, Groove and Hot Spot the same size in bot mode? That's a muscle car, a motorbike and a fire engine...
Agreed.
CapnScumbone
Seems they used the Universe Hot Spot as a ref for the vehicle mode but not the bot mode...kind of a shame, he looks pretty damned good. Not liking the art, sadly.
gothsaurus
eh. "fresh new original takes" on noses always bug me. Bumblebee with the I've-had-my-nose-broken-boxing nose doesn't fit his character. Same with hook nose Cyclonus, or weird hawk-hook nose Megs or Starscream we've seen in IDW. Why people always have to make weird noses!?

Glad there are some exceptions through IDW as well. I do really love some of the artists.
AngryChad
Oh noes, IDW hired someone new for the art on one book! The end is near!

Loving the return of the Spotlights as a way to tie up some loose ends.
Grimwing
Its ok art. In a retro kind of way with some marvel comics like perspective. I'd prefer it to the look ongoing started with.

Guess this is going to be the pack in comic with the upcoming bumblebee deluxe then?

I hope the rumor of that toy getting a head retool into MTMTE Rodimus is true.
Either because the pack in comic will be better, or getting the captain of the lost light would be a preferable shelf display of the mold.
Wadeledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimwing View Post
Its ok art. In a retro kind of way with some marvel comics like perspective. I'd prefer it to the look ongoing started with.

Guess this is going to be the pack in comic with the upcoming bumblebee deluxe then?

I hope the rumor of that toy getting a head retool into MTMTE Rodimus is true.
Either because the pack in comic will be better, or getting the captain of the lost light would be a preferable shelf display of the mold.
Also because the Classics Rodimus is really sad by this point. Seems like he's out of a different line.
scubaboy31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadeledge View Post
Also because the Classics Rodimus is really sad by this point. Seems like he's out of a different line.
Hey, guess what. he is from a different line.

Classics, universe and generations are all different toylines. It's the fans who have lumped them together.
Anguirus
^ Lawl, yeah, Hasbro hasn't been flogging the Classics Seeker mold into Generations en masse or anything. They definitely didn't reuse the Universe Sideswipe mold as a Generations toy either, nor where there craptons of Classics molds in Universe.

"Till all are one!"
-Hasbro actually really for reals.
Gilgamesh
And since Hotspot is relevant here, let's not forget Inferno/Grappel/Hotspot.
Megastar
Poor Bumblebee.

Continue: Transformers Spotlight Bumblebee Preview Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena