Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Bot Shots Dragon Track Revealed

Posted on 01-04-2013 at 07:18 AM by Sol Fury under Bot Shots
27338364d1357299020-bot-shots-dragon-track-a25840000-1-
A new item revealed today by way of a listing on Robot Kingdom is the Bot Shots Dragon Track set. It's not entirely clear what is going on with this set - though the appearance of a dragon on the box suggests the set is somehow connected to the Transformers Prime Beast Hunters theme. The set comes with a pair of Bot Shots - an all-new mold Optimus Prime and a second (Decepticon?) Bot Shot who looks like a purple dragon or jet. The set also includes two launchers and a "spinning dragon pit".

We know from the San Diego Comic Con 2012 that the Bot Shots line is diversifying with new kinds of Bot Shots including Flip Shots and Spin Shots. Could this track set be another part of the diversification of this sub-series?
Views: 6,159 / Credit: PoweredConvoy of the 2005 Boards!
Shatterpoint
So is the other Botshot Predaking or Galvatron?
FatalT 71
Noooo! More BotShots crack!!
Cracka J
wow that looks a lot like cybertron megs & prime. that will be bought.
megatroptimus
That's a new mold for Prime, right?
xion14
The packaging and Optimus seem to have some Beast Hunters touches to them. Makes me wonder about Megatron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
That's a new mold for Prime, right?
These are a new mold of Bot Shots.
Soundwinder
Articulation?

ARTICULATION?!?

... and now I need to rebuy all my Botshots.
MechaV
Hah hah hah.

I love it.

I love how there's just dragons on everything now.
Prime Jetscream
Something about this is more appealing than normal botshots...
MetalicGrunt
Why do I get the feeling this is just the base piece for a Bot Shot racing track
trebleshot
To me, it looks like it's just going to be a Bey Blade arena kind of set. And even though they're new molds, the launchers tell me they function the same as every other BotShot currently released. Maybe it will be able to connect to other sets down the road, similar to the Cyberverse playsets or something. Either way, kind of a silly idea.

Having said that, I will be buying this. Must have them all....
RedAlert Rescue
They both look like "Flipshots" to me - they have those odd looking wheels on he legs and the bent ahead arms that Flipshots have. They basically do a backward cartwheel when they strike a surface or each other. the arms are not as such articulated they just spring into the position shown.

The other sort due soon is Spinshots (the new red Ironhide is a spinshot) they have a spring mechanism in them and you rotate them once at the chest and then press them down they then lock in place - they then flip up when they hi something but as they do the upper body spins around (bit like that Pirate in the 1980's Thundercats toyline or some of the MOTU toys) and would therefore knock another toy flying.

The idea is for you toy to land on it's feet "and" to beat the other ones chest logo and score. so the new ones that push another away or flip it away are another level added to the game.

I posted some scans of the new instructions in the botshots appreciation thread recently that illustrates my points better.
NemiMonkey
Okay that just looks weird. Prime I can understand since they made a new toy, but what the heck is up with Megs/galvatron/whoever. It looks like he's got a more dragonesque head. I swear I'm seeing two pointed teeth sticking up from his lower jaw.
Thundershot
I see the teeth too.... So who is that? He really reminds me of Cybertron Megatron...
Scorpio
My first thought was Dreadwing... but seeing as he's dead i'm going to go with a beast hunter version of Megatron.
That looks a lot like a purple version of Marauder Megatron... wonder if Megatron gets a beast hunter upgrade also?

Btw - the Dragon in the background seems more like Ripclaw than Predaking...
Fallout
i'll wait for more info on these... but i've got no interest so far in the flip shots things.
WhiteMocha
...and that's when I stopped buying Bot Shots. Oh well. Good thing these are the "new style" Bot Shots so that I don't feel compelled to get them... they'll just wreck the consistent look of the lineup anyway.
KaguyaHouraisan
Holy crap that looks awesome.Totally getting it.
RedAlert Rescue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMocha View Post
...and that's when I stopped buying Bot Shots. Oh well. Good thing these are the "new style" Bot Shots so that I don't feel compelled to get them... they'll just wreck the consistent look of the lineup anyway.
The traditional designs are still being done (as repaints at least) Flipshots and Spinshots (any anything else) are an addition to that.

Besides it's common for a line to receive some sort of refresh each year - even if sometime the consumers might like more of the same.

I agree the lack of consitancy and the repeat of the same ol' usual suspects in terms of character is a bit of a bore - I see That as a bit of a waste of time.

I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot to much with like 5 versions of Jazz and no Ricochet (for example)
WhiteMocha
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlert Rescue View Post
The traditional designs are still being done (as repaints at least) Flipshots and Spinshots (any anything else) are an addition to that.

Besides it's common for a line to receive some sort of refresh each year - even if sometime the consumers might like more of the same.

I agree the lack of consitancy and the repeat of the same ol' usual suspects in terms of character is a bit of a bore - I see That as a bit of a waste of time.

I hope they don't shoot themselves in the foot to much with like 5 versions of Jazz and no Ricochet (for example)
Oh yeah, it makes sense from a marketing perspective to evolve the line a bit and try different things. That's understandable. I just find that the thing I like about Bot Shots is how homogenized they are, all using the same design and transformation scheme.

And I was being hyperbolic saying I wouldn't buy Bot Shots anymore, I'll still absolutely pick up any of the traditional ones that comes out.

You're right about the potential for over-releasing certain characters, though. I picked up the "polar Autobots" set this weekend and shook my head at the blue Mirage, black Ironhide, and clear blue Prime that look extremely similar to their previous releases. At least the set came with a nice white Bumblebee and thought to include Jetfire (given his history under the ice). But what a missed chance for some other unique repaints.
megatroptimus
One day Bot Shots will evolve into more complex autotransforming bots called... Activators.
Constructor
I'm going to take a (Bot) shot in the dark here,
but the purple guy's most likely Megatron.
GaussGunner
Stupid Hasbro!!! Make normal toys!!!
eriku
Quote:
Originally Posted by megatroptimus View Post
One day Bot Shots will evolve into more complex autotransforming bots called... Activators.
That's crazy talk. Stop saying crazy things, crazy person.
As if a Transformer could go from a nice looking alt mode to a nice looking and fully articulated bot mode with some kind of magical "autotransformation". Crazy I say!
RedAlert Rescue
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMocha View Post
[clip]
You're right about the potential for over-releasing certain characters, though. I picked up the "polar Autobots" set this weekend and shook my head at the blue Mirage, black Ironhide, and clear blue Prime that look extremely similar to their previous releases. At least the set came with a nice white Bumblebee and thought to include Jetfire (given his history under the ice). But what a missed chance for some other unique repaints.
When I saw those sets my thoughts went something like this.

1) Why isn't that Ironhide red. (Or for that matter Trailbreaker)
2) Oh look Bugbite !
3) Why isn't that Mirage Red (either).
4) Oh look it's an Armada 'Powerlinx' coloured Jetfire.
5) Did someone at Hasbro legal fall asleep again and loose Wildrider's name ?
6) Oh and is that supposed to be Ultra Magnus ?

My main irk was that as the Flipshot Ironhide is red this set might be one of the last chances to include a red Botshot Ironhide (I'm guessing the classic design is now called Jumpshots) unless they add him to a playset sometime. but he's already been over painted a lot - maybe Takara will do a red one.
Nope
Looks neat, but I really hope they stick with the normal Bot-Shots.

More interested in the Stunticons anyway.
SPLIT LIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaussGunner View Post
Stupid Hasbro!!! Make normal toys!!!
...

These are normal toys.
Autovolt 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
...

These are normal toys.
I think he wants more main line toys.

Well I might consider getting this just because it's a racing track. That's neat.
Backscatter
Bought on sight!
jjd1981
I'm calling it now, the purple botshot is Galvatron! Could be seeing a hint at Galvatron in Prime? Thoughts?
Valkysas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalicGrunt View Post
Why do I get the feeling this is just the base piece for a Bot Shot racing track
I don't think a racing track would work, since they would trigger and flip off the track every time they touched the edge for a turn.
cleazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
I don't think a racing track would work, since they would trigger and flip off the track every time they touched the edge for a turn.
"And today's winner is, as usual, nobody!"
RedAlert Rescue
I would rather they make one frivolous toyline and stick with it than make 20 different ones like they did during the Movie toylines.

I think the Battle games is the concept illustrated here (like Beyblades) rather than Hotwheels/Speedstars.
NormanB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleazer View Post
"And today's winner is, as usual, nobody!"
+1

Continue: Transformers Bot Shots Dragon Track Revealed Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey