Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Armada Returning to DVD?

Posted on 11-21-2013 at 03:13 PM by Tony_Bacala under Armada
transformers-armada-dvd
Amazon has listed a new pre-order page for "Transformers Armada - The Complete Series". As per TVShowsonDVD, the distributor is Gaiam Americas which also does distribution for Shout! Factory. Shout! is the company that does most of the current Transformers dvd/blu-ray releases now. If you missed out on Transformers Armada back when Rhino put them out last decade, this could be your chance to pick the series up minty fresh, if it pans out of course.
Views: 4,651 / Credit: TVShowsonDVD Predakwon and captain N of the 2005 Boards!
General Tekno
It's probably Shout! Factory, given last I recall they got the rights.
NotRamjet97
Cool

Bout time best series got a rerelease.
Niv3k
Always good to hear new about Armada.
O.Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Tekno View Post
It's probably Shout! Factory, given last I recall they got the rights.
Shout!Factory often farms out lesser titles to smaller distributors. (i.e. much of their DiC library they gave to Cookie Jar/DHX) So while I have no doubrt they are the source, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a budget release from Gaiam. I haven't watched Armada in so long... I cant even recall if the Rhino sets I have included any extras or not heh... Well I guess its nice for people who missed out a decade or so ago, or were too young to remember. Now they can experience the awfulness of Armada for themselves. I'm guessing by the price point a Micron Densetsu track w/subs wont be included? No reason for me to purchase then. However its a nice second chance for any completists out there that missed it the first time.
lordmegatron64
YES! Armada is the BEST TF Series!
lordmegatron64
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Supreme View Post
Shout!Factory often farms out lesser titles to smaller distributors. (i.e. much of their DiC library they gave to Cookie Jar/DHX) So while I have no doubrt they are the source, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a budget release from Gaiam. I haven't watched Armada in so long... I cant even recall if the Rhino sets I have included any extras or not heh... Well I guess its nice for people who missed out a decade or so ago, or were too young to remember. Now they can experience the awfulness of Armada for themselves. I'm guessing by the price point a Micron Densetsu track w/subs wont be included? No reason for me to purchase then. However its a nice second chance for any completists out there that missed it the first time.
Finally someone who understands that there is no such thing as the Unicron Trilogy. Armada and Energon were the only series that were connected. Cybertron was not.
MACRAPTRON
yuck.
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmegatron64 View Post
YES! Armada is the BEST TF Series!
Gimme your Brofist!
Niv3k
Armada needs more attention!
UltraAlanMagnus
Give this Man a Cookie.
Spiderus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmegatron64 View Post
YES! Armada is the BEST TF Series!
Say..What??? I thought Beast Wars was.
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderus prime View Post
say..what??? I thought beast wars was.
never!
Yggdrasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderus Prime View Post
Say..What??? I thought Beast Wars was.
Nope. AWFUL ANIMU NOT MUNKEY!!!
smkspy
A decent price, I needed vol 2 and this certainly beats current prices.
Niv3k
Armada fans shouldn't be denied!
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv3k View Post
Armada fans shouldn't be denied!
Ditto!

We all got into Transformers somehow, this is how I and a lot of other fans got in, bring some ARMADA!
AgentAlabama113
Yay! It'll be good to relive my first series.
D POK
A lot of fans are going to be stoked over this!

Still hoping somebody release the Japanese's exclusive series: Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo.
grimlock1972
Preordered
Yggdrasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by D POK View Post
A lot of fans are going to be stoked over this!

Still hoping somebody release the Japanese's exclusive series: Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo.
You know I would actually buy those.
Spiderus Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Nope. AWFUL ANIMU NOT MUNKEY!!!
Let face it Cheetor isn't annoyed,Optimus Primal isn't combined with other Maximals, & They got Dinobot and Rhinox.
Autovolt 127
About time Armada got it's due. What would make things sweeter if they could make a remastered dub (new re-recordings with the original dub voice actors and micron Legend animation.)

Hey a man can dream right?
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderus Prime View Post
Let face it Cheetor isn't annoyed,Optimus Primal isn't combined with other Maximals, & They got Dinobot and Rhinox.
But BW doesn't have armada Starscream, or loony Cyclonus, and I think the combinings a good thing.
T-Logicon
Sweet. I have acouple of the episode DVDs, and they're ok. Looking forward to the complete series to take on the story chronologically. Awesome news.
Yggdrasil
Quote:
But BW doesn't have armada Starscream
You mean "Poor man's Dinobot" ?
bignick1693
Still waiting on beast machines and rid.
Yggdrasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignick1693 View Post
Still waiting on beast machines and rid.
I'm still hoping for an Animated Season 3
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
You mean "Poor man's Dinobot" ?
No I mean Armada Starscream, I don't give a slag who Dinobots was.
Yggdrasil
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRamjet97 View Post
No I mean Armada Starscream, I don't give a slag who Dinobots was.
Of course you don't. He was actually written well.
vrba79
Featuring "We can't fight here! We'll hurt the trees!" Optimus Desu, and palette swapped Megatron as Galvatron, his comic relief flunkies and Cybertronian Pokeymans.
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Of course you don't. He was actually written well.
Yes because as we all know, everything post Beast era is crap and everyone who came in through post BE and isnt a kiss up, doesn't deserve to be called a fan.
vrba79
Honestly, the only good things that came from Armada, was the Unicron toy and the de-animed PS2 game.
thewiredknight
Ok I have an honest question.

I watched Armada back in the day and although I liked the core story I found the dubbing and the five kids intolerable. It was alright in my opinion but not as good as Beast Wars, Animated or Prime IMO. Of the "Unicron Trilogy" I personally prefer Galaxy Force (aka Cybertron) but in Japanese before the Saban dubbing hit it with awkward jokes, wierd edits and character gender changes.

The point of this, is Armada really watchable on a second runthrough? Or does it not hold up very well? And if so, what do you think its strengths are that can outweigh what, in my opinion, are very distracting problems.
O.Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt 127 View Post
About time Armada got it's due. What would make things sweeter if they could make a remastered dub (new re-recordings with the original dub voice actors and micron Legend animation.)

Hey a man can dream right?
Oh and correct all the name error's while where at it

As I said on the first page, I am truly pleased for fans that never got a chance to get the series on DVD originally. I just wonder how many people here that are Really Excited! . Have actually seen the show? This is the voice of experience speaking, - as I made the same mistake in my more energetic 20's - wanting to speaking highly of unseen shows of certain genres that I hadn't had access to before. In some cases (not all), I was mistaken however. I just wonder how many fans will be willing to admit it once they really try to get through Armada.
bman29
That's actually a good deal if it pans out. Even though Armarda was cringe worthy writing at best.

Megatron: "Come Optimus Prime, let us fight!"
Optimus: "Not before I consult these tiny children first, who are apparently vastly more intelligent than we Cybertronians Megatron!"
Yggdrasil
Quote:
Megatron: "Come Optimus Prime, let us fight!"
Optimus: "Not before I consult these tiny children first, who are apparently vastly more intelligent than we Cybertronians Megatron!"
Or my favourite parts of

"Look Hot Shot there's a fight going on!"

"Let us stand around and watch YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
thewiredknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Or my favourite parts of

"Look Hot Shot there's a fight going on!"

"Let us stand around and watch YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
Actually this is a problem that anime can be notorious for. I'm a fan of a lot of anime, I generally prefer it over western animation BUT a lot of shows aimed at younger audiences tend to have a lot of characters on the sidelines narrating what is going on in battle and never being productive. It drives me up the wall.
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Supreme View Post
Oh and correct all the name error's while where at it

As I said on the first page, I am truly pleased for fans that never got a chance to get the series on DVD originally. I just wonder how many people here that are Really Excited! . Have actually seen the show? This is the voice of experience speaking, - as I made the same mistake in my more energetic 20's - wanting to speaking highly of unseen shows of certain genres that I hadn't had access to before. In some cases (not all), I was mistaken however. I just wonder how many fans will be willing to admit it once they really try to get through Armada.
I grew up with it, and I've been rewatching it, so many memories. I may buy this, and maybe they'll rerelease the rest of the Trilogy.
O.Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiredknight View Post
Ok I have an honest question.

I watched Armada back in the day and although I liked the core story I found the dubbing and the five kids intolerable. It was alright in my opinion but not as good as Beast Wars, Animated or Prime IMO. Of the "Unicron Trilogy" I personally prefer Galaxy Force (aka Cybertron) but in Japanese before the Saban dubbing hit it with awkward jokes, wierd edits and character gender changes.

The point of this, is Armada really watchable on a second runthrough? Or does it not hold up very well? And if so, what do you think its strengths are that can outweigh what, in my opinion, are very distracting problems.
Saban didn't produce Armada... They only produced RID. there is another culprit to blame for the bad Voice Over work for those 3 series (they technically aren't "dubs" since the shows were being produced for both Japan & North America at the same time)

Quote:
Armada was the first Transformers cartoon to be co-developed in the United States and Japan. The show was produced in Japan with animation by Actas Inc., but wound up airing first in the United States with a dub by ADR studio Voicebox, and was then broadcast in Japan six months after the American premiere. By contrast, the last story arc of the series debuted in the United Kingdom, followed soon after by Canada, and then the US; by the end, the Japanese airing had also overtaken America.
bman29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
Or my favourite parts of

"Look Hot Shot there's a fight going on!"

"Let us stand around and watch YEEEEEE-HAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
Yeah, I don't hate the show it just felt like an endless PSA. It does take me back to when Cartoon Network wasn't a complete sham of a network. It was nice to have David Kaye and Gary Chalk continue their respective roles in the series from Beast Wars onward.
thewiredknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.Supreme View Post
Saban didn't produce Armada... They only produced RID. there is another culprit to blame for the bad Voice Over work for those 3 series (they technically aren't "dubs" since the shows were being produced for both Japan & North America at the same time)

My point still stands, the quality of the voice work makes it particularly difficult to watch and this only got worse with the voice overs for Energon and Cybertron. But the writing in particular is really cringe worthy with jokes thrown out of place constantly which destroy the tone of a scene. I'm trying to figure out if the show's merits outweigh these problems or if I should stick with the Japanese versions.
O.Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRamjet97 View Post
I grew up with it, and I've been rewatching it, so many memories. I may buy this, and maybe they'll rerelease the rest of the Trilogy.
Wow, first time I've ever spoken to someone who's first exposure to the Transformers was Armada. Kids grow up so fast these days. . Well All I can say is you have quite a unique perspecive, for good or ill.

My best friend had a 10 year old son back in 2002. Although he watched Armada I made sure to show him plenty of Original Series & BW. Now even with my own kids whos first exposure would have been TF: Animated, I have shown them pretty much every series. I wonder in ten years which will be their favorite...
O.Supreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by thewiredknight View Post
My point still stands, the quality of the voice work makes it particularly difficult to watch and this only got worse with the voice overs for Energon and Cybertron. But the writing in particular is really cringe worthy with jokes thrown out of place constantly which destroy the tone of a scene. I'm trying to figure out if the show's merits outweigh these problems or if I should stick with the Japanese versions.
If you are wanting quality, stick with the Japanese versions. Sadly english subs of Micron Densetsu are not known to exist currently.
Naztok
Quote:
Originally Posted by D POK View Post
A lot of fans are going to be stoked over this!

Still hoping somebody release the Japanese's exclusive series: Beast Wars II and Beast Wars Neo.
Very much agreed.
Enigma2K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmegatron64 View Post
YES! Armada is the BEST TF Series!
You want ME to tell you how wrong you are, or TJ Omega?
Shizuka
Transformers: Armada complete collection?

Beast Wars: Megatron 'Yes' Compilation. - YouTube

Any chance of a UK release? Off to Amazon...
smkspy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRamjet97 View Post
Yes because as we all know, everything post Beast era is crap and everyone who came in through post BE and isnt a kiss up, doesn't deserve to be called a fan.
God lord, you are far too easy to get riled up. It doesn't even take all that much, and you start with the fan self-hate.
NotRamjet97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma2K2 View Post
You want ME to tell you how wrong you are, or TJ Omega?
I know it is, and nothing anyone says is gonna change my mind.

Continue: Transformers Armada Returning to DVD? Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan