Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Transformers Animated Mini EZ Collection Series from Takara-Tomy

Posted on 06-29-2010 at 06:29 PM by Sol Fury under Animated
tfakits
bigkid24 of our 2005 Boards has sent this interesting new product listing from Takara-Tomy our way - it's for a series of four "Mini EZ Collection" Animated Transformers. Yes, Takara-Tomy are now making new molds of the Animated cast! These toys will retail for 300 yen and stand about 60 mm tall, so they are smaller and less complex than the existing EZ Collection / Legends Class toys available. This assortment consists of Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron and Starscream. Check out the listing with images of the toys by clicking on the thumbnail left of this story.
Views: 7,579 / Credit: bigkid24 of the 2005 Boards!
Valkysas
these are smaller (and cheaper) than legends. that means they're all new molds. Prime and Bumblebee look like they're based on the legends figures, but that's it. legends starscream doesnt transform like that, and legends Megatron doesnt exist.

So this is news. for sure. You should probably use the "submit news" link at the bottom of the page. This might get overlooked.

new mold, transforming animated toys from takara-tomy.

BRAVO.

yeah, they're tiny and inexpensive for them to make, but still. bravo. I'm still hoping for some form of tiny Sari I can stick on my shelf next to Bumblebee. regardless of whatever robots we do or don't see released in the line, when all is said and done, if I have Sari on my shelf, I can feel the line is complete when it's done this time.
SoundMaster
I need that Megatron.
Jarodimus


*awaits preorder*
DrillBIT
Mini EZ Collection. I love that name.
SPLIT LIP
Adorable. I must have them!
T-Logicon
Very cool. I like the Megatron. I wonder how these compare, size wise, to the normal legends guys. The Starscream looks a little different.
Gryph
I'm thinking these might be candy toys.
bigkid24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryph View Post
I'm thinking these might be candy toys.
I think they are actually capsule toys, and they should be out in October.
shibamura_prime
Nice! They're kind of like the middle brother between the WST and EZ/Legends siblings.
Mumps
Want want want!!
Nukatron
They look like the Buger King toys
zopilote_z
So, Takara/Tomy is making new animated molds after all..
lonegamer
bigkid, where'd you find that?
Bumblethumper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
these are smaller (and cheaper) than legends. that means they're all new molds. Prime and Bumblebee look like they're based on the legends figures, but that's it. legends starscream doesnt transform like that, and legends Megatron doesnt exist.

So this is news. for sure. You should probably use the "submit news" link at the bottom of the page. This might get overlooked.

new mold, transforming animated toys from takara-tomy.

BRAVO.
Big news for sure.

This is why I would never say something isn't going to happen. Anything is possible, no one really knows. And Japan is full of things that logic says shouldn't exist.
neospark1
Takara make Triple Changer Shiny Megatron? Falls on knees and begs and criezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
Valkysas
They wouldnt do it. it wasnt in the show. molds werent already made.

4 tiny little sub-legends class figures don't cost anywhere near what a voyager or a leader figure would cost to make.
Primus00
All Takara needs to do is the 3 Constructions and Omega Supreme.
DrillBIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by neospark1 View Post
Takara make Triple Changer Shiny Megatron? Falls on knees and begs and criezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
These are easy transform toys for kids.
They are not considering any thing works for older kids for this line.
toxinom
Damn me and my Megatron obsession....
RedAlert Rescue
So what we have here then is either larger than typical Animated WST's or if you prefer main characters as Mini-cons (without the minicon holes).
caitlindevi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
They wouldnt do it. it wasnt in the show. molds werent already made.

4 tiny little sub-legends class figures don't cost anywhere near what a voyager or a leader figure would cost to make.
This could be a toe in the water to see if theres enough interest to create more. relative little outlay if all four are on the same mould. it would probably be a similar mould size to a deluxe.
but yes its unlikely to see the light of day unless takara tomy decided to continue the cartoon and make new episodes - look what happened with beast wars
Bgrngod
Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlindevi View Post
This could be a toe in the water to see if theres enough interest to create more. relative little outlay if all four are on the same mould. it would probably be a similar mould size to a deluxe.
but yes its unlikely to see the light of day unless takara tomy decided to continue the cartoon and make new episodes - look what happened with beast wars
Definitely not the case. Super small transformers are a popular thing in Japan. Much more so than over here in the US. This is simply a case of Takara easily filling a hole in a market that the US toys didn't have anything available for.
bny888
Hmmmm interesting, I need the Bee of course, hehe.

Continue: Transformers Animated Mini EZ Collection Series from Takara-Tomy Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla