Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Takara-Tomy October and November 2010 Toy Release Solicitations

Posted on 07-15-2010 at 06:31 AM by Sol Fury under Animated
1279183625725
2005 Boards member Gaokaiser has shared scans of a catalog soliciting Takara-Tomy's October and November 2010 releases. The bulk of the releases once again come from Transformers Animated, with some more Movie series "Autobot Alliance" releases also coming along. Alternity Thundercracker and Masterpiece Movie Starscream are also listed.

Japanese Animated toys scheduled for October 2010:

TA-41 Optimus Prime Light & Sound (Roll Out & Command Optimus Prime)
TA-42 Oil Slick
TA-43 Ironhide Light & Sound (Leader Class Bulkhead)
TA-44 Armorhide (Ironhide in US)
TA-45 Shockwave Original ver. (purple "true colors" version of Shockwave, Target exclusive in the US)
Transformers Animated Super Collection VOL.1 (Transformers Animated Super Collection is a series similar to the way Legends are sold in Japan as the EZ Series. Each collection volume will consist of four Activators. Volume 1 includes Optimus Prime, Megatron, Ratchet and Lockdown)
Transformers Animated Super Collection VOL.2 (Includes Bumblebee, Ironhide (Bulkhead), Grimlock and Starscream)

Japanese Animated toys scheduled for November 2010:

TA-46 Blazing Lockdown
TA-47 Electrostatic Soundwave



Autobot Alliance Movie Series toys scheduled for October 2010:

AA-05 Seaspray
AA-06 Sidearm Sidswipe
AA-07 Groundshaker (Breacher in US)
Masterpiece Movie Starscream
EZ Collection VOL.5 (Only shown in silhouette. Said to include two new to Japan molds, Rampage and Long Haul, plus six redecos, Optimus Prime, Jetfire, Skids, Mudflap, Brawl and Scorponok)

Autobot Alliance Movie Series toys scheduled for November 2010:

AA-08 Elita One (Arcee redeco)
AA-09 Hubcap
AA-10 Brimstone


Last but not least, Alternity Thundercracker is due for release in October 2010.
Views: 9,469 / Credit: Gaokaiser of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Takara-Tomy October and November 2010 Toy Release Solicitations

1279183727967
1279184076505
Fort Max
Groundshaker is Breacher btw, nothing new here but cool to finally see Ironhide on their release schedule.
Cal
Teeeeeeeny-tiny scans.
grayman
Is it me or does Wingblade Optimus Prime have clear plastic for the chest and legs?
Prime Evil
Hmmmm. I was hoping that the Japanese Seaspray would have more of a G1 color scheme. I'm still gonna wait a bit and see if there will be any changes.
imranbecks
The only one I have my eyes on is the MP Movie Starscream

Elita One being a repaint of Arcee is a lazy move from Hasbro/Takara.. Can't they do a bike with a new mold that at least looks like Elita One in the movie...
Triggerhappy
Oil Slick looks better! and Yay! for Armorhide being on the release schedule.... doesn't look like he has a face tho
Type-R
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayman View Post
Is it me or does Wingblade Optimus Prime have clear plastic for the chest and legs?
Yes. The solicitation also mentions that the main figure will be in clear plastic.

I guess it's an extra incentive to get people to buy the same figure again but with some add on parts... and also to rope in collectors with a clear plastic fetish. lol.
ORIO
For a split second I thought Roll Out Command Prime was the voyager mold with a show accurate axe.

And then I finished reading.
Trailbreaker77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Evil View Post
Hmmmm. I was hoping that the Japanese Seaspray would have more of a G1 color scheme. I'm still gonna wait a bit and see if there will be any changes.
As was I, hoping for a Henkei rebirth.
lars573
Sea Spray is HFTD. Why would Takara not put him in their equivalent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranbecks View Post
Elita One being a repaint of Arcee is a lazy move from Hasbro/Takara.. Can't they do a bike with a new mold that at least looks like Elita One in the movie...
If Hasbro didn't, then Takara was never going to.
Trailbreaker77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
Sea Spray is HFTD. Why would Takara not put him in their equivalent?


What line is that? I just thought since he was part of the "Classics" line that he would have gotten an Henkei paint job.
lars573
He's not classics though, he's HFTD (IE movie). Like ROTF Bludgeon (and that Windcharger they announced at Botcon) he's a crossover. Meant to be able to blend with both movie and classics. And Takara's HFTD equivalent line is called Autobot Alliance. Hence the AA-** in the product numbers. So again I ask you why would Takara give a Henkei paint job to a figure that isn't a Henkei candidate?
Angelwave
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
He's not classics though, he's HFTD (IE movie). Like ROTF Bludgeon (and that Windcharger they announced at Botcon) he's a crossover. Meant to be able to blend with both movie and classics. And Takara's HFTD equivalent line is called Autobot Alliance. Hence the AA-** in the product numbers. So again I ask you why would Takara give a Henkei paint job to a figure that isn't a Henkei candidate?
Actually, to be technical, it is also Autobot Alliance here. "Hunt for the Decepticons" is just it's promotion. That's what the whole set up at Botcon was about.
Trailbreaker77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
He's not classics though, he's HFTD (IE movie). Like ROTF Bludgeon (and that Windcharger they announced at Botcon) he's a crossover. Meant to be able to blend with both movie and classics. And Takara's HFTD equivalent line is called Autobot Alliance. Hence the AA-** in the product numbers. So again I ask you why would Takara give a Henkei paint job to a figure that isn't a Henkei candidate?
I thought I remember Hasbro stating in one of their Q and A's that Seaspray was a "Classics" line figure but due to his size he got put into the HFTD line. I would dig it up but I would not know where to start.
axiom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-R View Post
Yes. The solicitation also mentions that the main figure will be in clear plastic.

I guess it's an extra incentive to get people to buy the same figure again but with some add on parts... and also to rope in collectors with a clear plastic fetish. lol.
I didn't know this.
I preordered this from BBTS back in April and their pic doesn't show the clear Prime? Hopefully this is the Prime I get with that preorder. I may have to change it.
Tiller
Clear Plastic? Ugghhhhhhh. I hope there are two versions of this because I just want the sexy Voyager colors with the Wingblade stuff. I can barely tolerate the PCC minicons.


Anyway, I keep having to laugh at the whole Bulkhead/Ironhide thing. Especially since if season 4 would have rolled around the real Ironhide would have looked like if the G1 and Movie versions had a baby in the Animated Style.
einis
groundshaker looks a lot better name than breacher IMO
and the so called masterpiece ss has first's movie colors,with no tatoos.hmmm...
Trailbreaker77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
He's not classics though, he's HFTD (IE movie). Like ROTF Bludgeon (and that Windcharger they announced at Botcon) he's a crossover. Meant to be able to blend with both movie and classics. And Takara's HFTD equivalent line is called Autobot Alliance. Hence the AA-** in the product numbers. So again I ask you why would Takara give a Henkei paint job to a figure that isn't a Henkei candidate?
Found IT! Thank god for google.

Quote:
1. Is the new Voyager Sea Spray a character who lives in the live-action film universe?


Sea Spray is continuing under the design philosophy that we started with Classics line and continued through Universe. It is all about reimaging classic characters in a new, 21st century styling.
It was answered in March HERE is the link.
TRANS+CRAZY
I really like the MP Movie Starscream. So want!
DrillBIT
Not too big at all.
lars573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
Found IT! Thank god for google.



It was answered in March HERE is the link.
I read that too, I also read the initial blurbs about Bludgeon and how he was the same thing. And how in earlier talks about Sea Spray they said like ROTF Bludgeon he's a classic update meant to work with both classics and movie. Meaning the figure is NOT classics, it's movie. So I repeat, why would Takara not sell a movie figure in the movie line? And you can bet that movie scout Windcharger, Grapple, and the G1 style legends will also be movie figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelwave View Post
Actually, to be technical, it is also Autobot Alliance here. "Hunt for the Decepticons" is just it's promotion. That's what the whole set up at Botcon was about.
Yeah but my point stands.
hoshi_1123
Hi guys! sorry for the newbie question but, will TakTom be releasing TFA jetblade Prime? coz he's in the pic but not on the list..
lars573
He was listed a while ago.
Trailbreaker77
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
I read that too, I also read the initial blurbs about Bludgeon and how he was the same thing. And how in earlier talks about Sea Spray they said like ROTF Bludgeon he's a classic update meant to work with both classics and movie. Meaning the figure is NOT classics, it's movie. So I repeat, why would Takara not sell a movie figure in the movie line? And you can bet that movie scout Windcharger, Grapple, and the G1 style legends will also be movie figures.


Yeah but my point stands.
No where in their quote did they say Movie style and Classics they said "Classics". Now the new Generations line is only Deluxe class so far and this Voyager was put into the HFTD line. So I figured that if Takara was going to use the mold they would put it into their Henkei line since that is the line it was intended for. I don't see where my request as to what I though might happen is that unreasonable.
Dominion Prime
@ drillbit's pic. Is that the Predaking box on the right?
Rodimus_Prime
Rodimus Minor's color is so accurate to his artwork profile on animated... look at this.



Nightrain
I'll be getting Ironhide of course, and Shockwave because I stupidly passed it up before. If the wingblade figure is crystal, then that's a really nice bonus for me.
DrillBIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshi_1123 View Post
Hi guys! sorry for the newbie question but, will TakTom be releasing TFA jetblade Prime? coz he's in the pic but not on the list..
TakaraTomy's Wing Blade Prime is due out in September.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion Prime View Post
@ drillbit's pic. Is that the Predaking box on the right?
Yes it is.
See the other thread.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...predaking.html
GreenScream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailbreaker77 View Post
As was I, hoping for a Henkei rebirth.
I was hoping that TakTomy would give Seaspray a more toon accurate paintjob. But wasn't expecting that he'd be a Henkei release.

Powerglide, Onslaught, and Silverbolt were all given G1 paintjobs but technically aren't part of the Henkei line. They're simply USA editions.

I'd expect Henkei to reemerge with Takara's release of the Generations figure. I would also would think that Grapple, even though he's a yellow box figure, will be Henkei'd since Inferno has already been.
Trailbreaker77
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenScream View Post
I was hoping that TakTomy would give Seaspray a more toon accurate paintjob. But wasn't expecting that he'd be a Henkei release.

Powerglide, Onslaught, and Silverbolt were all given G1 paintjobs but technically aren't part of the Henkei line. They're simply USA editions.

I'd expect Henkei to reemerge with Takara's release of the Generations figure. I would also would think that Grapple, even though he's a yellow box figure, will be Henkei'd since Inferno has already been.
Right they were not given Henkei numbers they were just released in USA packaging and given an extra sticker. They were Ultra's right not Voyager, I would have to go back and look because I am not sure.
Primus00
These are good in all, but we still are in need of these Animated figures Scrapper, Mixmaster, Dirt Boss, Strika, Spittor, and Omega Supreme. Its all up to Takara to make those.
lars573
They said they're not. Tak/To's words were: "If it hasn't got a mold, it's not getting made."
Rodimus_Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by lars573 View Post
They said they're not. Tak/To's words were: "If it hasn't got a mold, it's not getting made."
It's such a shame really, at least one of the main figure, Omega Supreme should have had a toy, and most importatnly the show should have continued. Thats my peace on animated.
Backpack
I just finally noticed that this Jet Blade Optimus is a Voyager fig. not deluxe. Cool.

Animated Ironhide is looking a bit different from Hasbros'.

Thankfully I think I can pass on the Leader Bulkhead. Wont know for sure until I see better pics. If it's just 'dirty' paint apps... there's no need to spend that much. Now if it had that shinny metal green finish... I'd be screwed. I've already broken down, and plan to get leader Megatron for his metal paint. Bet I will get Bulky too. Damn, I am screwed. What TFA fan can resist these?
Sprocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaximus View Post
It's such a shame really, at least one of the main figure, Omega Supreme should have had a toy, and most importatnly the show should have continued. Thats my peace on animated.
It's close to impossible, but not completely impossible.

You want a miracle? Sometimes you have to make your own.

*kisses his lottery ticket good luck*

And yes Backpack, there are clearer pictures of Leader Bulkhead in the Tokyo Toy Show threads, and it's just a 'weathered' paint job. As for Iron/Armorhide, I just hope he doesn't have that weird duck mouth we saw at Botcon.
Backpack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprocket View Post

And yes Backpack, there are clearer pictures of Leader Bulkhead in the Tokyo Toy Show threads, and it's just a 'weathered' paint job. As for Iron/Armorhide, I just hope he doesn't have that weird duck mouth we saw at Botcon.
Yes I saw... and it looks really good. It's not just a few spots of dirt sprayed on (as I thought)... it's completely painted. Definate buy for me.
46+2
Is this a special edition of WB Op?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type-R View Post
Yes. The solicitation also mentions that the main figure will be in clear plastic.

I guess it's an extra incentive to get people to buy the same figure again but with some add on parts... and also to rope in collectors with a clear plastic fetish. lol.
Bgrngod
BBTS has tossed up pre-orders for a bunch of the Animated figs mentioned in this thread.

TA41 Optimus Prime (Lights & Sounds) $99.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA41 Optimus Prime (Lights & Sounds) - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
TA42 Oilslick $29.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA42 Oil Slick - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
TA43 Iron Hide (Bulkhead) (Lights & Sounds) $79.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA43 Iron Hide (Bulkhead) (Lights & Sounds) - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
TA44 Armored Hide (Ironhide) $29.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA44 Armored Hide (Ironhide) - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
TA45 Shockwave (Original Version) $29.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA45 Shockwave (Original Version) - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
TA46 Blazing Lockdown $29.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA46 Blazing Lockdown - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures
TA47 Electrostatic Soundwave $29.99: Japanese Transformers Animated - TA47 Electrostatic Soundwave - Transformers Animated Japanese Figures

$100 for a giant Legends figures with some lights? Not that I buy any of the Takara Animated figs, but I still gotta toss out a big PASS on that one.

Continue: Takara-Tomy October and November 2010 Toy Release Solicitations Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Hobby Link Japan