Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFC Toys Hercules Vs. Maketoys Comparison Reviews

Posted on 06-11-2012 at 01:18 AM by ORIO under 3rd Party Unlicensed
hercandgiant
Are you still debating on which 3rd party Not-Devastator toy should join your collection shelves? Fear not, 2005 Board member TJ Duckett has been gratious enough to post an extensive thread comparing the two monsterous combiner figures; TFC Toys Hercules and Maketoys Yellow Giant. Along with video reviews, there are pictorial reviews and comparisons as well. Including all individual component figures.

Click the title bar to read on and view all of this great, long awaited information.
Views: 33,588 / Credit: TJ Duckett of the 2005 Boards!

Images for TFC Toys Hercules Vs. Maketoys Comparison Reviews

hercandgiant2
TJ Duckett
EXCAVATOR

Actual Size: 1000 x 1139


Transformers: MakeToys Excavator by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1000 x 1052


Transformers: MakeToys Excavator by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Bulldozer:

Actual size: 1000 x 1208


Transformers: MakeToys Bulldozer by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1000 x 1033


Transformers: MakeToys Bulldozer by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Dump Truck:

Actual Size: 1100 x 877


Transformers: MakeToys Dump Truck by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1100 x 925


Transformers: MakeToys Dump Truck by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1100 x 870


Transformers: MakeToys Dump Truck by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Mobile Crane:

Actual Size: 1100 x 988


Transfomers: MakeToys Mobile Crane by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1100 x 1026


Transfomers: MakeToys Mobile Crane by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1100 x 1004


Transfomers: MakeToys Mobile Crane by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1100 x 994


Transformers: MakeToys Mobile Crane by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr



Wheel Loader:

Actual Size: 1200 x 718


Transformers: MakeToys Wheel Loader by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 727


Transformers: MakeToys Wheel Loader by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 1136


Transformers: MakeToys Wheel Loader by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 1165


Transformers: MakeToys Wheel Loader by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 1197


MakeToys Wheel Loader by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 1191


MakeToys Wheel Loader by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Mixmaster:

Actual Size: 1200 x 815


Transformers; MakeToys MixMaster by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 934


Transformers; MakeToys MixMaster by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 1135


Transformers; MakeToys MixMaster by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1200 x 1200


Transformers; MakeToys MixMaster by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

MakeToys Giant Gestalt:

Actual size: 1600 x 1280


Transformers: Maketoys Giant by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Click picture for full resolution

Actual size: 1600 x 1250


Transformers: MakeToys Giant by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1400 x 1318


Transformers: MakeToys Giant by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1600 x 1174


Transformers: MakeToys Giant by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Group Size Comparison:

Actual Size: 1500 x 994


Transformers: MakeToys Giant Bots Size Comparisons by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr
TJ Duckett
Actual Size: 1600 x 1176


Transformers: MakeToys Giant by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr

Actual Size: 1600 x 1228


Transformers: MakeToys Giant vs. TFC Hercules by KumaStylePhotography, on Flickr
TJ Duckett
Ok, first video's up, and everyone's free to post. Working on getting all of the pictures put in this thread now!
TJ Duckett
Oh yea. Everyone can post/respond now. Sorry.
stevil33
Oh hells yeah TJ, this is the thread I've been waiting for someone to do!!!
Looking forward to seeing all the comparisons, videos, photos an wotnot

The battle of Herc vs Giant!!
hardreturn
that first video is nice and thorough.

fantastic resource you're making here.

very much looking forward to the bot comparison video!
bbanzai123
Great video TJ! I can't wait to see what's next. Keep them coming.
Outsider4Life
poor poor Grimlock (would never happen, King Grimlock would own). loved the video and all the detailed pictures. keep them coming this will help many people decide which ones to get, if not both.
Transbot90210
Great review and such a big task to undertake. I look forward to all the video comparisons.

Your pictures, as always, are a thing of sheer beauty.

Thank you for doing this.

I agree that TFC wins in the vehicle department but so far, without Giant in hand, I think Giant will take the rest. Being a taller Devastator is not enough to win this battle.
chuckcjc
No pics of the backs of the TFC bots?
G.I.EDDIE
great review TJD!...its hard for me to pick between the 12 which vehicle modes are my faves...though seeing Heavy Labor and Dump Truck side by side makes me really wish TFC had upscaled HL more...Giants waist looks much better than Hercs...

as for one of your gripes, it would be cool for MTs bulldozer and excavator to have working wheels, but honestly, IMO, they look the same being pushed around as TFCs wheeled versions since you cant see the wheels moving on them anyway...

what would be awesome (though admitedly impossible) is if all four had working treads...

...also whats intersting about your comparison TJD, is how almost exactly the same size the treads are between the four...it becomes even more apparent when adding the TFC-007 kit to Hercules...the treads get lost on his shoulders since the vehicle portions are so much more massive...on Giant, the treads are MUCH more apparent since the vehicle portions are smaller, yet the treads are the same size as the ones on Herc...definitely looking forward to that side-by-side compareo...
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardreturn View Post
that first video is nice and thorough.

fantastic resource you're making here.

very much looking forward to the bot comparison video!
- Thanks Ian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbanzai123 View Post
Great video TJ! I can't wait to see what's next. Keep them coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outsider4Life View Post
poor poor Grimlock (would never happen, King Grimlock would own). loved the video and all the detailed pictures. keep them coming this will help many people decide which ones to get, if not both.
- Thanks man! Glad you're digging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Great review and such a big task to undertake. I look forward to all the video comparisons.

Your pictures, as always, are a thing of sheer beauty.

Thank you for doing this.

I agree that TFC wins in the vehicle department but so far, without Giant in hand, I think Giant will take the rest. Being a taller Devastator is not enough to win this battle.
- Hey thanks man. You're a third party advocate and superfan, so it's awesome that you're supporting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.I.EDDIE View Post
great review TJD!...its hard for me to pick between the 12 which vehicle modes are my faves...though seeing Heavy Labor and Dump Truck side by side makes me really wish TFC had upscaled HL more...Giants waist looks much better than Hercs...

as for one of your gripes, it would be cool for MTs bulldozer and excavator to have working wheels, but honestly, IMO, they look the same being pushed around as TFCs wheeled versions since you cant see the wheels moving on them anyway...

what would be awesome (though admitedly impossible) is if all four had working treads...

...also whats intersting about your comparison TJD, is how almost exactly the same size the treads are between the four...it becomes even more apparent when adding the TFC-007 kit to Hercules...the treads get lost on his shoulders since the vehicle portions are so much more massive...on Giant, the treads are MUCH more apparent since the vehicle portions are smaller, yet the treads are the same size as the ones on Herc...definitely looking forward to that side-by-side compareo...
- With the lack of wheels, the main gripe comes from the fact that the treads are rigid, and when doing things like moving them on my backdrop leaves black scuffs. It's ridiculous and pisses me off.

-------------------------------

The bot mode video has been filmed, and will be processed/uploaded when I get home from work today (around 6pm cst). Look forward to sharing!
seali_me
The fact TFC took into account that each individual bots should be the same height was a necessary little touch. In comparison, MT just completely failed in that department. Also only 2 out 4 MT stumpicons actually look like constructicons. The weird placement of iconic accessories on MTs part just doesn't work as well. Trying to reason it as a "great update" or "classics update" is like trying to say that an updated wolverine with adamantium claws on his feet instead of the hands is just as awesome. You could have just made a custom devastator yourself in that sense.

Great photos and video can't wait for more.
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
The fact each TFC took into account that each individual bots should be the same height was a necessary little touch. In comparison, MT just completely failed in that department. Also only 2 out 4 MT stumpicons actually look like constructicons. The weird placement of iconic accessories on MTs part just doesn't work as well. Trying to reason it as a "great update" is like trying to say that an updated wolverine with adamantium claws on his toes is just as awesome. You could have just made a custom devastator yourself in that sense.
Wow... this is one of those rare posts where I disagree with every last word.
seali_me
Looks like we always do but that's just how it goes. I guess. Still great photos. I can clearly see each touch each company made.
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
Looks like we always do but that's just how it goes. I guess. Still great photos. I can clearly see each touch each company made.
It's hard, because you post opinions as fact, and that's where the perception that you're justifying your purchase of Herc. to yourself rather than giving realistic opinions comes from.

Thank you for the picture compliment.
seali_me
I'm not. Just posting my opinion on it. No one has to agree with me either. There's also no reason for me to justify anything let along my purchases. I want both in my display. Both have their pros and cons. Stumpy has a better looking Devastator mode than Herc. Herc just fails in the proportion department completely.

I also disagree with you on the alt mode department. I'm giving mine to MT.

I would laugh if I see someone say that Wolverine with adamantium feet claws is a great classic update. lol
thelastson82
Great review!

Even though I am team Giant 100%, I definatly think that TFC did a better job w/ the functionality of the alt-modes, HOWEVER, I also think that Maketoys did a better job w/ creating a more realistic/detailed alt-mode, which is big plus in my book.
Bountyan
The only thing I really like about Hercules over Giant is the customization of the parts like the guns, shovel, crane, Mixmaster's barrel, the visor, the face, etc. But I prefer Giant in pretty much every other way. The robot and combined modes look more dynamic when I see them posed. And the lack of ankle articulation on the Hercules bots really kills me.

For the vehicles alone, the TFC vehicles easily have better "features," like a longer crane, more articulated excavator arm, being able to roll, and so on, but the Maketoys ones look better as actual vehicles. I also find that the TFC ones have too much of a cluttered color scheme with the purple bits everywhere.
Transbot90210
Giant wins simply because of Neckbreakers black plow

Let's be honest, every group shot you see has NB hidden. Its a sea of Green and Purple and then that black...that stupid, thoughtless, no reason to be there, black!!!! argh
Hellbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
I'm not. Just posting my opinion on it. No one has to agree with me either. There's also no reason for me to justify anything let along my purchases. I want both in my display. Both have their pros and cons. Stumpy has a better looking Devastator mode than Herc. Herc just fails in the proportion department completely.

I also disagree with you on the alt mode department. I'm giving mine to MT.

I would laugh if I see someone say that Wolverine with adamantium feet claws is a great classic update. lol
Now I'm the one agreeing with you. What's going on?
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelastson82 View Post
Great review!

Even though I am team Giant 100%, I definatly think that TFC did a better job w/ the functionality of the alt-modes, HOWEVER, I also think that Maketoys did a better job w/ creating a more realistic/detailed alt-mode, which is big plus in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
The only thing I really like about Hercules over Giant is the customization of the parts like the guns, shovel, crane, Mixmaster's barrel, the visor, the face, etc. But I prefer Giant in pretty much every other way. The robot and combined modes look more dynamic when I see them posed. And the lack of ankle articulation on the Hercules bots really kills me.

For the vehicles alone, the TFC vehicles easily have better "features," like a longer crane, more articulated excavator arm, being able to roll, and so on, but the Maketoys ones look better as actual vehicles. I also find that the TFC ones have too much of a cluttered color scheme with the purple bits everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transbot90210 View Post
Giant wins simply because of Neckbreakers black plow

Let's be honest, every group shot you see has NB hidden. Its a sea of Green and Purple and then that black...that stupid, thoughtless, no reason to be there, black!!!! argh
Thanks guys for chiming in. Loving the variety of opinions here!
Bountyan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Draw View Post
I didn't see this mentioned, but you have MT Dump Truck's torso backwards in the pics.
Are you talking about the robot mode pics? Cause that's how he's normally transformed.
Fast_Draw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Are you talking about the robot mode pics? Cause that's how he's normally transformed.
Is it? I thought the grill went in the front and the screws in the back.

Damn. I just checked my box and you're right.

Sorry about that.
TJ Duckett
Just an fyi guys: You can delete your posts instead of editing them with something like, "oops" if you make a mistake. When you press edit, the delete button is right by the edit button.
Blitz.
I agree some people will think Giant has cooler alt modes but as a Giant fan I will say TFC clearly wins this round not beacuse of Giants parts forming being a pro or minus (I think its kinda cool) but beacuse of those features like the pistons that just give them the play value and detail

saying that I'm sure some 4th party will make those extra bits to retrofit to the giant team but of course at a high price
apooh812
Great job TJ! I agreed that TFC definitely won on the alt mode. The TFC alt mode just have alot of playability over Maketoys. However the price between could be a factor in this because since TFC cost more, I would expect more functionality and playability than the lesser cost of Maketoys.
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz. View Post
I agree some people will think Giant has cooler alt modes but as a Giant fan I will say TFC clearly wins this round not beacuse of Giants parts forming being a pro or minus (I think its kinda cool) but beacuse of those features like the pistons that just give them the play value and detail

saying that I'm sure some 4th party will make those extra bits to retrofit to the giant team but of course at a high price
4th party add ons would be great for the bot modes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apooh812 View Post
Great job TJ! I agreed that TFC definitely won on the alt mode. The TFC alt mode just have alot of playability over Maketoys. However the price between could be a factor in this because since TFC cost more, I would expect more functionality and playability than the lesser cost of Maketoys.
I dunno. I don't contribute dumb little stuff like "No wheels" to cost solely.
Valkysas
The wheels missing from two of Giant's components is absolutely horrible. There's no reason they couldnt have had pins and wheels on there. Minicons many times smaller than them have wheels in their treads. It's outright stupid that wheels weren't included.

I have to give vehicle modes to Giant. Hercules vehicle modes may have more play functions, but Giant's vehicles look much more convincing as vehicles, and they hide their robot mode parts extremely well, opposed to Hercules, where you can see the arms clear as day on quite a few figures, due to the odd color breakup, or the arms just being stuck on the outside of the vehicle (Structor). The only part not hidden extremely well on any of Giant's bots is Giant's head on Mobile Crane.

But for some, playability is more important, so I can kind of understand picking TFC in that situation. For me though, the "robots in disguise" thing has always been a key reason I love transformers, and I can't overlook it.

Part integration, I don't see how Hercules can win that. We have realistic generator trailers being towed behind two vehicles on Giant, and over on Hercules, we have one vehicle with a complete hand sticking out of it, and wings on another. The wings can be folded down (although they're still there), but that hand kills it. It's horrible, and not integrated well at all. For integration of the combiner parts, arguments in Hercules favor flat out don't make sense to me because of that hand. Mobile Crane having Giant's head on him isn't as bad, as it's at least disguised somewhat. It would only be comparable if the face wasn't hidden.
Sonscreen
TJ don't take this the wrong way but I'm so hot for you right now!

Seriously good job on the vehicle head to head comparison. I also prefer the TFC vehicles though I have to say Maketoys has the slightly better detailing (in my eyes). It was interesting to see that the not "Long Hauls" were the same size.
slugslinger2004
Thanks for doing this comparison! While I disagree with the outcome of your alt mode video, I can understand given how you factored playability into it. Maketoys Constructicons' vehicle modes look better overall, but the TFC's Constructicon vehicles are probably the better toys.

Imo the only Hercticon vehicles that look better are Dr. Crank and Exgraver.
Looks:
Heavy Labor vs. Dump Truck: Tie
Exgraver vs Excavator: Exgraver by a slim margin
Dr. Crank vs. Mobile Crane: Dr. Crank by a wide margin
Neckbreaker vs. Bulldozer: Bulldozer by alot
Mad Blender vs. Mixer: Mixer by a wide margin
Structor vs. Wheel Loader: Wheel Loader

Playability:
Heavy Labor vs. Dump Truck: Dump Truck due to ability to turn front axle
Exgraver vs Excavator: Exgraver again by a wide margin
Dr. Crank vs. Mobile Crane: Dr. Crank again by a wide margin
Neckbreaker vs. Bulldozer: Tie
Mad Blender vs. Mixer: Tie
Structor vs. Wheel Loader: Tie
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonscreen View Post
TJ don't take this the wrong way but I'm so hot for you right now!

Seriously good job on the vehicle head to head comparison. I also prefer the TFC vehicles though I have to say Maketoys has the slightly better detailing (in my eyes). It was interesting to see that the not "Long Hauls" were the same size.
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slugslinger2004 View Post
Thanks for doing this comparison! While I disagree with the outcome of your alt mode video, I can understand given how you factored playability into it. Maketoys Constructicons' vehicle modes look better overall, but the TFC's Constructicon vehicles are probably the better toys.

Imo the only Hercticon vehicles that look better are Dr. Crank and Exgraver.
Looks:
Heavy Labor vs. Dump Truck: Tie
Exgraver vs Excavator: Exgraver by a slim margin
Dr. Crank vs. Mobile Crane: Dr. Crank by a wide margin
Neckbreaker vs. Bulldozer: Bulldozer by alot
Mad Blender vs. Mixer: Mixer by a wide margin
Structor vs. Wheel Loader: Wheel Loader

Playability:
Heavy Labor vs. Dump Truck: Dump Truck due to ability to turn front axle
Exgraver vs Excavator: Exgraver again by a wide margin
Dr. Crank vs. Mobile Crane: Dr. Crank again by a wide margin
Neckbreaker vs. Bulldozer: Tie
Mad Blender vs. Mixer: Tie
Structor vs. Wheel Loader: Tie
I actually agree with your post completely, but I did have to factor playability into it for a large part due to the fact that, at the end of the day, they're toys. Yea, hardcore collectors may "treat" them like God's gift, or tiny idols, but they're still just toys. Like I said in the video, why buy a PVC statue of a car when you can just buy a toy model instead?
thelastson82
In regards to MT bulldozer and excavator not having wheels, I'm willing to bet that MT designed them without, or cut them out completely to reduce cost (less tooling?), thus making each set/bot a little cheaper yet still awesome; I seriously doubt that they were too lazy to incorporate them, or anything like that. I don't know any of this factually, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case.
daimchoc
Has anybody commented on Mixer's head... It seems a bit big compared to the others. I should be able to know for sure once I get my set by Wednesday.
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimchoc View Post
Has anybody commented on Mixer's head... It seems a bit big compared to the others. I should be able to know for sure once I get my set by Wednesday.
I don't have a comment on it, because I don't think it's big in terms of proportions at all. He's just longer and more slender in the waist than the other bots.
daimchoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ Duckett View Post
I don't have a comment on it, because I don't think it's big in terms of proportions at all. He's just longer and more slender in the waist than the other bots.
Cool. Can you kindly post a pic of the both sets of bots from the Tallest to the shortest, with possible height measurements. Thanks in advance and I can't wait for the bot comparison video.
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by daimchoc View Post
Cool. Can you kindly post a pic of the both sets of bots from the Tallest to the shortest, with possible height measurements. Thanks in advance and I can't wait for the bot comparison video.
Yea, that's fine. Glad you asked before I got home and put them into Gestalt.
Hellbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
The wheels missing from two of Giant's components is absolutely horrible. There's no reason they couldnt have had pins and wheels on there. Minicons many times smaller than them have wheels in their treads. It's outright stupid that wheels weren't included.

I have to give vehicle modes to Giant. Hercules vehicle modes may have more play functions, but Giant's vehicles look much more convincing as vehicles, and they hide their robot mode parts extremely well, opposed to Hercules, where you can see the arms clear as day on quite a few figures, due to the odd color breakup, or the arms just being stuck on the outside of the vehicle (Structor). The only part not hidden extremely well on any of Giant's bots is Giant's head on Mobile Crane.

But for some, playability is more important, so I can kind of understand picking TFC in that situation. For me though, the "robots in disguise" thing has always been a key reason I love transformers, and I can't overlook it.

Part integration, I don't see how Hercules can win that. We have realistic generator trailers being towed behind two vehicles on Giant, and over on Hercules, we have one vehicle with a complete hand sticking out of it, and wings on another. The wings can be folded down (although they're still there), but that hand kills it. It's horrible, and not integrated well at all. For integration of the combiner parts, arguments in Hercules favor flat out don't make sense to me because of that hand. Mobile Crane having Giant's head on him isn't as bad, as it's at least disguised somewhat. It would only be comparable if the face wasn't hidden.
Excellent post, and I completely agree.

The single biggest reason I am interest in Transformers is for the "robots in disguise" aspect. The Make Toys set has that in spades.

I won't argue about the functionality. TFC has the edge there. Then again, when people are paying almost double for Herc I would hope it has more features to offer.
TJ Duckett
Round 2 is processing! Should be uploaded within the next 2 hours!
mugen_prime
I absolutely understand and respect your opinion TJ, but for me personally aesthetic comes first. So I like the Giant alt modes FAR more. It WOULD be nice if Giant had a little more articulation in the scoop on Excavator and the blade on Bulldozer. Personally the lack of wheels on Excavator and Bulldozer doesn't bother me one bit. I don't sit around rolling them back and forth so it's no biggie to me. TFC Definitely did do better than Maketoys on the playability in alt mode, but the aesthetic of TFCs alt modes REALLY suffered IMHO.

And I 100% competely agree with Valkysas on this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
Part integration, I don't see how Hercules can win that. We have realistic generator trailers being towed behind two vehicles on Giant, and over on Hercules, we have one vehicle with a complete hand sticking out of it, and wings on another. The wings can be folded down (although they're still there), but that hand kills it. It's horrible, and not integrated well at all. For integration of the combiner parts, arguments in Hercules favor flat out don't make sense to me because of that hand. Mobile Crane having Giant's head on him isn't as bad, as it's at least disguised somewhat. It would only be comparable if the face wasn't hidden.
Giant and Hercules are equally parts-formers. That's the nature of being gestalts. You still have to pull Hercs hands off of vehicle or robot mode to put them on in combined mode, so it's really no different than the generator trailers. At least Giants forearms/hands turn into something functional for both alt and bot modes (generator trailers for alt and jackhammers or chemical tanks for Mixer in bot mode), whereas Hercs hands are always hands.
TJ Duckett
Honestly, I mentioned which one I liked better during the video, but really didn't take the bot mode integration into consideration when making the final determination, because I personally leave the gestalt parts off of everything when they're in alt. mode anyways. It's not huge for me.
mugen_prime
I will add that it's great that we have these two options. Some don't like Giant, and some don't like Herc. Neither is right or wrong, it's all just personal preference. So it's great that we can all get what we like one way or the other. Some like both and that's great too. It's nice to have options to choose from.
Fast_Draw
Yea. Everyone's got an opinion. A couple of my friends have Herc and while others have had issues with him, they haven't. My friends don't really play with them though. They transformed them once or twice and then left it in gestalt mode. Hercules was always too expensive for me to consider. Not because I don't have the money, but I just can't see myself spending over $600 on 1 toy unless it was a GI Joe complete USS Flagg. I liked the look of Giant, the price, and the value. For me Giant was just a better overall piece and easier for me to swallow price-wise.
Jacer
Bruticus and Giant look pretty cool together. I'm excited to see the Green version.

I'm still torn between the two. Herc is that giant Devy the fans wanted for years. Giant is cool too, feel more classics like for me. Cheaper too. I think I'm just gonna end up getting both. Giant with my Classics, Herc with my MP figs.
Tiller
Nice job so far TJ. You're remaining level headed and unbiased so far in the videos, but being honest with your opinion at the same time. Only thing I didn't like so far is that picture of TFC Mixmaster doesn't have show off the barrel guns, which is a significant part of the figure, for better or for worse.

Though I do think I like the playability of TFC's alt modes more, and I'm a Giant guy. I just dislike the bot modes too much to throw down double what I paid for Giant. Keep it up.
TJ Duckett
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugen_prime View Post
I will add that it's great that we have these two options. Some don't like Giant, and some don't like Herc. Neither is right or wrong, it's all just personal preference. So it's great that we can all get what we like one way or the other. Some like both and that's great too. It's nice to have options to choose from.
Definitely. Completely agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
Nice job so far TJ. You're remaining level headed and unbiased so far in the videos, but being honest with your opinion at the same time. Only thing I didn't like so far is that picture of TFC Mixmaster doesn't have show off the barrel guns, which is a significant part of the figure, for better or for worse.

Though I do think I like the playability of TFC's alt modes more, and I'm a Giant guy. I just dislike the bot modes too much to throw down double what I paid for Giant. Keep it up.
- On Madblender, I've got a pic of the barrel taken apart and turned into the gun pieces... what are you referring to?

- I hear you on being a Giant guy. Everyone has their preferences for sure, and there's no right and wrong to it. I definitely have my ups and downs on each, but wouldn't trade either for anything.
Tiller
Oh...I completely missed that picture the first time around. My bad. D: I like elements of them both, but I can only justify buying one...I mean, that's ~$1000 for 12 figures and shipping. The cheaper price point was a massive factor for me. I'll round up my comparison post I did before that other topic got locked since that was my full feelings on the whole Giant vs. Herc personal preference.

Watching second vid now.

Continue: TFC Toys Hercules Vs. Maketoys Comparison Reviews Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
TFSource.com