Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

New TFC Toys Reflector Prototype

Posted on 04-28-2012 at 01:45 PM by Shin Densetsu under 3rd Party Unlicensed
TFC-Toys-Reflector
TFC Toys has updated their Weibo page with a new photo of their reimagined, modernized Reflector prototype. It's been a while since we've seen any update on this, so click the thumbnail to see the latest image!
Views: 4,477 / Credit: The Dark Seeker of the 2005 Boards!
seali_me
Booooo! I can't see the parasite's face.
jerminator
I just saw that over on fb and "marked out." It's been so long, I forgot what their version even looked like.
TigerBlade
Dinobots please......
Timesynch
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
Booooo! I can't see the parasite's face.
Eh?
odeean
If by parasite you mean hero to thousands and genius who delivered the best transforming toy I own, then yes we can't see him.
Bruticus82
I think I have that watch...

I'll definitely grab these for the classics shelf.
Bountyan
Gonna stick with my PE Reflector
TFao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
Gonna stick with my PE Reflector
Agreed, but I'm still interested in seeing how the botmodes look.
Gundamben831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFao View Post
Agreed, but I'm still interested in seeing how the botmodes look.



http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...s-awesome.html
Incepticon
I'm all for a re-imagining ala Classics-verse figures, but the 1 big bot / 2 small bots thing just killed it for me.
TFao
Thanks man. Those look like old pics, but its the first time I've seen 'em.
TigerBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incepticon View Post
I'm all for a re-imagining ala Classics-verse figures, but the 1 big bot / 2 small bots thing just killed it for me.
Gotta agree with this, easy pass.
Doc Wheeljack
Looks interesting. It's really difficult for me to see the head sculpt in these pictures. That and the deco will play into whether I get these. Perfect Effect set the bar pretty high...
Roger Semerad
I love that reflector is real-life sized in alt-mode. It's verry true to the original concept, and those bots loke verry good. I hope there are enough people interested in this like me though. TFC might have made a mistake makeing them this size. They won't look right in a classics display, too big, and are too different from thier original look to work with masterpiece. I'm okay with displaying these on thier own, but a lot of people are not going to be.
Timesynch
Quote:
Originally Posted by odeean View Post
If by parasite you mean hero to thousands and genius who delivered the best transforming toy I own, then yes we can't see him.
Yeah, I don't get the hate either. This is a 3rd Party discussion thread. You don't go into these threads without knowing first what to expect. By that dude's reasoning, every 3P is a parasite, IP theft-wise. Unless he was trying to troll us.

I like TFC's stuff. Some of it doesn't make me 100% happy aesthetics-wise, but they make nice quality items and they address QC issues. Can't ask for more than that in a 3P (aside from low set-pricing for their imported products a la FP).

That said, these bots look nice and the camera mode is aces, but it doesn't scream G1 Reflector to me, which I guess is kind of the point. I do wonder how they'll fit into a mixed Classics/MP display size-wise.
G.I.EDDIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Semerad View Post
I love that reflector is real-life sized in alt-mode. It's verry true to the original concept, and those bots loke verry good. I hope there are enough people interested in this like me though. TFC might have made a mistake makeing them this size. They won't look right in a classics display, too big, and are too different from thier original look to work with masterpiece. I'm okay with displaying these on thier own, but a lot of people are not going to be.
Same here...if these are least classically colored, I'll display them in alt mode with all my photo albums regardless of how ridiculous the color scheme will be...
Megatron31
I'm still holding out for the retool of preceptor

Continue: New TFC Toys Reflector Prototype Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
TFSource.com