Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

MasterShooter Collectibles Shooter Masters: Test Shots!

Posted on 04-14-2012 at 04:09 PM by process under 3rd Party Unlicensed
ms-sm-1
3rd party accessory group MasterShooter Collectibles have revealed, via their Facebook page, what appear to be injection-molded samples of some of their upcoming Shooter Master line. These Targetmaster-like figures are small robots that turn into weapons for your Transformers figures to wield. Final figures will be fully cast in color.

Staff Note: This is an unofficial product not produced or endorsed by Hasbro or Takara/Tomy
Views: 3,295 / Credit: Sidecutter of the 2005 Boards!

Images for MasterShooter Collectibles Shooter Masters: Test Shots!

ms-sm-2
ms-sm-3
ms-sm-4
ms-sm-5
ms-sm-7
ORIO
So excited for these!
bkz
I can't wait for these to drop already.
Kuma Style
Oh wow! The posability on these is awesome!
Dinodigger97
Looks good so far.
Computer5
I like how it looks like the backpack seems removable
deaculpa
nice. ill be interested in these if theyre reasonably priced.
(famous last words).
Runamuck
These all look great. After seeing these pictures here, what would an accurate estimate of when they'll be released be? Anyone know? I have pre-orders at BBTS that say 2nd Quarter...but that's an accurate window there.
Billzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaculpa View Post
nice. ill be interested in these if theyre reasonably priced.
(famous last words).
They've already announced the price! Capturedprey has the four main ones (Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup and Scourge) for preorder for $40 and you get either a free mastershooter megatron or browning thrown in. Honestly not a bad deal. The other four come in two separate two-packs for $23 each. Not sure about shipping, but I believe captured prey ships from the US, and these guys can't be very heavy or big, so I can't imagine shipping will be too crazy.

I was on the fence about these, but they look better every time new shots come out. I think I'll probably at least grab the four-pack.
Sidecutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck View Post
These all look great. After seeing these pictures here, what would an accurate estimate of when they'll be released be? Anyone know? I have pre-orders at BBTS that say 2nd Quarter...but that's an accurate window there.
The reason we all have them listed as second quarter right now is because that's about as accurate as it can be. There's a lot of factors that go into the timeframe, including the schedule of the factory, the need for any revisions requiring new test shots be sent to the designer and changes made (and obviously every round of this adds another couple weeks at best), and how long it takes to handle packaging after the figures are finished.

MSC also wants to make sure these are the best they can possibly be, they're being very careful to take into account the lessons they learned the last time out (which were nothing major, but they don't want even those tiny concerns this time).
Runamuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
They've already announced the price! Capturedprey has the four main ones (Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup and Scourge) for preorder for $40 and you get either a free mastershooter megatron or browning thrown in. Honestly not a bad deal. The other four come in two separate two-packs for $23 each. Not sure about shipping, but I believe captured prey ships from the US, and these guys can't be very heavy or big, so I can't imagine shipping will be too crazy.

I was on the fence about these, but they look better every time new shots come out. I think I'll probably at least grab the four-pack.
Good prices, but payment up front deters me. :/ I will stick to BBTS orders, I guess.
Runamuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
The reason we all have them listed as second quarter right now is because that's about as accurate as it can be. There's a lot of factors that go into the timeframe, including the schedule of the factory, the need for any revisions requiring new test shots be sent to the designer and changes made (and obviously every round of this adds another couple weeks at best), and how long it takes to handle packaging after the figures are finished.

MSC also wants to make sure these are the best they can possibly be, they're being very careful to take into account the lessons they learned the last time out (which were nothing major, but they don't want even those tiny concerns this time).
Oh yeah...it's all good. I wasn't complaining about the time. I was just wondering, after seeing what stage they're at right now with these, if anyone could give a rough, closer estimate. But yeah, I realize there are a lot of factors involved.
caretaker27
Thease do look better than the renders and the previously released pics, but I do have one complaint. They made everyone except for night stick. I know we have plenty of has/tak repaints to choose from, but it just doesn't match the posability of the MSC versions. I am sure some wouldn't want to buy nightstick again, but I wish I had the option in order to have a full set of shooter masters that match up completely.
Snoopy Magnus
shipping for these guys from captured prey was about $5+. captured prey is quickly becoming one of my favorite tf web stores. their prices so far are really good. can't wait for them to offer artfire. but still, paying upfront does kinda hurt their preorder options.
ORIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billzilla View Post
They've already announced the price! Capturedprey has the four main ones (Hot Rod, Blurr, Kup and Scourge) for preorder for $40 and you get either a free mastershooter megatron or browning thrown in. Honestly not a bad deal. The other four come in two separate two-packs for $23 each. Not sure about shipping, but I believe captured prey ships from the US, and these guys can't be very heavy or big, so I can't imagine shipping will be too crazy.

I was on the fence about these, but they look better every time new shots come out. I think I'll probably at least grab the four-pack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runamuck View Post
Good prices, but payment up front deters me. :/ I will stick to BBTS orders, I guess.
Both stores each have their own exclusives too. BBTS has two three packs of the 3rd party equivalent to the G1 large Target masters and Captured Prey has Targetmasters for Quake and Spinister.

Have all of these on preorder between both stores
Insane Galvatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computer5 View Post
I like how it looks like the backpack seems removable
Not just removable, but can be held by the little robots to give them weapons as well!
Composite Ghost
These things make those overpriced repaint United Takara Microns look stupid.
lastczarnian
An idea for the 3rd parties....

Masterpiece scale targetmasters

just putting it out there.....
WuLongTi
I gotta say, compared with the stuff that Fakebusker83 does on shapeways... I'm really not very impressed with these.

That dude DESERVES to be front paged when he comes out with stuff just as much as any 3rd party manufacturer.


Bot mode by fakebusker83, on Flickr
Insane Galvatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by WuLongTi View Post
I gotta say, compared with the stuff that Fakebusker83 does on shapeways... I'm really not very impressed with these.

That dude DESERVES to be front paged when he comes out with stuff just as much as any 3rd party manufacturer.

*pic snip*
His stuff is nice, but in all fairness, you can print some crazy stuff that couldn't even be thought about mass producing. Steel molds have more limitations than Shapeways printing.
sunlink
looking good! I cant wait for these to come in!
kmoua7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
His stuff is nice, but in all fairness, you can print some crazy stuff that couldn't even be thought about mass producing. Steel molds have more limitations than Shapeways printing.
Yeah, Shapeways is cool but definitely not for everyone. I don't like that you have to paint them yourselves and the texture is not that great. Better suited for Radicons.
Thundershot
Holy crap! These look infinitely better than the renders... Sidecutter, if I decide to order the exclusives from you as well, can you combine the shipping with my other order?

Also, stupid question: are there any stores that have Needlenose's Nebulons or any of the Autobot double Targetmasters? They seem to be missing...
ORIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Holy crap! These look infinitely better than the renders... Sidecutter, if I decide to order the exclusives from you as well, can you combine the shipping with my other order?

Also, stupid question: are there any stores that have Needlenose's Nebulons or any of the Autobot double Targetmasters? They seem to be missing...
I've been looking but haven't seen any. I e-mailed TFsource but they won't be carrying their own exclusive. I wrote on MSC's Facebook wall awhile back about making some Targetmasters for Cybertron Quickmix and Landmine (Decent stand in Scoop?)
Sidecutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
Holy crap! These look infinitely better than the renders... Sidecutter, if I decide to order the exclusives from you as well, can you combine the shipping with my other order?

Also, stupid question: are there any stores that have Needlenose's Nebulons or any of the Autobot double Targetmasters? They seem to be missing...
If you need to do something like that, it can be set up, just drop me an e-mail using the contact form.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I've been looking but haven't seen any. I e-mailed TFsource but they won't be carrying their own exclusive. I wrote on MSC's Facebook wall awhile back about making some Targetmasters for Cybertron Quickmix and Landmine (Decent stand in Scoop?)
So far no one has asked for those as an exclusive, but they're certainly not out. I believe there may have been some discussion with TFCon for next year, but I don't know what the results of that might be. I might pick up something like that after the current round if the demand is enough to make the production of them work.
ORIO
That would be awesome Sidecutter! Make it happen!
brr-icy
these look great
Thundershot
They'd probably sell better if we had classics versions of those characters.. If the rumored Botcon Spinister happens, you should sell out of his Nebulons pretty quick.
nellie131
These are looking great!
Thundershot
After thinking about it, TFC should remold the Hercules Scrapper, Mixmaster, and Long Haul (can't remember all the TFC names) into Scoop, Quickmix, and Landfill... I'd buy em!
ORIO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
They'd probably sell better if we had classics versions of those characters.. If the rumored Botcon Spinister happens, you should sell out of his Nebulons pretty quick.
You're right. I think Quickmix works though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
After thinking about it, TFC should remold the Hercules Scrapper, Mixmaster, and Long Haul (can't remember all the TFC names) into Scoop, Quickmix, and Landfill... I'd buy em!
That's not a bad idea at all!
ang3l3s
I wanna order from captured prey but i don't want to pay up front for something that is coming out much later!
Sidecutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ang3l3s View Post
I wanna order from captured prey but i don't want to pay up front for something that is coming out much later!
I do understand the concern...unfortunately it would be very easy for me to be ruined by people not paying when the time comes, because we're stuck with accepting the stock, with very rare exceptions to that rule, even if more than half the orders never pay. And a LOT of people did that the last time it was tried. I just don't have the scale of cash flow that allows for that risk.

What I do offer, to help balance it, is a pre-order guarantee. You will get the item, and if for any reason I cannot provide it (because to be fair, there have been a very small number of times, less than five, where I have been shorted on stock of an item due to under-production) you will get a 100% refund of the order total. Obviously, that requires trust, but I would hope that my reputation here as an honest seller both as a shop and with personal pieces sold would provide a good basis for that.
CodeXCDM
How many distinct molds are there exactly again?
Sidecutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
How many distinct molds are there exactly again?
How do you want to define distinct mold? Because that's a very hard question to answer with these. There's at least two versions of every core body part (head, chest, back, hips/thighs, shins/feet, shoulers/upper arms, forearms) to choose from, which can be combined in a large variety of ways. On top of that, there are a large number of additional gun barrel choices and weapon parts, and I believe even some optional non-traditional weapon parts may be on the molds, so there are a LOT of possible unique combinations even before tossing color in.
CodeXCDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
How do you want to define distinct mold? Because that's a very hard question to answer with these. There's at least two versions of every core body part (head, chest, back, hips/thighs, shins/feet, shoulers/upper arms, forearms) to choose from, which can be combined in a large variety of ways. On top of that, there are a large number of additional gun barrel choices and weapon parts, and I believe even some optional non-traditional weapon parts may be on the molds, so there are a LOT of possible unique combinations even before tossing color in.
Well... I ordered the 4 pack, which are all different enough I suppose to consider "distinct" even though yes, there's two core bodies between them. Was just wondering if the 2 and 3 packs had any other variety, aside from the paint jobs of course.
Insane Galvatron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecutter View Post
How do you want to define distinct mold? Because that's a very hard question to answer with these. There's at least two versions of every core body part (head, chest, back, hips/thighs, shins/feet, shoulers/upper arms, forearms) to choose from, which can be combined in a large variety of ways. On top of that, there are a large number of additional gun barrel choices and weapon parts, and I believe even some optional non-traditional weapon parts may be on the molds, so there are a LOT of possible unique combinations even before tossing color in.
On top of that, the shoulders/upper arms and the shins/feet are reversible, giving the illusion of four versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
Well... I ordered the 4 pack, which are all different enough I suppose to consider "distinct" even though yes, there's two core bodies between them. Was just wondering if the 2 and 3 packs had any other variety, aside from the paint jobs of course.
Besides the builds being from different parts, they have the different barrels Sidecutter mentioned.
CodeXCDM
I see... thank you for the responses guys. Hope I can (eventually) grab the other batch of them at a later time... course since they're still preorder, might have the time/money by then. XD
OMEGAPRIME1983
I love the fact that the barrels of their weapons modes are ACTUALLY weapons FOR the lil guys. Always made me wonder why that never happened in the first place.. O.o
Tirade
So is Bolt Action going to be able to attach to the new Rodimus's engine?
Sidecutter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirade View Post
So is Bolt Action going to be able to attach to the new Rodimus's engine?
I believe there is an accessory with the Shooter Masters that plugs onto 5mm pegs and provides a 3mm hardpoint for the c-clip type connector, which would allow you to do this.
John ofthe Dead
So, does anybody have any good suggestions for modern re-appropriations into Targetmaster characters? Slugslinger is easy - just use Energon Slugslinger. But what about the rest? Triggerhappy, Misfire, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and SureShot? Maybe Universe Swerve for Pointblank?

Then the smaller TMs: Landfill, Quickmix, Scoop, Needlenose, Spinister, and Quake? Do we have good options to rename those? Maybe if you have Explorer & Munitioner, you could use the other two boxed set limbs for Quake and Spinister, but what else?

Maybe I'm too stuck in the old naming conventions/pairings, but I'd like to re-build the old Targetmaster teams with modern toys. So sue me.
Billzilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by John ofthe Dead View Post
So, does anybody have any good suggestions for modern re-appropriations into Targetmaster characters? Slugslinger is easy - just use Energon Slugslinger. But what about the rest? Triggerhappy, Misfire, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and SureShot? Maybe Universe Swerve for Pointblank?

Then the smaller TMs: Landfill, Quickmix, Scoop, Needlenose, Spinister, and Quake? Do we have good options to rename those? Maybe if you have Explorer & Munitioner, you could use the other two boxed set limbs for Quake and Spinister, but what else?

Maybe I'm too stuck in the old naming conventions/pairings, but I'd like to re-build the old Targetmaster teams with modern toys. So sue me.
TFC Hercules' Structor and Heavylabor would very much resemble Scoop and Landfill if they had a different paint job.
brr-icy
cybertron landmine makes a great scoop, maybe quickmix as himself? the one arm throws it off a little though
CodeXCDM
Quote:
Originally Posted by John ofthe Dead View Post
So, does anybody have any good suggestions for modern re-appropriations into Targetmaster characters? Slugslinger is easy - just use Energon Slugslinger. But what about the rest? Triggerhappy, Misfire, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and SureShot? Maybe Universe Swerve for Pointblank?

Then the smaller TMs: Landfill, Quickmix, Scoop, Needlenose, Spinister, and Quake? Do we have good options to rename those? Maybe if you have Explorer & Munitioner, you could use the other two boxed set limbs for Quake and Spinister, but what else?

Maybe I'm too stuck in the old naming conventions/pairings, but I'd like to re-build the old Targetmaster teams with modern toys. So sue me.



As brr-icy said, Cybertron Landmine is the ideal figure for an updated Scoop.
John ofthe Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeXCDM View Post
As brr-icy said, Cybertron Landmine is the ideal figure for an updated Scoop.
Ooh, good idea! Thanks!
bkz
Does anyone know if these will fit inside of any alternators/binaltech? If not any other figures that might?
IceConvoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John ofthe Dead View Post
So, does anybody have any good suggestions for modern re-appropriations into Targetmaster characters? Slugslinger is easy - just use Energon Slugslinger. But what about the rest? Triggerhappy, Misfire, Crosshairs, Pointblank, and SureShot? Maybe Universe Swerve for Pointblank?

Then the smaller TMs: Landfill, Quickmix, Scoop, Needlenose, Spinister, and Quake? Do we have good options to rename those? Maybe if you have Explorer & Munitioner, you could use the other two boxed set limbs for Quake and Spinister, but what else?

Maybe I'm too stuck in the old naming conventions/pairings, but I'd like to re-build the old Targetmaster teams with modern toys. So sue me.
I've seen Universe Dirge (redeco of Cybertron Starscream) customized into Triggerhappy in Radicons. I've been considering Energon Cliffjumper for Sureshot. His alt mode fits perfectly I think, not so much his robot mode but I think it could work. He'd need plenty of paint though. Still at a loss for much of the rest.
Hothouse Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by John ofthe Dead View Post
Yadda, yadda, yadda... Quake...

Maybe I'm too stuck in the old naming conventions/pairings, but I'd like to re-build the old Targetmaster teams with modern toys. So sue me.
Anyone have a good alternative to Quake for his master-shooter two-pack that would fit into a Classics lineup? Wracked my brain and came up with nothing...
Scaleface
Quickmix - Cybertron Quickmix




Landfill - RiD Heavy Load




Quake - ROTF Blast Off


Continue: MasterShooter Collectibles Shooter Masters: Test Shots! Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Captured Prey