Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Dr. Wu DW-P06 Partners

Posted on 04-14-2012 at 10:27 PM by ORIO under 3rd Party Unlicensed
partners1
Images of a new 3rd party set from Dr. Wu have surfaced on ACToys. This time, it's color images of their DW-P06 Partners set. This set, which looks like it will be a two pack, comes with two yellow hard hat workers intended to be in scale with Masterpiece 10 Convoy. These two figures look an awful lot like Generation 1 Spike and Sparkplug. Hopefully a Chip Chase is on the way!

Check out the images after the break.
Views: 4,724 / Credit: wingsaber86 of the 2005 Boards!

Images for Dr. Wu DW-P06 Partners

partners2
partners3
partners4
Bountyan
When I saw the title I thought it would be some add-on for Prime Arcee haha.
wingsaber86
Btw, the only innovation I se here is the helmet, nothing more.. :\
brr-icy
hmm, this is highly dependent on price, but it's the first dr wu product i'm interested in
MegaHavok
Is he supposed to be bigger???
llamatron
Would kill for a troop builder pack of yellow hardhat dudes.
Wyvern
I want a Chip Chase..
Obsidian X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
I want a Chip Chase..
Break the legs on the Spike fig and paint some glasses on him.
deaculpa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian X View Post
Break the legs on the Spike fig and paint some glasses on him.
Haha. You wrong.
Tekkaman Blade
Actually I think Carly would be a bigger seller.
supervir2
i'll be curious to see this painted
bradforj
The Modern Era GI Joe line has spoiled me. I no longer buy any figure that has primitive articulation. Nice try, though!

Hey Hasbro, if you want a shot at cutting into the 3rd party money machine, how about using the M.E. GI Joe style to bring us characters like Carly, Spike, Sparkplug, Dr. Arkeville, Old Snake, Marissa Fairborne, etc.? Those would have HUGE crossover appeal. Remember the hard-on people had for SDCC Starscream? That was like toy-collector Viagra!
Robogeek28
Why the need for another Spike?
brr-icy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradforj View Post
The Modern Era GI Joe line has spoiled me. I no longer buy any figure that has primitive articulation. Nice try, though!

Hey Hasbro, if you want a shot at cutting into the 3rd party money machine, how about using the M.E. GI Joe style to bring us characters like Carly, Spike, Sparkplug, Dr. Arkeville, Old Snake, Marissa Fairborne, etc.? Those would have HUGE crossover appeal. Remember the hard-on people had for SDCC Starscream? That was like toy-collector Viagra!
You realize these are less that an inch tall right?
Timesynch
Interesting. Throw in a Sparkplug and you might get a sale from me.
bradforj
Quote:
Originally Posted by brr-icy View Post
You realize these are less that an inch tall right?
Yeah I got started on my dislike of primitive pin-jointed figures, which led me to Modern Era GI Joe. I understand the scales are different, yet I still think these would be better if they were ball-jointed. As for my comments about Hasbro dropping the ball (again), I stand by that. Just look at the fandom's response to the Wonderfest Hi-Q and Minerva figures! They could make a nice dent in 3rd party appeal by selling figures like that on hasbrotoyshop.com.
theestampede
I definitely want this, depends on the price and all that. Hope the US version of Prime with spike, so sparkplug wont be alone. I wouldn't mind having the whole cast
Wyvern
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradforj View Post
Yeah I got started on my dislike of primitive pin-jointed figures, which led me to Modern Era GI Joe. I understand the scales are different, yet I still think these would be better if they were ball-jointed. As for my comments about Hasbro dropping the ball (again), I stand by that. Just look at the fandom's response to the Wonderfest Hi-Q and Minerva figures! They could make a nice dent in 3rd party appeal by selling figures like that on hasbrotoyshop.com.
I don't know... GI Joe sized Transformers human characters. What would one do with them?
RedAlert Rescue
I was expecting it to be Sparkplug - but he need a beergut me thinks to be useful for that.
deathsheadII
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradforj View Post
The Modern Era GI Joe line has spoiled me. I no longer buy any figure that has primitive articulation. Nice try, though!

Hey Hasbro, if you want a shot at cutting into the 3rd party money machine, how about using the M.E. GI Joe style to bring us characters like Carly, Spike, Sparkplug, Dr. Arkeville, Old Snake, Marissa Fairborne, etc.? Those would have HUGE crossover appeal. Remember the hard-on people had for SDCC Starscream? That was like toy-collector Viagra!

Or Josie Beller aka circuit breaker! i would buy that if it looked good ...but not gi joe sized as a bit too big to go with transformers
bradforj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyvern View Post
I don't know... GI Joe sized Transformers human characters. What would one do with them?
TF toys are all out of scale with one another anyway, so it's just never bothered me. I like the idea of TF human figures being in scale with GI Joe since there have been numerous crossovers between the franchises.
igniz1984
Meh. I would rather have a old snake minisized figure that could fit into mp seeker cockpits instead.


Get it on dr.wu!
justamaze
Cute. I like the pic, sitting with his arms backwards.
Insane Galvatron
Doesn't MP-10 already come with Spike? What's the point of releasing another one? Give us Sparkplug, and Chip Chase instead.
GAUGE
When I saw the title first thing I thought was.... Workers in Love.
BScorpinok75
Wonder what the price will be like?
shibamura_prime
If Carly and Dr. Arkeville are on the way, count me in.
unlikelyhero
Quote:
Originally Posted by llamatron View Post
Would kill for a troop builder pack of yellow hardhat dudes.
These look promising, at the right price and with an elbow joint these would be a must buy
Hyperoptic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
Give us Sparkplug, and Chip Chase instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shibamura_prime View Post
If Carly and Dr. Arkeville are on the way, count me in.
These please.
Timesynch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
Doesn't MP-10 already come with Spike? What's the point of releasing another one? Give us Sparkplug, and Chip Chase instead.
Some of us don't care for the play-dough-like faceless Spike thing that came with MP-10 Convoy.

Dr. Wu's Spike and Sparkplug look pretty darn cool! Definitely bought and can display them together with MP-10 (and have both sitting in the cab of his truck, or tooling around in Roller). Playability is a nice touch there.

That said, I really hope Dr. Wu works on poseable and articulated versions of Jack, Raph, and Miko from TF Prime. They don't have to necessarily scale correctly to the Deluxe and Voyager toys (it's not like there are Human Alliance versions of TFP toys anyway), as long as they look good. Would help those folks who never saw the Entertainment 2-pack of Deluxe Optimus and Megatron and thus never got the three PVC kids that came with. Or a Fowler and Silas. They'd be cool too.
CVprowl
cool idea. i dont have my mp-01 in hand right now (not till june) but would this work with that mp as well? how do you think they will look in a classics collection? classics in robot mode that is.
ssjkazer
yeah ill bite on this one

i wound love to get the kids for unicron triolgey
animated
and prime done like this

and the apes from beast wars and the vok
castdream475
These look kinda cool.
sh002
are those the size of human alliance figures?
llamatron
Way awesome, will buy for sure.
TigerBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Galvatron View Post
Doesn't MP-10 already come with Spike? What's the point of releasing another one? Give us Sparkplug, and Chip Chase instead.
You assume we all own/want MP10......

Those that don't this is a neat alternative.
wasp819
Shouldn't spike/sparkplug be in scale with the already existing head/target/power masters,
Maybe a tiny bit smaller cause of all the metal the masters ware,

Is anyone else interested in a gallen headmaster - same body type as the original with either a removable helmet showing off his trademark bowl hair cut from the g1 comics OR 2 interchangeable head, one with hair and one with helmet,
How cool would that be,
Might as well do a proper zarak as well while were at it, and bould slaphead duros - I can see potential,

Chipchase action figure would just be the coolest - complete with wheelchair and some kind of a computer accessorie,

I could totally see me collecting all the G1 head/target masters IF some one KOs fort Max and makes him same size as scorpinok,
Number one make it so,
edwardwang7623
I got this now ~~ From a friend who is China and also like Tf . Not bad at all ~
ang3l3s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timesynch View Post
Some of us don't care for the play-dough-like faceless Spike thing that came with MP-10 Convoy.

Dr. Wu's Spike and Sparkplug look pretty darn cool! Definitely bought and can display them together with MP-10 (and have both sitting in the cab of his truck, or tooling around in Roller). Playability is a nice touch there.

That said, I really hope Dr. Wu works on poseable and articulated versions of Jack, Raph, and Miko from TF Prime. They don't have to necessarily scale correctly to the Deluxe and Voyager toys (it's not like there are Human Alliance versions of TFP toys anyway), as long as they look good. Would help those folks who never saw the Entertainment 2-pack of Deluxe Optimus and Megatron and thus never got the three PVC kids that came with. Or a Fowler and Silas. They'd be cool too.

So agree with this, mind u i have the nycc and the ent pack but they are statues anyways.
YoungPrime
These's aren't new.

Now if the price is less than $10 then that would be news.
G1Jetfire
Impossible Toys already have a Spike and Sparkplug figure.G1-Scale Sparkplug & Spike Figure Set - Third Party Transforming Toys & Accessories ImpossibleToys.Com
They have stands helmets and wrenches but no knee or elbow articulation. They are adequate as G1 scale figures.
OptimusTimelord
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh002 View Post
are those the size of human alliance figures?
They aren't, but I'd be interested in some that were. To scale well with BT/Alts, MP-09 Hot Rod mode and (fingers crossed) MP-12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasp819 View Post
Shouldn't spike/sparkplug be in scale with the already existing head/target/power masters,
Maybe a tiny bit smaller cause of all the metal the masters ware,

Is anyone else interested in a gallen headmaster - same body type as the original with either a removable helmet showing off his trademark bowl hair cut from the g1 comics OR 2 interchangeable head, one with hair and one with helmet,
How cool would that be,
Might as well do a proper zarak as well while were at it, and bould slaphead duros - I can see potential,

Chipchase action figure would just be the coolest - complete with wheelchair and some kind of a computer accessorie,
At their original G1 scale I think such detail on Nebulan partners would be lost, but I would like to see it done at MP Rodimus' Offshoot size. Human characters like Chip, Archeville, Circuit Breaker, Blackrock etc at the same scale to display with MPs would definitely be a winner too. (yeah I know the MP seeker comes with a tiny cockpit figure and Prime with a tiny Spike, but these are wrong scale for a bot mode display IMO)
cylor
So what is the actual size of these two? Between one and two inches?
Yobuster
Kind of odd but actually kind of cool. But other than on MP-10, i guess these guys can't "fit" anywhere else.
The Crow
NEW PICS



















The Crow




The Crow
These pics sold me on these!
1984forever
That will definitely work. I've got six workmen all painted to look like Spike, but no one to pass for Sparkplug. Bought.

Continue: Dr. Wu DW-P06 Partners Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Tempting Collectibles for Transformers and Godzilla