Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

City Commander KO Differences Highlighted With Many Photos

Posted on 07-24-2009 at 10:21 AM by Deefuzz under 3rd Party Unlicensed
01
We have just been provided with a comprehensive set of photos which highlight the differences between the City Commander by FansProject and the recently reported knock-off.

Hopefully this will assist our readers when considering the purchase of a City Commander kit, so they can feel confident in knowing whether they are dealing with an original product or a knock off.
Views: 10,958 / Credit: prime13 of the 2005 Boards!

Images for City Commander KO Differences Highlighted With Many Photos

02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
The Bucket Kitten
I find it funny that their is a KO of an unofficial product.
Yamaotto
No difference.
They are all KO
sentinal prime
can someone please tell me where i can get a ko ultra magnus kit because who need the real one because it not like it going t go up in value becaus eit not made by hasbro companny or partners so i want a fake one badly so get me the fake any day and does anyone know where i can pick up one

sentinel prime over and out!!!!!!
Oracle_Aesir
Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal prime View Post
can someone please tell me where i can get a ko ultra magnus kit because who need the real one because it not like it going t go up in value becaus eit not made by hasbro companny or partners so i want a fake one badly so get me the fake any day and does anyone know where i can pick up one

sentinel prime over and out!!!!!!
the problem with it isnt that its not hasbro, its that its not made right, and wont connect together right

but regardless, it isnt an official item anyway, i'm not interested eitherway lol just expensive plastic clothes for ultra magnus
Oric
It does go up in value. Either way, it is a bit ironic that a knock off of a knock off is gaining such attention. Love the trailer set though.
project9
*sigh*

I love the fact that every time something about this is posted, people have to post their "it's not hasbro", "it's all fake" opinions. >=\ Tell me how this is *any* different than buying aftermarket upgrades to pimp out your car? Hmmm?

Nonetheless, it is funny that they're KOing an aftermarket/unlicensed toy. =) Just shows you there's a market for it.
Enigma2K2
he problem with it isnt that its not hasbro, its that its not made right, and wont connect together right

And that's pretty much the only problem I have with it.
toma
i don't really care if the original isn't a licensed product. it's not knocking off of any hasbro's original work, it just enhances it. when someone else takes their hard work and makes a cheap knockoff just to trick people into giving them money instead, that makes it wrong, regardless of whether or not it was made by hasbro or not.
Moroni Prime
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaotto View Post
No difference.
They are all KO
Are they now? Tell me then, Which official Takaratomy/Hasbro officially licensed product did FansProject KO from? Last I knew the FansProject kit was a fan dreamed, fan created item that was merely inspired by the overall design asthetic of the mold used as Generation 1 Ultra Magnus. Completely different design, completely different molds, completely different parts, completely different transformation. I could go on, but I'll stop by just saying, FansProjects Commander Armor kits are not KOs, although they may not have Hasbro/Takara's blessing, they are completely original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentinal prime View Post
can someone please tell me where i can get a ko ultra magnus kit because who need the real one because it not like it going t go up in value becaus eit not made by hasbro companny or partners so i want a fake one badly so get me the fake any day and does anyone know where i can pick up one

sentinel prime over and out!!!!!!
DrillBIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moroni Prime View Post
Are they now? Tell me then, Which official Takaratomy/Hasbro officially licensed product did FansProject KO from? Last I knew the FansProject kit was a fan dreamed, fan created item that was merely inspired by the overall design asthetic of the mold used as Generation 1 Ultra Magnus. Completely different design, completely different molds, completely different parts, completely different transformation. I could go on, but I'll stop by just saying, FansProjects Commander Armor kits are not KOs, although they may not have Hasbro/Takara's blessing, they are completely original.
What Yamaotto wants to tell us is
Humans are KO of their ancestors.
or
Humans are KO of their Creator.
EvaleSuperion
All the people who refer to the "original Fan Project" as a K.O. need to do some re-thinking.

If you follow that train of thought, then you will be calling all the Radicons who do heavy modifications K.O.s?

So Frenzy Rumble would be the greatest K.O. in TF history?

LOL!

Exactly, it doesn't make much sense now does it?
prime13
if you have nothing nice to type about a tf (or add on kit), type nothing at all
EvaleSuperion
Quote:
Originally Posted by prime13 View Post
if you have nothing nice to type about a tf (or add on kit), type nothing at all
QFT, if you feel that way you should start!

However, I don't feel that way~
Bgrngod
It's not a KO unless it's trying to be passed off as the thing it's copying. Pretty easy to understand.

Thanks for the guide. At first I figured this was good that people would get a chance to own a CC figure, but seeing the guide outlines all of the quality issues with the KO. They really went all out on screwing it up horribly.
Sye909
After taking hard looks at the little nuances of the city commander set up close,
Im really starting to appreciate the level of detail that went into that set : D !
Hasbro needs to start taking notes-
AND THOSE BOOTLEGGERS SHOULD BE ASHAMED >:C
Venksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
TFW2005 just received a nice comprehensive set of photos which highlight the differences between the City Commander KO and the FansProject release.

Check out all of the images by clicking here:
City Commander KO Differences Highlighted With Many Photos - Transformers News
Those photos are from FansProject themselves. They posted it earlier on their website. There was even a link in the other City Commander KO thread.
Dran0n
Well, I'll keep that in mind when buy the City Commander set.
primal-convoy
It would be ironic if the KO company actually REPLIED to customers' emails instead of doing what Fans Project do, which to completely ignore them.

Fans Project even ignore emails from vendors like Robot Kingdom, who actually buy product from Fans Project themselves.

I hope MORE KO's of Fans Project stuff come out...and get BETTER too.

Right now I have zero sympathy for FP whatsoever.
DrillBIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by primal-convoy View Post
It would be ironic if the KO company actually REPLIED to customers' emails instead of doing what Fans Project do, which to completely ignore them.

Fans Project even ignore emails from vendors like Robot Kingdom, who actually buy product from Fans Project themselves.

I hope MORE KO's of Fans Project stuff come out...and get BETTER too.

Right now I have zero sympathy for FP whatsoever.
Just to remind you that they TOO have a regular job and life to deal with in real time.
I don't think spending time repling every single fan mail will be a good idea for a small group like FP.
As for ignoring the emails from Robot Kingdom... To my understanding they are located in Hong Kong right? I guess they should be after TFClub rather then spending time going directly to FP.
reddragon162
I just got in both the KO City Commander set and the KO Shadow Commander set, and I must say that other than a few minor fit issues, there really is no difference. Remembering to be gentle with anything KO, high quality as it may be, will go a long way. The arms and shoulders constantly fall off, but the tactical application of small rare-earth magnets should solve the problem quite nicely. As for those looking to purchase either of these two, head on over to KOToys.com. Even though they haven't posted the City Commander yet (as of this posting) in the Upgrade section, they do currently have both in stock, just make sure to specify which one you want when you order.
Bgrngod
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon162 View Post
I just got in both the KO City Commander set and the KO Shadow Commander set, and I must say that other than a few minor fit issues, there really is no difference. Remembering to be gentle with anything KO, high quality as it may be, will go a long way. The arms and shoulders constantly fall off, but the tactical application of small rare-earth magnets should solve the problem quite nicely. As for those looking to purchase either of these two, head on over to KOToys.com. Even though they haven't posted the City Commander yet (as of this posting) in the Upgrade section, they do currently have both in stock, just make sure to specify which one you want when you order.
Dudebro....



You should consider taking this discussion to the toys forum instead of bumping old news threads.

Continue: City Commander KO Differences Highlighted With Many Photos Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Toy Arena