Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

BTS Toys Savage and Nightfang Combined Mode Images

Posted on 03-06-2012 at 03:16 PM by Sol Fury under 3rd Party Unlicensed
P2253306-2
Our sponsors TFSource have received some new images from BTS Toys of the upcoming Savage and Nightfang cassettes. These new images show BTS' not-Ravage and not-Ratbat in their combined forms - if you picked up the previous set of Minions, Tremor and Frequenzy, you can attach their piledrivers / guns to Savage, or combine Nightfang with one of the the robots to form a winged robot mode reminiscent of the last assortment of Action Masters. Savage also appears to be able to seat one of Tremor or Frequenzy on his back if you are so inclined.

Read on and check out the new images.
Views: 7,628 / Credit: Tm Tarantulas of the 2005 Boards!

Images for BTS Toys Savage and Nightfang Combined Mode Images

P2253304-2
P2253308-2
P2253309-2
P2253312-2
P2253314-2
P3063450
P3063451
P3063455
P3063458
Gundamben831
I got the minion set and these little guys are pretty awesome

TigerBlade
I need Frenzy and Rumble to pretty much complete my 'con set (bar any MP Shockeave making it ever in the future) and these guys have been tempting me.

Could you stand 'em next to an MP Seeker?
Gundamben831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBlade View Post
I need Frenzy and Rumble to pretty much complete my 'con set (bar any MP Shockeave making it ever in the future) and these guys have been tempting me.

Could you stand 'em next to an MP Seeker?
I wish I had one the best I can do is either size them next to my mp prime or some of the Hercules bots. But from what I can tell you they are the same size as the G1 bots and fit into any G1 cassette holder
TigerBlade
Ok thanks, might be a bit small for what I need then, I'll just have to be patient for the not MP variants.
Impactor1106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamben831 View Post
I got the minion set and these little guys are pretty awesome

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...1/DSCF1198.jpg
I agree - I love these guys - they only thing missing imho is some weapons, the kind that can attach to their back just like their G1 counterparts. I think that would improve there appearance even more. As soon as Ravage & Ratbat arrive, I'm putting the old G1 missiles on Ravage. Would love to see them make the rest of the cassettes, especially Lazerbeak and Buzzsaw.
TENIME_art
Can we get some pics for those of us who can't view Facebook?
seali_me
Both look like metrosexual versions of G1 F&R. The chest is such a turn off.
Gundamben831
Quote:
Originally Posted by TENIME_art View Post
Can we get some pics for those of us who can't view Facebook?












TENIME_art
Thanks!
daytimeninja
I honestly think these guys are fairly well put together, but after hearing such bad things about Sonicron, I'll pass.
Kaijumaster
oh man, did Rat Bat get nerfed from the design shots to make way some lame Combination feature? Pity.
Bountyan
The ideas for these are creative, but I'm not so sure about the execution.

I'd probably get behind these more if they did Autobot cassettes so I'd actually have a reason to buy them.
BlackJack21
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
Both look like metrosexual versions of G1 F&R. The chest is such a turn off.
The chest?!? What about them hips?!?
stilettoheels
Nasty
barfie
up-chuck
Transformed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack21 View Post
The chest?!? What about them hips?!?
^THIS! Those big birthing hips kill these guys for me
Rahvin
I like notRavage. I like notRatbat. I could see them used with a Soundwave reissue. I preordered them, in fact.

I do not like notRumble/Frenzy. At all. And the "combined modes" look absurd, like asinine afterthoughts cobbled together by the designer's child. Those aren't "modes." They're just stacking the toys on top of each other. Except for notRavage's "missiles," which look, well, terribad.

And of course Sonicron itself is awful, out-shined in virtually every way by a toy made in the early 1980s.
Chaosbringer
So... one on top of the other = combined mode???


heck, guess when i'm using the toilet i'm in combined mode and ejecting..
Omnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijumaster View Post
oh man, did Rat Bat get nerfed from the design shots to make way some lame Combination feature? Pity.
No, he wasn't. If you go back to look at the design for Nightfang, the only differences between the design and production pieces are:

1. The ears aren't separate.
2. There's only one foot, instead of two separate ones (the only real nerfing from design to production).
3. The production version is in color. People seem to be reacting based on some awesome imagined color scheme that they thought would be there.

So, the toy can't even be called nerfed, much less to make way for the combination feature.

Oh, BTW, I'm sure BTS would say "You're Welcome" for the Senator Ratbat figure, if you were one of the people buying the figs instead of ignorantly complaining about them.
dj_convoy II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bountyan View Post
The ideas for these are creative, but I'm not so sure about the execution.
Totally agreed.
Kaijumaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
No, he wasn't. If you go back to look at the design for Nightfang, the only differences between the design and production pieces are:

1. The ears aren't separate.
2. There's only one foot, instead of two separate ones (the only real nerfing from design to production).
3. The production version is in color. People seem to be reacting based on some awesome imagined color scheme that they thought would be there.

So, the toy can't even be called nerfed, much less to make way for the combination feature.

Oh, BTW, I'm sure BTS would say "You're Welcome" for the Senator Ratbat figure, if you were one of the people buying the figs instead of ignorantly complaining about them.
ok, that may have been overboard on my part, but that one foot thing was Instantly noticable to me.
Ra88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack21 View Post
The chest?!? What about them hips?!?
Or how about the ugly fists, overall weird style and lack of detail?
echotransformer
These are so odd I think they are cool
Shockblast2
BTS is iffy for me. I really like Sonicron from the moment I saw it. I heard about problems with it being loose and such, but I bought mine off of a member here used so it had the necessary mods before I opened the box. When I chose my Rumble and Frenzy from either BTS, United, or PE I went with PE. Mainly because the robot mode on the BTS versions are horrid. I like keeping the cassette mode, but those bot modes look blocky. And the faces are terrible. PE's bot modes are perfect. Yet I would have rather them be cassettes than guns. United's R&F are simply too large and weird looking. These guys should not be scouts.
I do like the Ravage and Ratbat versions from BTS. Their Ratbat is way better than PE's. PE's is really lame as the "wings" are stationary. I like Hasbro's Ravage better than this one though, so hopefully they will be sold seperate. If not, I might sell Ravage.
BTS, if you want to do something that hasn't been done, do Ramhorn and Steeljaw.
Bern
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamben831 View Post
I got the minion set and these little guys are pretty awesome

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...1/DSCF1198.jpg

I'm not sure if "pretty awesome" is an apt descriptor. While I appreciate the effort, the designs look awful. all of these, easy pass.
cobra zartan
Man these things are ugly, sonicron looks cool but these tapes are just ass.
BScorpinok75
These don't seem all that bad but considering the "gimmick" they chose for them why didn't they just make Duocons or Duobots instead?
Necro Prime
Thats...... Kinda creative isnt it?
Omnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijumaster View Post
ok, that may have been overboard on my part, but that one foot thing was Instantly noticable to me.
Yeah, it is an extraordinarily annoying flaw. I'm disappointed by it myself, but I view the positive aspects of the figure as enough to overlook it. Even enough to overlook the other figure that comes with it.

From everything that we can see about the production unit, that flaw doesn't come from the combining gimmick, though. It's just a flaw from BTS' lack of engineering expertise (as in, due to that rivet through the ankle, it looks like they underestimated what strength of plastic was needed to keep the figure together).
xanthax
I think I need that Ravage.
Gundamben831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
I'm not sure if "pretty awesome" is an apt descriptor. While I appreciate the effort, the designs look awful. all of these, easy pass.
being one who never got to own the original G1 pair of minions I really like how they did these. Its all a matter of opinion and personally if you don't like them then its how you feel I'm not bashing anyone for hating on these guys and I can see how some of you dislike certain features of them. I too wish they came with blasters that went on their backs to make them more G1 accurate, but I enjoy how they have nice articulation to them and the transformation is easy to do without too much stress on any of the parts.
Cadbane
The funnest part is superlink.
ang3l3s
Nah uh
SMOG
Sonicron is disappointing but sort of cool in his way (especially considering he's on clearance with a few online sellers). The Ravage and Ratbat homages are not bad really.

But the Rumble and Frenzy? Holy crap... they are really awkwardly designed. The whole aesthetic sense is completely off. Ugh.

zmog
PrimulArchangel
Those are some seriously sad looking toys.
TFao
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockblast2 View Post
BTS is iffy for me. I really like Sonicron from the moment I saw it. I heard about problems with it being loose and such, but I bought mine off of a member here used so it had the necessary mods before I opened the box. When I chose my Rumble and Frenzy from either BTS, United, or PE I went with PE. Mainly because the robot mode on the BTS versions are horrid. I like keeping the cassette mode, but those bot modes look blocky. And the faces are terrible. PE's bot modes are perfect. Yet I would have rather them be cassettes than guns. United's R&F are simply too large and weird looking. These guys should not be scouts.
I do like the Ravage and Ratbat versions from BTS. Their Ratbat is way better than PE's. PE's is really lame as the "wings" are stationary. I like Hasbro's Ravage better than this one though, so hopefully they will be sold seperate. If not, I might sell Ravage.
BTS, if you want to do something that hasn't been done, do Ramhorn and Steeljaw.
There was a pretty awesome proto pic of a 3rd party (I believe) Steeljaw floating around a while ago.

Found it.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1311461473.jpg
BlackJack21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnus View Post
I'm sure BTS would say "You're Welcome" for the Senator Ratbat figure, if you were one of the people buying the figs instead of ignorantly complaining about them.
I was JUST thinking that combined would make an awesome Senator Rabat representation. And though I ordered this set, I can't get past the hips to order the other.
Omnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack21 View Post
I was JUST thinking that combined would make an awesome Senator Rabat representation. And though I ordered this set, I can't get past the hips to order the other.
I'm pretty sure you're in the vast and overwhelming majority that can't get past the hips on the others. Somehow, I don't think these pictures will be getting more than a few other people interested in those guys, and that set of people will likely be waiting for those guys to be clearanced first.

I'm no mechanical engineer, but if I had been a part of BTS, there would have been no way I would have let the group go through with the design for Tremor and Frequenzy. I may not be able to think of how they could have solved the hip problem in their design, but I still would have told them to come up with a different hip design. They're just too off-putting for most people.
HAIL_KING_PRIME
they look a bit crap
Deonasis
Out of hot or not, these are a not. But I would like to see an offical poll.
SteelSeraphim
I'd rather have the United Frenzy and Rumble. I don't care much for the tape alt mode as long as I have A Frenzy and Rumble. The Ratbat is I may want, but I already enjoy the Ravage that came with Hound.. so.. maaaybe?

Continue: BTS Toys Savage and Nightfang Combined Mode Images Discussion on the 2005 Boards!

 
Big Bad Toy Store