|More Toy Info||
As the robot most commonly identified with Transformers, Optimus Prime's Generation 1 toy has been the victim of numerous knockoffs. One such knockoff replicates the original Generation 1 toy, but it can be easily spotted when you know what to look out for: |
- There is a gray border all around the toy on the knockoff. On the original, there is no gray border above the trailer.
- The "Formers" part of the logo is too far to the left - the letter "F" is halfway below the letter "A" on the original vintage version. The knockoff puts the "F" underneath the "R".
- The "Transformers from tractor trailer to robot with headquarters & back" text is located further to the left as well, and lacks the neat gridlines boxing out the text present on the original.
- Factory applied stickers, particularly the silver stripe on the cab and the blue and silver trailer decal, will either be missing entirely, or will have bumps near the Autobot symbol from hand application. There may also be an additional Autobot symbol on the cab which is absent from all official releases.
(The factory applied stickers will be found on separate sheets within the box if they are not applied, this includes the additional ones for the headquarters control panels)
- The red gradient fades to black approximately halfway up the box on the counterfeit rather than near to the top on the original.
- There will be a factory applied crease in the flap of the box which official versions will not have (or at least, they won't have an even straight line like a factory sample might).
- The two Ravages near the top of the battlescene artwork will be cut off.
- The fuel hose and its two parts will all be glued together as a single piece, rather than being three individual pieces like on the original.
- The red paint chips very easily.
Also released was the red footed variant, which can be identified in the same way. Some also have the blue eyes and blue window of the New Year's Convoy release, which is easy to identify as it was never made available in an English box and without the additional Action Master and Matrix chain.