|More Toy Info||
This counterfeit version of Hubcap is one of a number of replica Minibots made by Knock-off company Zhong Jin. It can be distinguished from the original by looking for the following signs: |
- Holepunch - for hanging card from store pegs - is centered. All the original Minibots had this offset toward the right.
- Packaging art is printed over the top of the image of the toy's vehicle mode. Genuine vintage pieces imposed the vehicle mode photo over the artwork.
- the vehicle mode photo appears to have been completely redone compared to the original.
- Bubble is too far from the edge of the packaging. Hubcap's original bubble's edge lined up with the edge of the packaging.
- Front of packaging lacks assortment information in the bottom right corner.
- The back of the packaging lacks the "Made in COUNTRY under license from Takara" text.
- There are also lots of general issues with the font and image placement, including the whole card seemingly being printed off-center.