Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

WTF @ TFW - 239 - February 15 2013

Reply Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
Long Live the New Flesh

Vangelus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Vangelus Send a message via AIM to Vangelus

It's Toy Fair 2013 time with Vangelus, Gogdog, and Seth Buzzard!

00:00:00 - Opening
00:01:02 - Intro
00:03:50 - TOY FAIR 2013!
Quote:
TFW2005 Coverage Of Hasbro New York Toy Fair 2013 Investor Event - Transformers News - TFW2005

TF Info From Hasbro Toy Fair 2013 Event - Transformers News - TFW2005

Loyal Subjects Transformers Items From Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005

Toy Fair 2013 Transformers and GI Joe Mimobots - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Bot Shots From Hasbro Toy Fair 2013 Event - Transformers News - TFW2005
Bot Shots Toy Fair 2013 Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Kre-O From Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005
One Last Story - Additional Kre-O Images from Toy Fair 2013! - Transformers News - TFW2005
Kre-O Micro Changers Waves 2 and 3 Toy Fair 2013 Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Kre-O Micro Changers Combiners Wave 2 Toy Fair 2013 Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Beast Hunters Kre-O Toy Fair 2013 Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Rescue Bots from Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005
Transformers Rescue Bots Toy Fair 2013 Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Platinum Edition Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Generations From Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005
Transformers Generations Toy Fair 2013 Legends Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Transformers Generations Toy Fair 2013 Deluxe Wave Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Transformers Generations Toy Fair 2013 Voyager Class Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Fall of Cybertron Metroplex Announced At Hasbro Toy Fair Event - Transformers News - TFW2005
Transformers Generations Toy Fair 2013 Metroplex Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Rumor - Metroplex Redeco into . . . Metrotitan? - Transformers News - TFW2005
Generations Sandstorm on the Way? - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Beast Hunters From Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005
Beast Hunters Ultimate Predaking and Optimus Prime Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Beast Hunters Cyberverse Toy Fair 2013 Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Beast Hunters Toy Fair 2013 Deluxe Figures Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005
Beast Hunters Toy Fair 2013 Voyager Class Official Images - Transformers News - TFW2005

Transformers Construct-Bots Toy Fair 2013 - Transformers News - TFW2005

Toy Fair 2013 Transformers Toy Information - Hasbro Press Releases Confirm More Upcoming Releases - Transformers News - TFW2005

Toy Fair 2013 - Pretty Transformers Pictures Redux - Transformers News - TFW2005
02:04:07 - Botcon Skywarp and Strika
02:22:21 - Intermission
02:23:43 - What We Got This Week
02:56;15 - What Mass Effect Babes We Got This Week
03:23:00 - Ending and Outro

Want to leave an audio listener question outside of Youtube or Private Messages? Call our WTF Hotline! These questions may be answered in recordings outside of numbered episodes, but feel free to mention your preference if it really matters to you.

That number is...
(318) 775-9830 or (318) 775-WTF0

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_T...ry_15_2013.mp3

I am Perfection Without Ego, and the Undisputed King Scalper. Bearer of the Superior Empathy, and the everlasting spirit of The Fuzzy's true purpose. You lose.
My Website and My Transformers-For-Sale Thread
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
Heat Guy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not enough...
News Credits: 19
Awesome, this makes the drive home better.
Heat Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
Taint of Primus
Collection Count: around 200
News Credits: 1
I've been wanting some of those IDW designs we're getting for awhile.
Especially the Bumblebee and Megatron. I'm happy we're getting them.

If you want an idea of how long it takes for them to make a toy based on the fandom's reaction look at Springer. That IS Nick Roche's Last Stand of the Wreckers Springer, and we're getting it how long after the actual book?
Granted, it probably took a while to find a good place to put him, but what I'm saying is you probably shouldn't expect many toys of current ongoing designs until after the next movie.

edit: Also, Listening to this podcast makes me feel like a crazy person.
I don't feel the cheaper plastic quality at all in the FOC stuff.
There certainly is less plastic, but what's there doesn't feel any different to me than what we've been getting,
and I have every mold so far except Grimlock and Starscream.

And overall I'm in Vangelus's camp about them. It's obvious that there's A LOT of cost-cutting, but the engineering/design talent and heart is still there.
I find it interesting to see what they can do with current restrictions. Although it's understandable that people are disappointed with it.
http://www.tfwiki.net - I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy.... All right, give me the bomb.
Silent_Magnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
Artist with a Temper
Collection Count: Est. 100+
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Magnus View Post

And overall I'm in Vangelus's camp about them. It's obvious that there's A LOT of cost-cutting, but the engineering/design talent and heart is still there.
I find it interesting to see what they can do with current restrictions.
I agree. I just do not understand the complaints people have sometimes. Like how Generations Jazz is hollow in the chest. Why are you even looking in there?
Visit me at My Twitter and my my deviantART page.
BlackHawkOmega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
Robot In Disguise
Enigma2K2's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: enough to finally be impressed with...
Doesn't all the talk of cost cutting kinda invalidate all the praise given to the movies for bringing so much money into the franchise?
Nuckin' Futs comment property of Enigma2K2
Copyright 2004 All rights reserved.

Enigma2K2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
Overseer of Weird
Collection Count: never counted
News Credits: 7
ON the Mass efeect topic

Kaiden deserved to die for being and annoying Whiner about everything shepard did
the Mass Effect 2 cast was Perfect even though and I Agree Jacob was bland.
Vega utter Pointless addition to cast in Mass Effect 3 never chose him as a squadmate

And Thane was freaking Awesome!

Xbox Live: Snafu Gundam / WiiU: SnafuGundam
excelhedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #7
Autobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Magnus View Post
I've been wanting some of those IDW designs we're getting for awhile.
Especially the Bumblebee and Megatron. I'm happy we're getting them.

If you want an idea of how long it takes for them to make a toy based on the fandom's reaction look at Springer. That IS Nick Roche's Last Stand of the Wreckers Springer, and we're getting it how long after the actual book?
Granted, it probably took a while to find a good place to put him, but what I'm saying is you probably shouldn't expect many toys of current ongoing designs until after the next movie.

edit: Also, Listening to this podcast makes me feel like a crazy person.
I don't feel the cheaper plastic quality at all in the FOC stuff.
There certainly is less plastic, but what's there doesn't feel any different to me than what we've been getting,
and I have every mold so far except Grimlock and Starscream.

I find it interesting to see what they can do with current restrictions. Although it's understandable that people are disappointed with it.
Ditto man. All that ranting about FoC Grimlock just made me throw my hands in the air. He's great in my opinion.
Burnout V4 - Free papercraft energon cubes made by me

Plan D Avalon- playing games and being dumb - Ode to my sister-in-law
Rexidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #8
Herald of Unicron
I haven't listened yet but I do have to say that Grimlock is extremely hollow and the plastic definitely feels cheaper than normal. It feels like paper.

That being said I still enjoy him quite a bit.
worldsgreatest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #9
Boy of Meat
I've read pretty much one thing from IDW, so I can't say I'm totally excited at any possibilities for the generations line.

However, Hasbro, you really ought to make a figure of a certain weapons expert. Bonus points if he has a bullet hole paint app on his head.
RayTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #10
Damn kids and your 3rd-P
Collection Count: Not enough to be impressive, but too many to claim I'm smart with money.
Man, the podcast became a real downer when they got to the Generations. I mean I'm not going to argue any of the points,(Cause that's always a futile effort when it comes to the podcasters.) but I actually started laughing out of just how depressing it got.

And I haven't even gotten to the Metroplex bit yet, so this should be interesting.

I do like that Vang is actually happy about the TFA Blitzwing face, after seeing a few people who are so mad about that being on the toy that they don't even want to buy it anymore. Even though you can give him a G1 face, the fact that the TFA face is there tants the figure somehow.
Paxtin is offline   Reply With Quote