Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

WTF @ TFW - Supplemental 38 - Talking Transforming Collections - Sept 12 2012

Reply Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
R.I.P. Buzzbeak

Collection Count: More then I need
News Credits: 3
It's fun when I get to listen to an episode and be entertained by something different Good job Vang.

XBL gamer tag:MegaBuzzard Twitter/SethBuzzard Facebook Check out my micro cast at Audio Boo
Seth Buzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 02:32 AM   #22
Just listened to this Supplemental. 3rd party toys are right up my alley right now. Especially post TFCon 2012 and the lack of Hasbro interests besides MP.

the knowledge coming out of the manufacturing process was really quite neat. The history of the manufactures and how they get started along with why they make the choices they do for mass retail is what sounds the greatest. I'd love to hear an interview from both Igear and Fansproject to see how their business runs and why one is more delayed than the other. Simply fascinating. The person running KOToys forum boards (GenZhao)(before the great hammer fell) seemed to be intimately interlinked with CHMS. And it was always interesting to hear him talk about the process of manufacturing and the heartache that a mold broken at the factory could cause and how it lead to delays. I really do miss those days.(and KOTOYS Forum)

I hope there will be more interviews in here over things like this. The podcast definitely got me to pledge.

Really think you guys should just do another supplemental or two on the whole concept of third party with the whole crew some time. Just pull 3P stuff off the shelves you accumulated over the last couple years and start talking about it. You all do that a small portion of the regular podcasts anyways.... but it is usually the part where I most listen in. Ell, If you could get a few of the 3P designers in for a voice interview with the crew, that'd be tits.
Don't like my opinion? Go opine yourself.

Sig size limit is 40 kb and 500x300 pixels -2005 Staff
Crimson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #23
TFW2005 Supporter
Shockwaved's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Somewhere between 120 & when I can't afford anymore
News Credits: 5
Just made a pledge.

This book sounds great

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: TheDeadpoolFTW | YouTube | Soundcloud

Quote:
The first rule of being a ninja is "do no harm". Unless you mean to do harm, then "do lots of harm!"
- Master Splinter
Shockwaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #24
Vehicon
Thank you for jumping on, guys!

Timing: Project closes September 30. After that I will assemble the book and plan for it to go to print the first or second week of November. If it is saddle-stitched then it should ship to backers in early December. If we reach the hardcover goal then it should ship in late December.
Philip Reed
www.battlegrip.com
Author and publisher of Transforming Collections, Transforming Expectations, and Transforming Conversations.
philipjreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #25
The Original Optimist!
Optimist_Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not too many, but not enough...
News Credits: 5
Send a message via AIM to Optimist_Prime Send a message via Skype™ to Optimist_Prime
Hey Phil. I just looked up your YouTube channel and saw that video of Toy Zone that you did. My fat ass probably wouldn't even fit in those isles, lol. I hope I get to make it there one day.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - G. Stanley Hall, Unsourced variant

My Stuff for Sale
My Feedback.
Optimist_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:09 AM   #26
Vehicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist_Prime View Post
Hey Phil. I just looked up your YouTube channel and saw that video of Toy Zone that you did. My fat ass probably wouldn't even fit in those isles, lol. I hope I get to make it there one day.
I love that store. I've got another trip to Hong Kong in the spring and totally plan to spend too much cash again.

The first trip to Hong Kong I bought a new suitcase while I was there JUST to carry back toys that I bought.

There's one shop I found on that first trip that I haven't been able to find again; some of those alleys become secret mazes.

I love Hong Kong.
Philip Reed
www.battlegrip.com
Author and publisher of Transforming Collections, Transforming Expectations, and Transforming Conversations.
Old 09-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #27
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
My sister lives in Hong Kong right now, I may have to send her down to this toy store, can you remind me where it is? Do they just have a little bit of everything?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #28
Vehicon
For an idea of what toy shopping in Hong Kong is like check this post I wrote for the company website:

Daily Illuminator: Toy Shopping In Hong Kong
Philip Reed
www.battlegrip.com
Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #29
Master of Crystalocution

Collection Count: Somewhere between not enough and too many.
News Credits: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Aaron
Little late to the game, but I just backed the project. Looks like a cool thing and I'm glad to be a part of it.

My Extra Life Donation Page
Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #30
Reply Dump Extraordinaire
Collection Count: Dude, who cares?
I saw that there was only about 3 days to go, and after listening to the podcast it seems like a really cool thing so I put in a pledge as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixbeast View Post
We're just not British enough to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
BLASPHEMER!!! May you burn in a pile of molten ABS plastic!!!
My DeviantArt
SideswipePrime is offline   Reply With Quote