Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

WTF Primetime - 31 - Grillmada - April 22 2012

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #1
Long Live the New Flesh

Vangelus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Vangelus Send a message via AIM to Vangelus

After a brief hiatus, Vangelus returns alongside Gogdog and Aaron to discuss both Grill and Armada to double-up on episode coverage right before Botcon 2012.

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_P...il_22_2012.mp3

I am Perfection Without Ego, and the Undisputed King Scalper. Bearer of the Superior Empathy, and the everlasting spirit of The Fuzzy's true purpose. You lose.
My Website and My Transformers-For-Sale Thread
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:02 AM   #2
pleasure model
I AM MEGATRON's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 50'ish..so many lost their lives
ha....my busted logic for the insecticons:

killing a lion running around with a gun is a hell of alot easier than killing a lion on top of you..

...other than that..Im gonna go with Gog's theory...

Plus...pretty sure that the starscream that was yelling in pain at the end was the original...screaming out from the pain of the clone getting killed in the face..

19.1Kb 244x500 pixels, check before you delete signatures.

junkion feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...-megatron.html
I AM MEGATRON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:50 AM   #3
TRU Commander
CNCBrawl56's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: From about 200 to 256
Send a message via AIM to CNCBrawl56
Armada reminded me of Animated so much cause of Starscream's little plan.

I have not listened in yet so idk what your guy's take on this but I am saddened that the Insecticons pretty much turned into cannon fodder and didn't do a whole lot in the episode except look cool with that giant swarm of them and probably give Vangelus a reason to army build them!
New episodes coming 2015!!! Stay tuned! Click photo to view

Geek Central Station Good Evening Charr Podcast
My Wants Thread Sell/Trade Thread Feedback Thread
CNCBrawl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
News Credits: 8
Phew! I was worrying for some time that you'd skip over Grill for being a clipshow and all.
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
Xaddion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #5
TFW2005 Supporter
News Credits: 31
Guys. The Insecticon didn't crash into a tree. Watch it in slow mo. One of them panicked because it saw the tree and wrecked into his buddy. The tree never even came close to them.

I likened it to the tie fighters in Empire Strikes Back, but it was more the one pilot in a New Hope panicking when he saw the falcon and crashing into his friend.

That doesn't explain the underpowered insecticon drones, but that tree never made contact with the insecticon.

"If he smiles, his precarious cranial architecture will collapse and he will die." - Misfire
Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #6
Logic's wayward son

Collection Count: Always too many. Never enough.
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to GogDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
Guys. The Insecticon didn't crash into a tree. Watch it in slow mo. One of them panicked because it saw the tree and wrecked into his buddy. The tree never even came close to them.

I likened it to the tie fighters in Empire Strikes Back, but it was more the one pilot in a New Hope panicking when he saw the falcon and crashing into his friend.

That doesn't explain the underpowered insecticon drones, but that tree never made contact with the insecticon.
That's even WORSE. At least if they were flying quickly they could get confused by an unknown envornment. Just running into each other is even more inexcusable.

**My Flickr Page of Mostly Toy Photography**
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFactor View Post
Swindle stole my money, Minerva stole my heart.
GogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
TFW2005 Supporter
Heheh. From the way the shot was edited, we see the action from their point of view. He is shooting at Arcee and you see the shadow of the tree coming up fast, so he didn't realize it was coming because their aim is based on the horn on their head, so they have to look down if they intend to shoot down. Then he looks up and brakes to avoid the tree, but his buddy rear-ends him.

"If he smiles, his precarious cranial architecture will collapse and he will die." - Misfire
Old 04-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
Logic's wayward son

Collection Count: Always too many. Never enough.
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to GogDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl View Post
Heheh. From the way the shot was edited, we see the action from their point of view. He is shooting at Arcee and you see the shadow of the tree coming up fast, so he didn't realize it was coming because their aim is based on the horn on their head, so they have to look down if they intend to shoot down. Then he looks up and brakes to avoid the tree, but his buddy rear-ends him.
Thanks to you, Prime Botannica no longer exists.

Who's side are you on exactly, huh buddy?

**My Flickr Page of Mostly Toy Photography**
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFactor View Post
Swindle stole my money, Minerva stole my heart.
GogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #9
TFW2005 Supporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by GogDog View Post
Thanks to you, Prime Botannica no longer exists.

Who's side are you on exactly, huh buddy?
Well after hearing that suggestion in the podcast, I almost didn't want to throw off that possibility by bringing this up.

However, it's still possible that any "normal" tree would not have generated that kind of reaction by the insecticon, but when he realized that it was Botanica, he panicked a lot more, thus leading to his ultimate demise.

Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #10
Insecticon
30 minute mark right now, but I'll say that I'm personally fine with the whole Airachnid/Insecticon thing. Airachnid's fate was already foreshadowed in Grill and well, Law of Inverse Ninja.

Also, I'm wondering if the reason Airachnid's able to control the Insecticons was due to her experiments during the war. Maybe she snuck in fail safes or their cerebral algorithms or whatever were based on hers, thus they were "of the same mind".
Turquoise Version

Forbidden Platypus Lingo
updatedude is offline   Reply With Quote