Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

WTF Primetime - 28 - Loose Cannons - March 27 2012

Reply Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #21
Logic's wayward son

Collection Count: Always too many. Never enough.
News Credits: 6
Send a message via AIM to GogDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberPrime View Post
I was listening to you guys ask the question "When was the last time Roadbuster was ever used in the fiction?" and the whole time you were talking about it I was sitting here going "DARK OF THE MOON!" over and over again waiting for you to remember that he was in the movie. When it never came up I was like great this will probably be my only chance to contribute to the "I'm surprised you didn't mention" jokes for the next episode.
Nah, it's fine, and you're technically right. I just try not to think about the movies.

**My Flickr Page of Mostly Toy Photography**
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomFactor View Post
Swindle stole my money, Minerva stole my heart.
GogDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:24 AM   #22
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by GogDog View Post
Nah, it's fine, and you're technically right. I just try not to think about the movies.
I can't say I blame you, the movies are the second worst Transformers incarnation. The first is Armada which is the one I try not to think about. Just for me personally the movies were actually my first introduction the the Wreckers sense I never read any of the comics.

Plus I have a HA and Deluxe Roadbuster sitting in vehicle mode by my TV. I wish I had a Target close by so I could get Leadfoot. He's the one I really wanted only because the number on his car is 42. I'm also a fan of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, not the movie version, so even though it's not a direct reference I just want the 42 car!
Power Rangers Stuff for sale or trade.

SaberPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 PM   #23
Long Live the New Flesh

Vangelus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Vangelus Send a message via AIM to Vangelus
I like DOTM Roadbuster but I also keep forgetting he has a name. I often think of him as Baseball Cap Robot Man.

I am Perfection Without Ego, and the Undisputed King Scalper. Bearer of the Superior Empathy, and the everlasting spirit of The Fuzzy's true purpose. You lose.
My Website and My Transformers-For-Sale Thread
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:10 PM   #24
Also known as SWCroni
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaberPrime View Post
I can't say I blame you, the movies are the second worst Transformers incarnation. The first is Armada which is the one I try not to think about.
Ahem, I think you mean the first is Energon. Armada actually had redeeming factors.
Roni134730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #25
Decepticon over-seer
News Credits: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GogDog View Post
Lol great podcast ^ ^ When do you think we'll get to hear the latest prime episode ? just started listening to these.
soundwave142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:28 AM   #26
The Big Daddy
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
That's right, you bettter not diss vocaloid, cause this rabid fanboy is gonna kick some ass at botcon if it happens again

you don't mess with my luka (and miku as well cause she's my second fave vocaloid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:43 AM   #27
Herald of Unicron
News Credits: 14
The animated Jet twins I believe where said to be made from a split spark in the pack in comic they came with. Not 100% sure.
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/wanted...cc-zarana.html
hupla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:00 AM   #28
Herald of Unicron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni134730 View Post
Ahem, I think you mean the first is Energon. Armada actually had redeeming factors.
Armada has NO redeeming factors. I can't watch any episode of that without pointing out at least 3 different continuity errors. That's just in the first season, it's like 6 continuity errors per episode in season 2 and 9 in season 3. I wish I could say I'm exaggerating but this is actually an understatement. Armada is completely unwatchable.

As bad as Armada is, I almost didn't even watch Energon because the entire time I'd be sitting there pointing out continuity errors. Then I came up with the only method for watching Energon that doesn't result in me complaining about every single continuity error. Ignore the fact that it's a sequel to Armada. As a stand alone series Energon is a good series. Cliffjumper and Downshift switch names from their toys but that's actually consistent for the entire series unlike Armada where characters are inconsistently and constantly in every single episode called by the wrong names.

What I mean by consistent is that Downshift and Cliffjumper's names were reversed in at all times in the series to the point where I just accepted that Cliffjumper was the one who looks like Wheeljack and Downshift was the dune buggy even though the toys say the opposite.

Inconsistently every episode meaning that within the same episode the same character could be called by 2 or 3 different names. Usually all of which are wrong. This would happen for the entire series were someone is always called by 2 or 3 different wrong names. Grindor and Sureshock would switch names back and forth. Most of the time it was Optimus Prime who never knew anyone's name but a few times the kids did it too. There's only one time in the entire series when Sparkplug's name is used correctly and Optimus Prime is not the one who says it, it's like right after Optimus calls him Leader-1 for the 10 millionth time and I believe in the same episode where Optimus dies. It's not just Mini-cons, full sized Transformers get called by the wrong name too. I think at one point it was so bad that Demolishor was called Cyclonus and then started speaking with Cyclonus' voice.

Energon never gets that bad... unless you take into account that they're part of the same continuity then it's worse. I try to forget that otherwise I'd never watch Energon in the first place. Cybertron is really easy to do that with because that was never intended to be part of the same continuity in the first place and Hasbro did very little to make it fit. So just ignore that extra scene they put in there and pretend Armada doesn't exist.

I just hope when Prime comes out with the episode Armada that it is just a generic title and not a reference to the series.
Power Rangers Stuff for sale or trade.

SaberPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:26 AM   #29
Formerly NC Bulkhead
News Credits: 3
For Aaron:

How to Pan Fry Fish - Guide to Pan Frying Fish Fillets
Sludge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:35 AM   #30
Complete Amateur
Collection Count: 18
Great podcast! Really enjoyed it!
Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff
TheosPrime is offline   Reply With Quote