Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

WTF @ Dark of the Moon - Alpha - July 8 2011

Reply Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
Long Live the New Flesh

Vangelus's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 24
Send a message via ICQ to Vangelus Send a message via AIM to Vangelus

Surprise! One more time, Vangelus tries to create some high-end Dark of the Moon discussion with a mystery group of panelists! So shift into ultra gear and join us one more time.

iTunes users - You can subscribe to and review the podcast here:
iTunes Store

Zune users - You can subscribe here:

zune://subscribe/?WTF@TFW=http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/external.php?type=rss2&forumids=404

The RSS feed which includes a media link for the m4a file is:

WTF @ TFW Transformers Podcast - TFW2005.com

And if you want an MP3 version, it's linked below:
http://www.tfw2005.net/podcast/WTF_T...uly_8_2011.mp3

I am Perfection Without Ego, and the Undisputed King Scalper. Bearer of the Superior Empathy, and the everlasting spirit of The Fuzzy's true purpose. You lose.
My Website and My Transformers-For-Sale Thread
Vangelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
The Big Daddy
Collection Count: 350
News Credits: 16
can't wait to listen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake_eyes1975 View Post
If we get married...think of the collection we would have bro...I mean..we ain't gotta fluid transfer...but think of the collection..
guard convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
Five. Dollar. Headband.
Collection Count: 1000+ I'm not going to count them all
News Credits: 6
Great! Thanks for 3 years of free entertainment!!! It was great.
TfAnimatedfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #4
Also known as SWCroni
My theories on why Sentinel didn't take the matrix: Optimus wasn't just offering him the matrix, he was offering him leadership of the Autobots(I'm kinda surprised you guys just seemed to skip over that detail), thus either he just didn't want to bother leading them(let Optimus deal with that crap while I prepare my evil plan) or more specifically he didn't want to worry about keeping the Autobots from fighting any Decepticons(his true allies) they might find.

Also, about the scene where the Autobots show themselves to be alive after having their ship blown up: Optimus wasn't saying "We hid so that the Cons could destroy Chicago to prove our point", he was saying "Hey, we're back! And I don't think your government's gonna be mad about it now that they know what's up."
Roni134730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #5
Multi-changer
Collection Count: not enough
News Credits: 1
re: sentinel refusing the matrix

throughout the film, I got the feeling that Sentinel honestly respected optimus, as a fellow Prime and whatnot. So when optimus offers the matrix and leadership of the autobots, sentinel refuses, as he believed optimus was not only more familiar with the current situation, but he respected him enough not to take away from him what optimus had had for eons now.

later on, sentinel reveals his betrayal, and his elitist jerk tendencies, offing ironhide (presumably, take out the strongest autobot, leaving them weaker and more susceptible to joining him...??? of course, he was a total jerk about it, negating that part), and running off with "his" pillars.
turn them on, bring the moon-cons to earth, and then he and optimus tussled. He had optimus at his mercy at least twice, holding either his rust-cannon or his sword to optimus' head, but then walked away saying something to the effect of "you're lucky I let you live. in time you'll understand."
which to me said, he didn't want to fight optimus, a fellow prime. he could care less about those 'normal' autobots (i.e. ironhide), but optimus, his protege, successor, and the only other prime alive, it seemed like originally he MIGHT have been trying to convince optimus to join his side (though iffy writing/execution may have muddled that).

of course, he gets the gov'ts to exile the autobots, and they get blowed up (I assume that to be more megatron's idea than sentinel's. they clearly disagreed on a great many things...), then everyone goes to chicago

autobots show up to save the day, start massacring the 'con army, and eventually shoot the control pillar down, finally getting sentinel fed up enough that, to hell with what sentinel would prefer, if optimus WANTS to die fighting him, that's what he'll get.

etc etc

boy that got tangent-y...
Shockwave1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:52 AM   #6
News Credits: 8
There's actually already a thread with the Optimus Prime chaotic evil thing: Optimus Prime alignment chart.
Bountyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
Mini-Con
On the topic of talking in vehicle mode, the only Autobots to do it are the twins in their ice cream truck form through their loudspeaker and Bumblebee with his radio (which barely counts). The only other talking in vehicle mode is in Cybertronian by the Decepticons.
zandergb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 AM   #8
Mini-Con
re: G1 parallels

In “Megatron's Master Plan, Parts 1 and 2” in season 2, the Decepticons trick the humans into banishing the Autobots from Earth and the rocket is destroyed, but the Autobots survive and return to save the Earth.
mvanh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #9
Collection Count: 60ish...
News Credits: 9
Dang I just finished the 3 hour one yesterday
PUSH (Pray Until Something Happens) you never know when something might happen
Ace Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 08:13 PM   #10
Reply Dump Extraordinaire
Collection Count: 32
oh man i am totally in the same boat as crasis, i too was completely un-spoiled, and i too thought that he was gonna be a huge hero, so i had the same reaction as both crasis and protoman, and i came home, looked at my leader, and thought those same thoughts, and the first time i saw the movie, i thought starscream said "kill" but the second time i saw it i made sure i listened very closely, and i heard "kick" and about the whole stuff in the movies being toys the motorcycle that mikeala is laying down on in rotf in the begining is the same as hftd brimstone
SideswipePrime is offline   Reply With Quote