Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The Team Fortress 2 Thread

Reply Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2011, 12:17 PM   #11
Comin' up OOOs!
Collection Count: Roughly 120 and swelling
News Credits: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to Opticron Primal
Quick question. I can't use a mouse and keyboard so I use a gamepad. The thing is when I toggled gamepad use in the options I can move with the left stick but I can't look around with the right.

Is it because I set some of the key commands to my gamepad before I noticed the gamepad use option?

My Sales Thread - My Feedback Thread
Opticron Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #12
Voices Slugslinger!
I exploded with happiness when I was informed about the recent free-uptate.
So I downloaded, obliterating half of my archives to clean up space for the download, even though I had to delete a shitload of things [Season 2 and 6 of House, Season 2 of Fringe, Hulk VS Wolverine, and countless, COUTNLESS photos], I downloaded.

Then, I was ready to play the game I was eager to play for since it came out.
It loaded, cool stuff, everything was gearing up to awesomeness, I click tutorial.

And then? AND THEN? AND MOTHERFUCKING THEN???? A. BUG. ONLY ONE MOTHERFUCKING BUG THAT RUINED MY GAME [some "out memory" bullshit that blocks me from even ENTERING in the game], and I can't fix or work around that bug, and he ALWAYS RETURNS.

Final result: I spend one day deleting archives [precious archives] to open space, spend a night donwloading it and now. I. CAN'T. PLAY.

My name is Overlord Balder, and I'm going to kill myself.
Cybertronian Civil War - Decepticon Chronicles (fanfic).
Overlord Balder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 01:55 PM   #13
Watch your step.
Collection Count: 100+ TFs, 20 Shinkis, 36 figma, 12 D-Arts, 22 MH, 9 Nendos(1KO), 18 S.H.Figuarts, 5 Revos
Send a message via AIM to PaladinVance Send a message via MSN to PaladinVance Send a message via Yahoo to PaladinVance Send a message via Skype™ to PaladinVance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opticron Primal View Post
Quick question. I can't use a mouse and keyboard so I use a gamepad. The thing is when I toggled gamepad use in the options I can move with the left stick but I can't look around with the right.

Is it because I set some of the key commands to my gamepad before I noticed the gamepad use option?
possibly, not trying to sound 'elitist' but I had the same problem, and figured, "Hell, I'll learn keyboard/mouse." What pad are you trying to use?

and are we dumping STEAM Ids? mine should be obvious
see here\/\/\/

3DS FC:1564-1886-8111 PSN XBL STEAM Twitter Tumblr LoL Stats Smite Stats YouTube MAL
Quote:
We get a time paradox, and Terra enters a lesbian relationship with her own mother to create herself.
PaladinVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 03:32 PM   #14
I don't know nothin'
Tiller's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not enough.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opticron Primal View Post

Odd. I've never tried the gamepad option but that sounds weird. I'd google the problem.

My steam ID is Tiller, but I go by variations of the name. It's currently Tillbro with a Coop avatar.

I encourage anyone new to stick to reading the official wiki and spend time in the training modes to get used to how the game works. You're going to be overwhelmed if you just jump into a game:

Main Page - Team Fortress Wiki

Quote:
How do I do this? I have had this game forever and loved since its orange box days and have always wanted some good tutorials on how to play better in it.
Coaching is one of the best things in this game. You basically sign up for having some other player be you're guide. They get into the same game you are playing and spectate you, and have command prompts to show you what to attack, where to go, and can chat with you and explain things. It's very nifty, though it needs improvements.

My Wants! / 2014 Sales Thread! / My Feedback!
Tiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #15
Retired Transformers Fan
Collection Count: Zero.
News Credits: 11
I'm assuming that because Team Fortress 2 went free, lots of people are signing up for Steam. Every time I try to register, I get this little message:

"Your account creation request failed, please try again later."

Click the sig to go to TFW2005's sister site, TokuNation, for all things Tokusatsu!
Nintendo Network ID: Eric322 / Steam ID: nintendoranger / 3DS Friend Code: 1435-4875-7021
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #16
Voices Slugslinger!
Alright, after one afternoon of complete and absolute failure, I came back to kindly ask if someone knows how to fix this bug? ["Out of Memory: Unable to load [something I don't remember]" was the designation of the bug].
Old 06-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
Watch your step.
Collection Count: 100+ TFs, 20 Shinkis, 36 figma, 12 D-Arts, 22 MH, 9 Nendos(1KO), 18 S.H.Figuarts, 5 Revos
Send a message via AIM to PaladinVance Send a message via MSN to PaladinVance Send a message via Yahoo to PaladinVance Send a message via Skype™ to PaladinVance
so, these "Strange" drops are new to the Update? haven't seen or heard of them before.

3DS FC:1564-1886-8111 PSN XBL STEAM Twitter Tumblr LoL Stats Smite Stats YouTube MAL
Quote:
We get a time paradox, and Terra enters a lesbian relationship with her own mother to create herself.
PaladinVance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:23 AM   #18
I don't know nothin'
Tiller's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Not enough.
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlord Balder View Post
Alright, after one afternoon of complete and absolute failure, I came back to kindly ask if someone knows how to fix this bug? ["Out of Memory: Unable to load [something I don't remember]" was the designation of the bug].
I'm going to ask for your computer specs first. It could possibly mean you don't have the memory to play TF2. If not, try reinstalling and see if that fixes the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaladinVance View Post
so, these "Strange" drops are new to the Update? haven't seen or heard of them before.
Strange Weapons are weapons that come out of the new crates when you open them with a key. They level up and change names as you get kills with them.

My Wants! / 2014 Sales Thread! / My Feedback!
Tiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 AM   #19
Comic Color-guy
Collection Count: nearly 300!
News Credits: 7
Send a message via AIM to Josh Send a message via MSN to Josh
think ill give this a download and check it out

cant beat free!
Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:18 AM   #20
Voices Slugslinger!
Quote:
I'm going to ask for your computer specs first. It could possibly mean you don't have the memory to play TF2. If not, try reinstalling and see if that fixes the issue.
It's a Windows, I'm not sure which version [XP, I think], but it's kinda old as it has that old "grey and blocky" design [instead of the blue/green one, with more circular shapes].

6 GB of free memory.