Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
THUGFORMER
Collection Count: Looking for someone to count for me, I have trouble after 10
News Credits: 1
Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaPrime View Post
I'm [going to] get some of these from bed bath and beyond. [These are] cheaper than at amazon, plus they take coupons!
Copco Non-Skid Cabinet Organizer - Bed Bath & Beyond
I have about six (6) of these! I use them in my Detolf cases, but, be warned: they have a VERY LOW rise, and the figures behind are barely lifted into sight. [However] they do fit perfectly in to the width of a Detolf shelf.

Painted Black:

Here's a [photo] of an empty one in [of] my Detolfs:

It will work out if you have different size classes displayed on them, Voyager, Deluxe, and Scout:

But since I was displaying mostly deluxe sized figs, I knew I had some work to do. Here's a pic with 2 figs of the same size class, the one behind is barely visible:

I purchased some Black Paint (Krylon Fusion), Some Styrofoam all from Wal*mart.

Cut 2 pieces the same width and depth of the stair, and painted them black to blend in, (also cut a piece to prop up Grimlock unpainted to show difference). The white Styrofoam was from a TFSOURCE shipment:

Styrofoam is so versatile, and so customizable for displays [that] I have it all throughout my displays! Windcharger was pushing Ironhide out of the display, and the glass doors wouldn't close.
So I cut a piece out to slide him into, and voila! All is groovy now! (I just need to paint white Styrofoam black):

The total cost is about $12.50/ea., if you do two (2) of these styled risers. Compared to getting customized acrylic risers for $30+, it's quite the deal.]

[I hope] this can help anyone trying to use these in there displays. Feel free to contact at me if you have any questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dawg
just watch out spraying the white Styrofoam with spray paint- the alcohol will melt it!
[Yeah I] should of mentioned, [spray with] a couple of light coats, and spray from a distance, or (as Big Dawg said), it will melt like cotton candy and water!
Attached Thumbnails
Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-img_20120822_202643.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-img_20120822_203926.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-img_20120822_204125.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-img_20120822_204324.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-img_20120823_124719.jpg  

Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-img_20120823_124743.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-layers.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-season1classicbots.jpg   Custom Risers for IKEA Detolf Shelves-thecut.jpg  
Bay Area Collectors Meet Up, October 5th 2013
My Feedback Thread
MY CLASSICS COLLECTION *PEW PEW*

Last edited by Superquad7; 08-24-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Closed Thread