Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Mr. fixit
roaddemon2001's Ebay Auctions
While working on a Tracks reshell, I thought I’d show you what I did to remove the windshield, and how I fit my Corvette.

It's easy stuff.

Take off the windshield to fit the body. At the top of the windshield are two plastic tabs at the hinges. Cut them off with a Dremel or X-Acto knife. The shield rises to expose the screws. There is no real harm to Tracks or Wheeljack:

Personally, I don't understand why they limited the movement of the shield. Now it’s open to mod under it if you want. You know "guts of the mid-section. Besides , I’m accident prone. Probably would run my driver into my hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransRavak25 View Post
Why would you want to remove the windshield?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorstorm
He said it's for a reshell project, so it's going to be removed and replaced with something else.

Thanks for sharing, I couldn't work out how the heck to get to those screws when making Road Rage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonman
I had to do this for the Battlecharger project I did. I don't know why Hasbro/TakaraTomy would limit the movement of the roof, but they did. Definitely, [this is] a must have tutorial for anyone who wants to work with this mold. Good luck with the re-shell! I'm doing the same!
(Here is a link to the reshell project in question: rts tracks reshell ~Superquad7)
Attached Thumbnails
RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-windshield-up.jpg   RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-remove-both-sides-2.jpg   RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-cut-1.jpg   RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-raise-shield.jpg   RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-fit-new-body.jpg  

RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-fit-new-body-2.jpg   RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-100_0193.jpg   RtS Turbo Tracks/ Generations Wheeljack Windshield Removal-windshield-remains.jpg  
Closed Thread