Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2011, 02:23 PM   #1
Comin' up OOOs!
Collection Count: Roughly 120 and swelling
News Credits: 5
Send a message via Skype™ to Opticron Primal
One of the main issues most people have with the MechTech weapons is that the deluxe class weaponry contain springs and can't lock in place like the voyager and leader class [weapons] can. Luckily, all you need is a Philips or flat-head screwdriver with a really small head, and you can fix them easily. If anyone remembers the arm fix for 2007 leader Megatron, then this'll be a piece of cake.

We'll use Crankcase's Claw Cannon as an example. Here's what it would look like without any modifications. [Itís] stuck in the first position [as] if the trigger isn't held:

Now let's take a look at the gun itself. To modify it, you'll need to unscrew the two screws on one side of the gun (highlighted in yellow for your convenience):

Once you have the screws out and the cover off, all you have to do is remove the spring inside (the yellow square indicates the spring's location before removal):

After you put everything back together and put the screws back, you're pretty much done! Now, when you pull the trigger on the gun and deploy its secondary mode, it'll stay in that mode until you pull the trigger back to its original position - short, sweet and to the point. I did the same thing to Roadbuster and Skids' weapons, so it can be done for all of them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomiku View Post
This worked perfectly on the Crankcase I just picked up. I did it to Roadbuster too, but now it's floppy and won't stay in either position. I'll have to go after it with the nail polish later. Still, thanks - this is awesome.
Mine is slightly loose in chainsaw mode, but has no problem staying in place. Make sure when you do this that you screw the screws in as tight as [possible]. The tighter the screw [is] the sturdier the weapon will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPete
I sat around the other day, pondering over why you can't lock the deluxe Mechtech weapons modes like you can with the voyager and leader class weapons, so I opened one up and saw an instant fix that I thought I'd share with you!

Sorry about the crappy focus in the video . . . . I made it on a whim, and it's my first ever video of this kind.

Also, I actually say "feather" instead of "spring" at one point. That's because those are called the same in my native language of Swedish!
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_hank
Yeah man, it's actually a very easy modification:

Holding the MechTech in EXTENDED position, drill a small hole from the back all the way through and into the gray trigger part:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/attach...1&d=1309841810

Now, simply glue a small length of brass rod into the gray part, allowing some to remain sticking out:

Now, when you pull the trigger back, it acts like a peg and hole to lock the weapon in the extended position:

Literally easy as 1-2-3!
Attached Thumbnails
Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-100_1607.jpg   Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-100_1608.jpg   Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-100_1609.jpg   Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-100_1610.jpg   Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-tutorial2.png  

Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-p6136954.jpg   Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-p6136953.jpg   Fixing Deluxe MechTech Weapons-p6136956.jpg  

My Sales Thread - My Feedback Thread

Last edited by Superquad7; 07-05-2011 at 12:04 AM..
Closed Thread