Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #1
Omnibot
kiririth's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: A room full
IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!

Here's what I did to customize my IKEA Detolfs to get the most bang for my buck!

Shave the sides and put two (2) of them together - instant custom glass display case for around $140 each!

Here's pictures of how I put it together:

I sawed off the edge of the Detolf boards before putting them together:

I drilled holes and used mending plates, bolts, nuts, and washers to hold the two pieces:

Here's what the bottom side looks like:

. . . . and now, [I'm] putting in the frame for the Detolf:

Add the glass sides, doors, and top pieces!

Top bolted together just like the bottom pieces:

See how small the gap is now between the doors in the front? I can [now] barely stick my finger through, whereas I could fit my whole hand into the original frame [before]:

Now all of my Detolfs stacked side by side in pairs:

Here's a [photo] after I added all the mending plates to all my Detolfs and bolted down the Detolfs to the wall using shelf brackets:

. . . . and now my display room today!

Attached Thumbnails
IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5011.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5012.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5020.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5021.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5022.jpg  

IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5023.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5025.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5027.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5030.jpg   IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-2009-7-5071.jpg  

IKEA Detolfs: Customization Gets the Most Bang for Your Buck!-dsc_0001.jpg  
Junkion Exchange Feedback!!!
http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/162959-kiririth.html

Last edited by Superquad7; 05-13-2011 at 12:16 AM..
Closed Thread