|03-30-2011, 04:04 AM||#1|
We're only human.
Join Date: May 2003
Location: East TN
News Credits: 11
Poor Man's Flight Stand
Xcaliber037 posted this over at Toyark.com, and I thought you guys here would get a kick out of it!
"Hey guys. Just a quick, easy tip for displaying figures. All you need is a metal wire hanger:
a set a pliers (preferably with wire cutters):
a little elbow grease, and some paint if you'd like.
1. Take the hanger and cut off the curved head.
2. Bend the first holding prong to make the first half of the letter "C" that will hold your figure.
3. Bend the first boom arm.
4. Bend the elbow making a < sign.
5. Bend the base. You'll want to make a triangle out of the base for stability. Keep in mind that you want the figure to hang just forward of the center of the triangle for balance.
6. After your done with the base work your way back up twisting the metal around slightly to keep it together. You can actually bend it in such a way that the boom arm can create slight pressure on the figure later on.
7. Bend the last holding prong to finish the letter "C" that will hold your figure.
8. You can paint the Poor Man's Flight Stand to match your display background. You can also paint the holding prongs the figure's color. If your worried about scratching, a little sanding will round off the sharp edges from cutting of the hangers hook. You can also try heat shrink or those colored radio antenna heads.
Have fun and don't hurt your self!"
Last edited by Superquad7; 11-02-2012 at 04:18 AM..
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|New Trailer for Transformers Robots In Disguise|
|Toy Fair 2016 - Titans Return|
|First Glimpse of Combiner Wars Computron?|
|Promo art for Brainstorm, Sentinel Prime, and a new Windblade figure?|
|Masterpiece Ironhide New Images|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|Titans Return re-molds|
|Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread|
|Favorite Transformer of the day....................|
|Titan Returns Appreciation Thread|
|The Masterpiece Appreciation thread|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|X-Transbots Boost and Hatch (not MP Windcharger and Tailgate)|
|Fansproject Warbot Trianix Alpha (Diaclone Dia Battles)|
|FansToys FT-07 Stomp (Masterpiece Sludge)|
|Maketoys Hellfire - RM-03 (MP Inferno)|
|Any 3rd arty kits to use Fansproject Blastoff/Swindle compatible with CW Bruticus ?|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|TF Movie Broadside...|
|Gun Robo MC12 Walther P-38 Black Type- FINAL|
|FT Dinobots face sculpt|
|CW TRAILER for Prime/Motormaster (WIP)|
|Cw bruticus combat boots|