Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 10:17 AM   #1
Omnibot
Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification

I wanted to get rid of his huge chest flap. It works well as a back on [Side]swipe and Red Alert, but I thought it hung too low and hindered his waist articulation; also, it made it look like he had no waist.

Run a knife along the seam where the windshield meets the roof. Repeat this same process to the side windows, and to the underside. After a few minutes of light scoring, itís easily popped apart. Glue the windshield to the hood (where it attaches for car mode).

[IT] STILL TRANSFORMS PERFECTLY!

In my opinion, gives [this toy] a more G1 Sunstreaker look.

The end product, looks like this:

Since the two pieces are the same shape on the cut line, the windshield can be tucked under the roof/chest. It holds by friction - when you slide it in, it centers itself. Now, you have an even more "accurate" Sunstreaker!

AND YOU CAN STILL ATTACH HIS VENTS!

(In the project thread, a few notable things transpired through discussion. The results are posted here for further resourcing! ~Superquad7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deliciouspeter View Post
*snip*I'd love to see it in the "Sideswipe" configuration, with the windshield in the front to give a "Kup" sort of look for a new character.*snip*
Here you go:

KUPSTREAKER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking View Post
*snip*Have you given any thought about making a slide or hinge for the new two piece design? You know, something that holds it all together, but still would allow you to slide the windshield up and under like you have it there in the pictures.
I have, [and] there isnít much clearance. It would be possible to build a slide rail, but there's not much room to work with. Under the panel, the black swivel piece is a flat, black rectangle. It would be easy to make a corresponding female part which would slide along the black rectangle on the chest. Since the chest is already on a hinge, you could lift the chest and slide the window under.

I swapped out shoulders from Sunny with Red Alert and built tw0 (2) slide rails out of styrene.

WARNING! Donít use too much glue on inside of windshield, or this will happen:

Nothing a little paint wonít fix!

Extra steps in transformation:
1 - Start to bend legs back
2 - Slide windshield forward
3 - Raise the roof
4 - Slide windshield back
5 - Lower roof onto windshield

SUNSTREAKER

Lamborghini molds [are] now looking more and more different:

Attached Thumbnails
Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-img_2526.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunny1.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunny2.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunnynew.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunnykup-1.jpg  

Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunnydone1-1.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunnydonetf.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunnydone2.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-sunnydone4.jpg   Universe 2.0 Sunstreaker Windsheild Modification-27217990d1301255850-universe-sunstreaker-windsheild-mod-picasion.com_d5b9e4ad34509b9b980cef5d042.gif  

Sig pictures are to be no larger than 40KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide - 2005 Staff

Accepting Commissions

Last edited by Superquad7; 04-02-2011 at 01:56 AM..
Closed Thread