|03-18-2011, 01:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Hi guys! Here's a hand tutorial for you all. Just to show hands can be built from nearly anything, here's a handy (get it?) way to build hands for all your customs - they can be built bigger, in the same way, [but I] don't think I could go any smaller.
1. To start use a piece of treasel wood, cost £1,which is soft to cut, and scoring the wood into strips using a Stanley knife.
2. Then sand and cut into smaller sections - these will form finger tips and the middles part of the fingers:
Four (4) for the tips;
four (4) for the middle section;
one (1) tip which is slightly smaller
and a slightly smaller middle section too:
3. Using a Dremel gently sand each finger to shape the parts, and with the edge of the dremel blade make a slot on the finger tips. This will allow the middle sections to slot in (holes were then drilled).
4. To join the fingers, I used a nail (simply cut down); to stop the nail from coming out, I mixed up a bit of epoxy:
5. The palm of the hand have slots made and drilled from the side. [Using the] same principle [as above], a nail was pushed through to hold the fingers on. The thumb area was made different for both hands, so a pose can be different. Again, a slot was made for the thumb, a small hole drilled, a nail dropped in, and epoxyed to hold the thumb in place:
6.Once complete, I simply used car filler to tidy up the hand, and a piece of styrene was added to finish them of:
Heres a shot with leader class (movie 2007 Optimus) Prime's hands for comparison - the back of the hands have been left, [as] these can be drilled gently to fix in a ball joint etc.
Anyways, I hope this helps you all out!
All the best,
(Additional notes are following the discussion that took place after this was originally posted. The useful information can be found below! ~Superquad7)
This will work with anything, which is why i used wood to prove this. I think coloured perspex would be good, too.
The hands are a bit bigger than Masterpiece Optimus Prime hands (probably one and half times the size).
Last edited by Superquad7; 03-23-2011 at 01:02 AM..
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|Transmissions Podcast Titan Wars leaks/rumors|
|Takara MP 11T Thundercracker Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive|
|Canada TRU Masterpiece starscream info|
|Robots in Disguise Stomp & Chomp Grimlock Released at US Retail|
|MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|The UK Toy Discussion|
|Post your most recent TF purchase....|
|The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread|
|Are you getting Victorion?|
|MP Soundwave Issue|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|Mech Ideas Apex & Geminus - Third Party Unofficial Topspin and Twin Twist|
|Fans Toys FT-05 & FT-05T Soar (Swoop)|
|3P Masterpiece appreciation thread|
|Planet X PX-06 Vulcan (FoC Grimlock)|
|Toymecha masterpiece-scaled coneheads|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|WIP CW Groove for Alpha Matrix|
|CW Seekers Custom. Combined into Lord Starscream|
|A-6 intruder u.s. navy transformers|
|CW Fireflight and Dragstrip Upgrades|
|Extremely Enormous Extremities (Shapeways)|