|03-18-2011, 01:45 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jan 2009
Hi guys! Here's a hand tutorial for you all. Just to show hands can be built from nearly anything, here's a handy (get it?) way to build hands for all your customs - they can be built bigger, in the same way, [but I] don't think I could go any smaller.
1. To start use a piece of treasel wood, cost £1,which is soft to cut, and scoring the wood into strips using a Stanley knife.
2. Then sand and cut into smaller sections - these will form finger tips and the middles part of the fingers:
Four (4) for the tips;
four (4) for the middle section;
one (1) tip which is slightly smaller
and a slightly smaller middle section too:
3. Using a Dremel gently sand each finger to shape the parts, and with the edge of the dremel blade make a slot on the finger tips. This will allow the middle sections to slot in (holes were then drilled).
4. To join the fingers, I used a nail (simply cut down); to stop the nail from coming out, I mixed up a bit of epoxy:
5. The palm of the hand have slots made and drilled from the side. [Using the] same principle [as above], a nail was pushed through to hold the fingers on. The thumb area was made different for both hands, so a pose can be different. Again, a slot was made for the thumb, a small hole drilled, a nail dropped in, and epoxyed to hold the thumb in place:
6.Once complete, I simply used car filler to tidy up the hand, and a piece of styrene was added to finish them of:
Heres a shot with leader class (movie 2007 Optimus) Prime's hands for comparison - the back of the hands have been left, [as] these can be drilled gently to fix in a ball joint etc.
Anyways, I hope this helps you all out!
All the best,
(Additional notes are following the discussion that took place after this was originally posted. The useful information can be found below! ~Superquad7)
This will work with anything, which is why i used wood to prove this. I think coloured perspex would be good, too.
The hands are a bit bigger than Masterpiece Optimus Prime hands (probably one and half times the size).
Last edited by Superquad7; 03-23-2011 at 01:02 AM..
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|Unite Warriors EX Sky Reign|
|Titans Return Fortress Maximus - In-hand Images!|
|New stock photos of Titans Return Deluxe waves 1 and 2 in packaging|
|TFND Titans Returns Preview event|
|TFSS 4.0 Figure 1 now arriving!!!|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|Combiner Wars Appreciation Thread|
|The Masterpiece Appreciation thread|
|Can we get rid of the tiny bots?|
|Let's see some cool stuff *2016* TF Edition **Rules In First Post**|
|Movieverse Toys Appreciation Thread! EXPLOSIONS!!!|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|Fans Toys FT-04 Scoria (not-Slag)|
|KOs for MP-11SW Skywarp and MP11T Thundercracker|
|FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Masterpiece Grimlock)|
|MMC / Ocular Max Backdraft (Inferno)|
|Generation Toy Jazz / J4ZZ|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|Mid-Warp MP Shockwave|
|CW Warpath Mod|
|Triggerhappy and Blowpipe upgrade|