Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #1
Back In The Game!
Collection Count: Three Masterpieces
Send a message via MSN to Tigertrack
Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms

I've come up with a quick and easy way to fix loose arm joints on G1 seekers. Particularly, it seems that the e-Hobby Starscream's Ghost always has loose arms. He is without a doubt the loosest I've seen of this mold. So with some heat-shrink tubing, a hobby knife, and a dab of CA glue, I've made my arms nice and tight.

First, you've got to take apart Starscream by removing the three screws. [There is] one under each chest intake engine and one on his crotch piece. Take his arms out, find some tubing [in] which the inside diameter will fit snugly the swivel joint, and the outer diameter will fit snugly the slots. You've got one slot on the back side of the chest piece, and one slot on his hip piece.

Cut a piece of heat-shrink tubing that approximately equals the length of the swivel joint ends.

Add just a tiny dab of CA glue or Krazy-Glue here, and insert tube.

Wait a few minutes or so for the CA glue to dry, and reassemble your G1 Starscream Ghost. Now Starscream has nice and tight arms.
Attached Thumbnails
Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms-dsc02308.jpg   Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms-dsc02309.jpg   Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms-dsc02310.jpg   Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms-dsc02311.jpg   Fixing G1 Seekers' Loose Arms-dsc02312.jpg  

Last edited by Superquad7; 03-05-2011 at 03:47 AM..
Closed Thread