|09-06-2010, 03:54 AM||#1|
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: infront of a computer, england
Collection Count: 125 and a half, bout the half, i thought the minicon was meant to break in half
News Credits: 3
Welcome to my tutorial on making your own custom brushes. Custom brushes are useful because they make sure you donít need to re-do an effect every panel. You can download really good ones from deviant art for explosions etc but my tutorial will show you how to copy an effect and make a brush of it.
1) First off, choose a picture and download it, Iím using one of Coolhands pictures from OOTDL. Zoom in on the bit you want to copy using the zoom tool.
2) Draw around the bit you want to copy (If there is multiple parts to the brush you want, draw around the first bit) and then hit enter.
3) CTRL+C it and then go to Start>New you will be prompted for Dimensions. Now you want this as small as possible so I go for 60 Width and 50 Height.
4) Set the background layer to screen and then put opacity down to 0.
5) Create a new Layer and call it Brush
6) Paste the part of the picture you copied onto this layer. It may be too big so you may need to re-size it using the scale tool. (If you were making a brush from scratch you would make it on this layer). Now is the moment to repeat steps 2 and 6 is your brush is made of multiple parts.
7) Now go to File>Save instead of adding a .JPG suffix add a .GBR suffix. Then save it in a easy to access folder.
8) Exit Gimp and open the file location. CTRL+C the brush and then go my computer.
9) Click on Windows (C>Program Files (x86 on mine)>Gimp (2.0 on mine)>Share>gimp>2.0>Brushes and paste in the file. You will be prompted for administrator privileges, click yes.
10) Open up Gimp again.
11) Go to the brush tool.
12) Go to brushes down below the layers options. Your brush is now available to use.
Last edited by Superquad7; 10-30-2010 at 03:48 AM..
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|Full Reveals of TFSS 4.0 Toys|
|Madman Entertainment to release TFP Season Two on Blu-Ray|
|Next US Splatoon Splatfest is AUTOBOTS vs DECEPTICONS|
|Takara MP-18B Bluestreak in hand|
|Takara MP 11T Thundercracker Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|Let's See Some Cool Stuff 2015 TF Edition **Rules in First Post**|
|DMK kit question|
|Transformers Robots in Disguise 2015 Appreciation thread|
|The Generation One Toys Appreciation Thread! (Only Donuts Post Here!)|
|Are you getting Victorion?|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|Nonnef - Combiner Wars Upgrades Master Thread|
|Does anyone else NOT use 3P to fill gaps?|
|FansToys FT-08 Grinder (Masterpiece Grimlock)|
|Generations Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder|
|TransFormMission M-01 Combiner (Menasor)|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|Suggestions for Custom Weapons Sash|
|Generation Hot Rod|
|CW Convert Joint Parts|
|CW Ultra Magnus/Minimus Ambus Touch Up|
|CW Megatron Upgrades WIP (Shapeways)|