Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2008, 08:53 AM   #1
THE PAINTS MUST FLOW!!!
Collection Count: 100+
Send a message via Yahoo to anovasinn
Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)

[While] working on Grimlock [I was able to fix] that chest gap. [Below is] a pictorial "how to", in order. To do it [this] way, you have to disassemble the head and knock out the jaw pin. It is well worth it because [this modification] makes it part of the transformation rather than a removable plate.

First, trace [the] chest cavity with paper:

Next, cut pieces out of styrene. [Then] overlay parts [that] are thinner gauge[d]:

Test [the] fitted-cut styrene:

[Then, fit the] collar pieces to [the] main piece with [a] small strip of styrene, bending to match angle of collar to chest:

[Next take] the head apart to install [a] pivot bar. (Make [the] pivot bar approx 2.5mm - 2.8 mm):

Glue [the] bar to chest piece you made - be careful not to get glue on your figure!

(beast mode with new piece):

[Here is the] bot mode with new piece (also it can be laid towards the back of the head):

. . . . and viola chest gap is gone. I still need to add lower tabs and clean up the bottom edge, but hopefully you get the idea. On mine, I want the red band to go around the front of the chest. [To be more animation] correct, omit [the] large overlay piece. Also remember when looking at this, I have not sanded it or added any putty to blend it together.

[Here] is something you can do to make the pin not so loose and to keep the chest plate flush with the sides of the chest and neck. [Using] epoxy sculpt, (or any type of putty that [hardens]), [make a hole]. To make this hole, wet the post and stick it in the putty before it cures, then level the top off. After the putty cures, [drill] out the hole with a Dremel and a drill bit. [Do] this slowly and test fit often:

Finish [the] chest plate before paint[ing]. Notice the red putty [used] to square up edges as well as the last piece of styrene on the bottom (I beveled the outside edges of the bottom strip so it would blend into figure well):

[Coat the] chest plate with [a] primer coat [first] to show [the] flaws most of this coat will be sanded away. Notice my line under [the] neck plate is off-kilter slightly, [but] it is rather minor:

Attached Thumbnails
Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02000-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01999-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02012-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01997-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01996-1-.jpg  

Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01995-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01986-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01987-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01988-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01989-1-.jpg  

Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01990-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01991-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01992-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc01993-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02015-1-.jpg  

Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02018-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02019-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02020-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02017-1-.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02021-1-.jpg  

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL>http://www.youtube.com/user/anovasinn?feature=mhw5#p/u

Last edited by Superquad7; 09-25-2010 at 04:10 AM..
Old 09-25-2010, 03:47 AM   #2
The danger.

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Post for additional photo attachments:
Attached Thumbnails
Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02012.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02013.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02004.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02005.jpg   Grimlock Chest Gap Fix (Transformable)-dsc02006.jpg  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.

Last edited by Superquad7; 09-25-2010 at 03:56 AM..
Closed Thread