Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Creating Spark Effects!

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2008, 11:19 PM   #1
mini ops caretaker
Collection Count: hmmm...i am losing count...
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to puppylove
Creating Spark Effects!

1. Find yourself a picture of sparks. I like to pick ones with the most contrast, or the easiest to erase a background for. Make sure to resize your image for a web safe size, since [it's likely that] an image you are borrowing from the internet will be lower resolution:

2. Make sure you have 'white' selected as your foreground color, and then use the "Color Range..." tool in the selection palette:

3. In the "Color Range" options window, set the Fuzziness to the maximum (at 200, in this case). Click "Ok.":

4. Once selected, pull the sparks onto your image:

5. Next, change the Layer Attributes from "Normal" to something else (I usually try "Screen" first); if that doesn't look quite right, try another one:

6. For this image, I actually put it on "Vivid Light":

7. Then, zoom in, lower the opacity (so you can see what you're doing), and then erase around the item, making the sparks (in this case, I only erased the lower part of the ax and left the rest of the sparks.):

8. Lastly, restore the opacity:

That's it!

Attached Thumbnails
-sparks-01.jpg   -sparks-02.jpg   -sparks-03.jpg   -sparks-04.jpg   -sparks-06.jpg  

-sparks-07.jpg   -sparks-08.jpg   -sparks-09.jpg   -sparks-10.jpg  

Last edited by Superquad7; 08-26-2010 at 06:21 AM..
Closed Thread