Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Generations Thrust: Wing Modification

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Or just 'A1' for short...
Collection Count: 1000+
Generations Thrust: Wing Modification

Okay . . . [I did] the wing hinge mod to mine, and post[ed] pictures here since there are obviously some problems for some people.

Pre mod shot, to show the joint in question. The red circle shows the wing joint (you can get to this joint simply by pulling the wing off, literally just pull) that's used to allow the wing to flip up for robot mode. The green circle highlights the sharp corner (note, the other side is rounded). It's this corner that we need to round down, so it matches the other side.

Post Mod shot, again, red circle is the joint we're modding. The green circle this time shows where there used to be a sharp corner, but now we've rounded it off. This lets the wing transform differently, more like G1 i believe.

Comparison shot up, on our right is the modded wing, the left is the original untouched wing. It should be noted that you can achieve the new transformation without modding the joint, but you'd have to pull the wing off and reattach it each time.

Attached Thumbnails
Generations Thrust: Wing Modification-pre-mod.jpg   Generations Thrust: Wing Modification-post-mod.jpg   Generations Thrust: Wing Modification-comparison.jpg  

^^Click to go to the A1 Kitbashing Shapeways Shop^^
Latest Release: 02-ASV "Recon" || A1 Kitbashing Facebook || TFW Thread

Last edited by Superquad7; 08-28-2010 at 01:19 AM..
Closed Thread