Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

WfC Bumblebee Leg Mod

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #1
What the what?!?!

Collection Count: 556
News Credits: 2
WfC Bumblebee Leg Mod

I really didn't like how long Bumblebee's legs were and that he was as tall as Prime, so I did a little mod to fix that.

1-Take the lower leg off. Itís a pressure joint so quite easy.
2-Remove the two screws that hold the leg together.
3-Take the slider piece out. This is what you will cut.
4-Here's a shot of both sides of the slider. The dotted line is right where you want to cut.

5-Cut the "B"!
6-The lower piece is no longer needed and even though it looks like you just cut off some crucial stuff, it still hold together just fine in vehicle mode.
7-Place the slider back in and screw the leg back together. I left the cut alone but if you want you could glue on a piece to the bottom to close off the loop. It really isn't necessary as the leg holds together very well and I haven't pulled it apart yet while transforming it.
8-Repeat steps 1-7 on the other leg. Snap the legs back on!

A happy Prime with a shorter Bumblebee.

And transformation is unharmed. The only drawback is that the back wheels can flex in and out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucs View Post
Looks pretty easy to me. I might have to try this once I get this guy in hand. Would love to see a before and after side by side but that probably won't happen.
Funny you ask, here's a "before" shot from a couple weeks ago!

Attached Thumbnails
-bbmod-013.jpg   -bbmod-fin2.jpg   -bbmod-fin.jpg   -pb-0003.jpg   -compare.jpg  

Everybody is crazy....it's only their level of sanity we need worry about.

Last edited by Superquad7; 06-29-2010 at 02:46 AM..
Closed Thread