|01-25-2009, 01:24 PM||#1|
Are ya gonna draw pistols
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Serbia...still in it
Collection Count: 126 displayed with another 15-20 in various boxes all over the room...
. . . . The mod (legs) and the scratch work (guns) were really minor, but the end result is great . . . .
Now that I think about, while the work is minor, explaining it isn't that simple.
1. Try bending Soundwave's legs back. You will see gray parts of his lower legs (at knee level) getting in the way. These need to be cut off, so do that first (disassembly required).
2. Cut 1 mm off the ridges' tip that are on both sides of both of his thighs.
3. Sand down corners at the top and back of Soundwave's lower legs on both the outer and inner side (after you cut of the gray plastic parts, assemble the legs, you will see what is getting in the way of what when you try bending the legs again).
This step will take a lot of trials to get it right, as you will need to sand down those corners incrementally, a little bit at the time, so you will need to assemble his legs to see if you got it right after some sanding.
- X-ACTO knife
- rough sand paper (P220, aluminum oxide)
- small grain sand paper for wet sanding (the one I got has P2000 and silicon carbide on it)
First sand down with the rough sand paper, and then finish with the smoother one, it will give it a nice, rather smooth surface.
Signature images are to be no larger than 40 KB in file size and should be no larger than 300 pixels in height and 500 pixels wide. Your sig was 201x358 1362.7KB - 2005 Staff
Last edited by Superquad7; 06-26-2010 at 04:10 AM..
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|TFW2005's SDCC In Hand Galleries - Devastator & More|
|Combiner Wars Legends Wave FOUR found in the UK|
|Unite Warriors Devastator - Preorders Open!|
|Masterpiece Bluestreak found at US retail|
|Combiner Wars Devastator Found at US Retail|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|My Windblade is lonely|
|The UK Toy Discussion|
|It's that time again: Price Hikes!|
|Newly released and upcoming toys: Hasbro edition|
|Post your most recent TF purchase....|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|X-Transbots MX-I Apollyon (MP Megatron)|
|Fansproject Function X6: Knight (SixKnight)|
|X-Transbots MM-VIII Arkose (Beachcomber)|
|The TFC Toys Hercules Megathread|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|Shattered Glass Masterpiece Optimus Prime|
|MORE Universe Dinobot fixes|
|CW Megatron Upgrades WIP (Shapeways)|
|MP Scaled Stormcloud|
|WIP HA Topspin|