Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

RotF Mudflap Mod

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
Decepticon
RotF Mudflap Mod

i picked up mudflap yesterday and noticed a couple of weird things about the robot mode that i really didnt like. well ill let the pictures do the talking but i have to say now that i did this i love the figure alot more and hes truely right up there with the skids figure now and slightly more movie accurate. i just wish i had confidence to try a hand at a repaint.

Attached Thumbnails
RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap1.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap2.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap3.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap3a.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap4.jpg  

RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap5.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap6.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap7.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap8.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap9.jpg  

RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap10.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap11.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflap99999.jpg   RotF Mudflap Mod-mudflapskids.jpg  

Last edited by Superquad7; 09-05-2009 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: tutorial editing
Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobotmaximus View Post
how stable is he after the mods?
well the tires grip the inside of the chest pretty good so it doesnt fall and ive always folded the backpack up like in the pic. the small peice of the roof inside when its folded like this pushes up against his back so its pretty solid. i shook him up and down a few times pretty good and it didnt move. i dont actually play with my figures though. just switch them between robot posing and vehicle modes. so for displaying its great but for playing with i really wouldnt recommend it.

Attached Thumbnails
RotF Mudflap Mod-backpack.jpg  

Last edited by ALPHAMAGNUS; 07-17-2009 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: tut cleanup
Old 06-23-2009, 05:42 PM   #3
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
I guess kind of off topic seeing as how that won't help you, you could try to
glue a piece of plastic back on where that tab was, and the pack should rest
on it, and it shouldn't affect transformation, also glue small pieces back to the
bottom of the door supports so that too will allow the pack to rest, you could
experiment with variations of that, I suppose.
yeah sounds good. i cut the tab off behind his head cuz the backpack wouldnt go as low as i wanted it to with it there. im guessing now that if glue or melt a small peice of plastic back on except alittle lower it should be pretty good. thanks man.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #4
TRUKKS are the new MUNKYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
what I did was to cut notches in the door supports instead of cutting the
whole bottom out, that lets the pack sort of snap into them, and I left on
the tab behind the head, that also holds it up, it all seems to snap together
and hold really well that way.
To clarify: in this shot (of the original), you cut a notch where the back bumper is hitting the door supports?

-XCN-
Closed Thread