Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey
by Lucs

New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
This Guy!
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Lucs Send a message via Yahoo to Lucs
New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)

Figured I post this new arm mod for Rumble/Frenzy since I've been just pumping out Alt Customs these last few days.

This one came to me after I recieved KO Alt Prowl, mainly bought for the head for Alt Ratchet and arms to use on Rumble. Problem is I have a Rumble and a Frenzy but only one set of arms. So I get to looking at my junker Skids with no arms and I take his legs apart. I also have 2 extra Jeep hands from my Inferno and Grapple customs. With a little dremeling, some glue and paint I now have a pretty nice set of removable arms for Rumble (or as I like to call the red one, Frenzy )

Here are some pics to show what I did

I had to dremel this nob down a bit on the top and around the circle to get Swindle's hands to fit

Here's the peg that held the foot on grinded down and glued to the base if the arm

I also grinded down the hole on the hand to fit the joint

one arm

two arms

oh look at this he can hold his gun, with no modification and it stays in better than most Alternators guns do

and 2 guns

easily removed

and attached to the real Rumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me
OMG i love it. articulation finally. did clay's mod had the turning articulation. i like your mod as well it has a larger frame more suitable (and cheaper than getting parts from other alts.) great job dude. keep em coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucs
Clay's mod does have turning articulation, it actually has great articulation. Only thing is it kind of gets rid of the pile drivers all together so I feel like it works better as a new character mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tript
Awesome Mod, can you post a pic of an arm attached and the pilon extended?
[quote=Lucs]Ask and you shall recieve

Attached Thumbnails
New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms012.jpg  
Transformers Legends/G.I. Joe Battleground: joelucs
G.I. Joe Battleground 76te7P
Sales Thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ml#post8938262
Feedback Thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkion-exchange-feedback/149198-lucs.html
Old 01-05-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
This Guy!
Collection Count: 300+
News Credits: 1
Send a message via AIM to Lucs Send a message via Yahoo to Lucs
Quote:
Originally Posted by seali_me View Post
OMG i love it. articulation finally. did clay's mod had the turning articulation. i like your mod as well it has a larger frame more suitable (and cheaper than getting parts from other alts.) great job dude. keep em coming.
Clay's mod does have turning articulation, it actually has great articulation. Only thing is it kind of gets rid of the pile drivers all together so I feel like it works better as a new character mod

I'm starting to wonder if I should go to my local Fry's and pick up a few more Skids. He's the only Alt still around but they are selling him for $24.99

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking View Post
Also, I forgot to comment the first time around, I like your Rumble...that blue looks good....is that Krylon or did you use something else?
No it's actually Testers Modelmaster Acrylics. I was surprised at how smoothly it can out being that I used a brush and if I remember only one coat, maybe two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaxis View Post
Those are awesome! They look like they're supposed to be there. Nice work!
Hey thanks man, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tript View Post
Awesome Mod, can you post a pic of an arm attached and the pilon extended?
Ask and you shall recieve

Transformers Legends/G.I. Joe Battleground: joelucs
G.I. Joe Battleground 76te7P
Sales Thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...ml#post8938262
Feedback Thread:http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=149198

Last edited by Superquad7; 11-06-2013 at 12:17 AM..
Old 11-06-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
Road = my dinner plate

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Post for image attachments:
Attached Thumbnails
New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblearms001.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblearms002.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms003.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms006.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms007.jpg  

New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms008.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms010.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms011.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms012.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms013.jpg  

New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms015.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms016.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms017.jpg   New Arm Modification For Alternators Rumble (From Skids Legs!)-rumblesarms021.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Closed Thread