|09-25-2007, 08:45 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2006
News Credits: 3
DIY Mold (Quick and Dirty - The Amateur Way hehe)
1. You'll need a robot head
2. Epoxy Putty like this http://www.selleys.com.au/Selleys-Kn...e/default.aspx or Tamiya etc.
3. Just cut a big piece of the putty and mix it until the color is uniform white/yellow (depends)
4. Take the head and put some liquid soap all over it
5. Press it against the putty (clay)
6. After a minute or once you feel the putty is hardening, try to pull out the head. If done correctly and patiently you'll get a mold of the head.
7. Cut another piece of the putty and mix it.
8. Take your new mold and fill it with soap again.
9. Press the new putty against the mold
10. When you feel the putty is hardening, slowly pull out the new puttty.
11. Trim excess and add/sculpt additional/new details
12. You will have a brand new head without spoiling the original
I'll try to add in more details next time Hope this would help others out there
NOTE: If your wondering why soap its to avoid the putty from sticking permanently to the original mold.
You can repeat the whole steps for the back of the head and put them together. But I normally just hand sculpt the back since I don't find it necessary specially for transformers.
Here are other heads I've done using this amateur technique
Original mold from an ALT Sideswipe
Original mold from a Galaxy Force Megatron
Original mold from a KO DeathSaurus
Original mold from ALT Smokescreen
Original mold from Robot Replica Bumblebee
|Latest News & Rumors Posts|
|TRU Listing for Masterpiece Starscream|
|Upcoming TakaraTomy Transformers on Display at Japanese Christmas Toy Trade Fair|
|TF Adventure TAV-30 Battle Grimlock (FOC Retool) In Hand Images|
|Full Reveals of TFSS 4.0 Toys|
|Takara MP 11T Thundercracker Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive|
|Latest Toy Discussion Posts|
|The -NEW- END ALL BE ALL Masterpiece Speculation Thread|
|The Masterpiece Appreciation thread|
|Beast Wars Appreciation Thread|
|The UK Toy Discussion|
|Combiner Wars Motormaster Hips|
|Latest 3rd Party Posts|
|Generations Toys-GT-01 Gravity Builder|
|So, what do you reckon is the 'definitive' 3P toy?|
|The Knock off transformers thread|
|Mastermind Creations Commotus (Turmoil)|
|E.A.V.I. METAL TRANSISTOR (KFC masterpiece scale blaster)|
|Latest Radicons Posts|
|Wheeljack g1 WST|
|G1 MP Bee|
|Combiner Wars Jazz|
|Cartoon-accurate Masterpiece Bluestreak|