Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Mini-Con
Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors

I was curious about what lurks beneath Alt Prowl's door panels, so I opened him up, and found out you can do this:

Start off by removing the doors. They pop off easy and usually not on purpose.

Remove the two screws and separate the two door panels:

The part that clips on to the hinge is held in place by two posts:

Cutting the bottom just on the white clip will allow it to pivot:

Leaving the small piece on the bottom will let it rest against the post and possibly provide more strength:

Next, trim the internal upper lip of the outer door panel. This allows the clip clearance to pivot:

The inner panel is clear plastic and brittle. Carefully cut out the inner lip here as well:

My doors were loose and required a small piece of styrene to stay in place.

To hold the doors in a vertical position with this mod, a "C" shaped piece of styrene (or other material) must be placed under the back of the clip. The styrene provides tension for the door to remain lifted:

Some hinges are different and will require a different method. I know that Optimus, Mirage, Grimlock, Hound, Skids, and Sideswipe are different.
Attached Thumbnails
Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-prowllambo.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-1a19b0458612.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-01d9e1cf8b3d.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-4a90e219dced.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-5e7298516bf1.jpg  

Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-8839c0663c6b.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-24425dab2bbf.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-52433d3a1203.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-b84c0e1eacae.jpg   Alternators Prowl's Easy Lamborghini Doors-dfea74ab2c70.jpg  

Last edited by Superquad7; 10-16-2010 at 05:26 AM..
Closed Thread