Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Removing Alternators Skids Flames

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #1
LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!
My03Tundra's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Almost all gone...
Send a message via AIM to My03Tundra Send a message via Yahoo to My03Tundra Send a message via Skype™ to My03Tundra
Removing Alternators Skids Flames

Well, I've found something that seems to work really well on removing Alternators Skids flames, but only okay on the windows.

If you can find some of the hand sanitizer stuff, you know $5 for a quart of it from Wal-Mart it is viscous enough to be manageable and can be applied and rubbed off with a q-tip.

For the windows if you apply a layer, then use the transparent vinyl film material gently placed over it you can "peel" layers off at a time. The longer the film set with the sanitizer on there, the more stuff will be removed and the harder it'll be to remove it. I'd suggest using an X-acto type knife to cut around the wiper blades and other details and create multiple peelers to clean the windows, or slowly work it with a q-tip.

Another thing with the windows, since the sanitizer material doesn't evaporate as quickly as regular alcohol is to let it sit a while. You can use a finger nail to scrape some of it off, with good results. This works for the flames too.

Once Alternators Skids is "cleaned" up, he is going to get a mild treatment (FULLY painted head, only front is painted). Pictures will come in about a month, or the anticpated project time.
Closed Thread