Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Combiner Speculation

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
SG Wrecker
Collection Count: quite a few, really do need to count
Send a message via Yahoo to SG Roadbuster
Combiner Speculation

Well it would seem that Hasbro is getting their money's worth out of the FOC Bruticus molds. Which makes me wonder if perhaps we'll be seeing another combiner in the near future? and one particular thought keeps coming to mind, it concerns the Ruination redeco of Bruticus. personally I really dig the opposite faction redeco and kinda hope Hasbro keeps the trend going with any future combiners. as such I send the following challenge out to you folks who would you redeco/retool the existing combiner teams into?

-edit:You guys have thrown out some great ideas so far the ones I like the most are-

Devastator-Build King
Scrapper-Scoop
Mixmaster-Quickmix
Longhaul-Landfill
Hook-Hightower
Bonecrusher-Wedge
Scavenger-new character maybe a femme?

Menasor-still unnamed
Motormaster-RID Ultra Magnus
Drag Strip-RID Mirage
Breakdown-Wars
Deadend-Crosswise
Wildrider-Rev

Predaking-Neo Magnaboss
Razorclaw-Lioconvoy
Rampage-Tigatron
Divebomb-Airazor
Headstrong-Rhinox
Tantrum-Longhorn

Abominus-unnamed monsterbot combiner
Hunn Gurr-Doublecross
Blot-Repugnus
Cuttroat-Sundor
Rippersnapper-Grotusque
Sinnertwin-Bantor

Piranacon as either BW2 God Neptune or in Funpub deco

Computron-Pretender combiner
Scattorshot-Bomb Burst
Strafe-Bugly
Afterburner-Iguanus
Lightspeed-Roadblock
Nosecone-Stranglehold

Defensor-Crackdown
Hotspot-Smolder
Streetwise-Barricade
Blades-Hatchet
Groove-Crowbar
First Aid-Crankcase

Superion-Skyscorcher
Silverbolt-Vanquish
Airraid-Windrazor
Fireflight-Aferburner
Slingshot-Eagle Eye
Skydive-Terradive

and that pretty much leaves Raiden, Landcross, and Liokaizer open to ideas.....
I make Youtube reviews, they are slowly getting better, please Rate, Comment, and Subscribe folks
http://www.youtube.com/user/SGRoadbu...ow=grid&view=0
SG Roadbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:19 AM   #2
Autobot
Sunstreaker92's Ebay Auctions
Depends on sales and customer insight reaction. To which we will never know. But It will depend on characters that will show up in TF4 and they do take notice of what 3rd parties are knockout. I'd guess at menasor ( as there is a race car theme in TF4) and Defensor as its not been tackled yet
PS3 Name - lockstock092
Sunstreaker92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #3
Imperial Decepticon
Collection Count: Awesome ones.
News Credits: 1
Devastator - Landfill
Menasor - Gobots combiner-team?
Predaking - Abominus(needn't be a very extensive retool)
RoccaDNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:28 AM   #4
Autobot Supersoldier
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoccaDNB View Post
Devastator - Landfill
Menasor - Gobots combiner-team Puzzler
Predaking - Abominus(needn't be a very extensive retool)
Corrected. Although technically speaking Puzzler was a 6 man team all composed of car alt-modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor_Master View Post
"Don't make me angry... you won't like me when I'm angry. My cleavage sure, but not my foot in your junk."
Thunderthruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:51 AM   #5
Madman with a Blue Box
KFGatri's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many/not enough
Raiden - Railracer. Actually Hasbro would probably just name a train gestalt Railracer in the first place.

Piranacon - King Poseidon

Monstructor - Dinoking

Menasor - Autobots from "Masquerade" done as Menasor in the colors of the corresponding Autobot - Motormaster in Optimus colors etc.
KFGatri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #6
updated homage
Send a message via MSN to Edgewise Send a message via Yahoo to Edgewise
Devastator -- Landfill, G2 Yellow or Orange, Diaclone colors, SG version

Menasor -- G2 colors or "Reverse-Masquerade" ie: make a new Autobot combiner of Optimus Prime, Mirage, Sideswipe, Jazz and Windcharger

Predaking -- Repainted in Dinobot colors or Leo Prime + Tigatron + Airazor + Rhinox + Bonecrusher/Longhorn/someone...

Piranacon -- God Neptune repaint, maybe TFCC colors

Abominus -- SG Abominus(Computron colors), or Monsterbots: Doublecross(Hun-grrr), Repugnus(Blot), Grotesque(Cutthroat), Bantor(Sinnertwin), Cybershark(Rippersnapper)

Liokaiser -- Rescue Force colors, with new colors/characters for Hellbat & Gaihawk

Monstructor -- If Abominus were made, perhaps Monstructor would be a repaint/remold of that. Otherwise: Dinoforce

Superion -- As with Menasor, G2 colors or make a combiner of Decepticons: Starscream/TC/SW/Sunstorm/Acidstorm or Overlord?(Silverbolt), Dreadwind(Skydive), Darkwing(Air Raid), Needlenose(Fireflight), Thrust(Slingshot)

Defensor -- G2 colors, Guard City(maybe not different enough), or Decepticons: Smolder(Hot Spot), Barricade(Streetwise), Roadpig(Groove), Blackout(Blades), Scalpel(First Aid)

Computron -- SG Computron(Abominus colors), or the Autobot headmasters: High-brow(Scattershot), Brainstorm(Strafe), Chromedome(Lightspeed), Hardhead(Nosecone), Cerebros(Afterburner)

Raiden -- Railracer

Landcross -- repainted as the Autobot powermasters perhaps?
Edgewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #7
Lost Light Stowaway
Collection Count: 150+
If they do, I just hope they learn from their mistakes with Bruticus. Mostly the bad arm situation.

Muh Feedbacks TF Legends: edgs3099
edgs2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #8
Squadron X Consultant
BScorpinok75's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Most Classics (CHUG) Figures That Have Retail Releases
Send a message via Yahoo to BScorpinok75
Well if they made enough combiners in scramble city style they could mix n match limbs for potential new combiners.

Also, lets say all combiners are made with the option of having two figures form the body (Devestator) or one torso member as most other combiners then there'd be alot more interchangeability.

And alot of combiners could be done as first time gobots combiners or maybe that'd be where the mixing & matching for redecoes would come in.

I like @Edgewise choices, I'd also like to see Menasor > Renegade Puzzler utilizing a proposed option of having two bots replace one as the torso, Menasor > Gaurdian Combiner with Staks as leader/torso bot, Superion > Renegade Combiner with Snoop as leader/torso bot, Predaking > BW Combiner with Stampede joining Leo Prime, Tigatron, Airazor & Rhinox and if Headmasters got a combiner redeco or retooling I'd like Cerebos as the leader/torso bot and for Highbrow to be a retooling of an existing helicopter but just my thoughts.
Sales (TFCC Rampage, TFCC Thrustinator, Universe 2.0 Powerglide, Universe 2.0 Blaster w/Renderform upgrade, Universe 2.0 Storm Cloud) | Feedback (TFW) | Feedback (Ebay) | Wants (BH Dark Steel, Marvel Deaths Head, FOC Impactor) | Which Mini TF Is Most Deserving Of An Update?
BScorpinok75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:33 PM   #9
Brony
Collection Count: A lot!
I hate to say it but I'm done with Hasbro combiners if FoC Bruticus is their idea of a good combiner. After getting bit by the 3P Combiner bug, it's hard to go back. I'd be down for any combiners Hasbro does as long as they are **NOT** Scramble City and they **DO** partsform. I think FoC Bruticus suffered tremendously for those reasons. ANY 3rd Party combiner looks lightyears better than FoC Bruticus because they partsform allowing for better proportioned limbs. Likewise, having a core bot bigger than the rest of 'em does wonders for the proportions of the combined form.

**IF** Hasbro did learn from the mistakes of FoC Bruticus and allowed for non scramble city and parts forming combiners, I'd like to see a new Seacons team, as well as new Protectobots. Hell, even another Superion would be great too.
XBL: Planck Epoch
3DS FC: 0490-6739-9433
Watch my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/Halcyon554
My Trade/Sale Feedback
PlanckEpoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:41 PM   #10
Autobot Strategist
Collection Count: Just crested 150, hope to double it soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgewise View Post
Devastator -- Landfill, G2 Yellow or Orange, Diaclone colors, SG version

Menasor -- G2 colors or "Reverse-Masquerade" ie: make a new Autobot combiner of Optimus Prime, Mirage, Sideswipe, Jazz and Windcharger

Predaking -- Repainted in Dinobot colors or Leo Prime + Tigatron + Airazor + Rhinox + Bonecrusher/Longhorn/someone...

Piranacon -- God Neptune repaint, maybe TFCC colors

Abominus -- SG Abominus(Computron colors), or Monsterbots: Doublecross(Hun-grrr), Repugnus(Blot), Grotesque(Cutthroat), Bantor(Sinnertwin), Cybershark(Rippersnapper)

Liokaiser -- Rescue Force colors, with new colors/characters for Hellbat & Gaihawk

Monstructor -- If Abominus were made, perhaps Monstructor would be a repaint/remold of that. Otherwise: Dinoforce

Superion -- As with Menasor, G2 colors or make a combiner of Decepticons: Starscream/TC/SW/Sunstorm/Acidstorm or Overlord?(Silverbolt), Dreadwind(Skydive), Darkwing(Air Raid), Needlenose(Fireflight), Thrust(Slingshot)

Defensor -- G2 colors, Guard City(maybe not different enough), or Decepticons: Smolder(Hot Spot), Barricade(Streetwise), Roadpig(Groove), Blackout(Blades), Scalpel(First Aid)

Computron -- SG Computron(Abominus colors), or the Autobot headmasters: High-brow(Scattershot), Brainstorm(Strafe), Chromedome(Lightspeed), Hardhead(Nosecone), Cerebros(Afterburner)

Raiden -- Railracer

Landcross -- repainted as the Autobot powermasters perhaps?
While I'm madly in love with the Decepticon Defensor idea, I think the Headmasters would be better suited as a repaint/remold of Bruticus. I brought it up a long time ago, and Vangelus also mentioned it in a different thread.

Onslaught-Cerebros/Fortress
Swindle-Chromedome
Blast-off-Brainstorm
Brawl-Hardhead
Vortex-Highbrow

I think this would work great, and name the combiner Fortress Maximus or Grand Maximus. Whatever. This needs done immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
I've never seen an Animated figure look good with Classics figures. The aesthetic is just too different.
G1Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote