Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

SPRINGER/SANDSTORM FINAL COMPARiSONS(g1 cartoon accuracy,decision help)

Reply Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #21
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
this springer is the sexiest toy hasbro has come out in years and the sandstorm is frickin amazing
Springer is sexy, but Sandstorm looks an orange Springer with 2 big wheels to me, I'd not get both the original and the retool of a character that was not a retool originally, unless they look as different as classics Tracks and Wheeljack, and these don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by guard convoy View Post
the digibash sandstorm is trash compared to the retools
I don't see how anyone could want that over the sandstorm we are getting
Well, see it cause I prefer the digibash over the retool, not everybody has to share your tastes and no need to call it trash.
toretilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #22
Double Agent
News Credits: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockwave9227 View Post
Classics is meant to be a line that UPDATES and MODERNIZES the casts of previous series, mainly the western G1 cartoon and the Marvel comics, as well as a few characters from the Japanese shows. If you want total cartoon accuracy, I think you should invest in the Masterpiece line.
This. And no amount of the mythical "always better" Takara paint will make either of these more G1 cartoon accurate since their bot & alt modes look NOTHING like their G1 selves to begin with.
Incepticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #23
Technobot
Collection Count: 500+
Um.. it has been mentioned neither Gen30 mold is ment resemble G1, right? They are both based on
Nicks FOC designs, which are as G1 as foc Optimus! So camparing these to that is kinda pointless...
~From the BOSOM of PRIMUS, Dreams are Transformed~
Primus_feather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Insecticon
News Credits: 2
Technically they are G1 since Roche's comics occur in a G1 universe.
PredaconElder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
Quintesson
Collection Count: A lot!
Cartoon/comic accuracy be damned, Generations Springer is just a better quality and more affordable toy. FP loses this one big time.
PowermasterJazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
Banned
Collection Count: Enough!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream Gaga View Post
Wait, so you're saying you actually think that its better to recolour an existing toy rather then to have it impressively retooled into a completely new and unique toy, just because one media looked a bit similar to it? Really?

And with Springer, sure the FP is somewhat more accurate to G1 in alt modes, but do you know why? Because the alt-modes in G! were terrible boxes with wheels/rotors with only passing resemblance to actual vehicles and FP also turns into terrible boxes with wheels/rotors and only passing resemblance to actual vehicles. Generations Springer wonderfully turns into three modes that all actually look like what they're supposed to be, not to mention that the robot mode is completely accurate to LSOTW Springer, while the FP just has a resemblance to the G1 Springer. Looking at them all side by side, I don't see how you can say that the Generations doesn't look the best and how anyone could recommend getting the FP over it.
......and yet the day TT announce a masterpiece springer that has exactly the same alt modes which would be terrible boxes with wheels/rotors with only passing resemblance to actual vehicles, Starscream Gaga would place a pre-order just like he/she has done with the last 5 or 6 masterpieces released!

Good thread!
darkunor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #27
Lost Light
Collection Count: 390
Send a message via MSN to General Magnus
If anything Sandstorm just proves there is no way Hasbro can please this self entitled fandom.

Also G1 Springer is/was trash. Come at me fanboys.
Quote:
"How could I not have seen it? Michael Bay is just like Maximus, giving us all the explosions, T&A, guns, and fast cars we wanted, but in a horrible way, and then spitting on us. And it's all in an attempt to make us look at ourselves and examine what we've become! He's a genius!"- SMOG
General Magnus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:52 PM   #28
Not good at archery.
Collection Count: 1—Ah ah ah! 2—Ah ah ah!....
Pfft...Sandstorm is kibbly? The second he comes to consumers, somebody's gonna either find out the pictures have him mistransformed or fanmode the crap out of that backpack.

Personally, you should not have used one reference material (the G1 cartoon). Yeah, you mentioned you don't read the comics, but there a lot of source material to go around, such as TFWiki, for example (not wikia, it's wiki).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Securis View Post
Ummm.. What's with the pointy elf boots?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smkspy View Post
Because Grimlock is a Night Elf Mohawk.
AAarcher221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #29
The return of sunspot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Magnus View Post
If anything Sandstorm just proves there is no way Hasbro can please this self entitled fandom.

Also G1 Springer is/was trash. Come at me fanboys.
I got's your back lad.
Personal Digibash Thread
Latest: Generations G2 Gobots?
MrSoundmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:45 PM   #30
Paid you a visit
News Credits: 4
If you're going for G1 accuracy, then I'd say Generations Sandstorm's robot mode wins.
However, I'm not going for G1 accuracy, therefore, Generations Springer and Sandstorm > everything.
Sandstorm's VTOL mode is just so frickin' awesome.
Prime Jetscream is offline   Reply With Quote