Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

I'm loving 2013

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Enough to make you jelous
News Credits: 1
I'm loving 2013

WARNING: contains personal opinions, if you are easily offended then please stop reading

I may have very specific tastes, but 2012 was a pretty shitty year when it comes to transformers in my opinion.

Prime was a decent show, but wasn't too fond of the design choices (Anyone else think they have a similar aesthetics to that of Supreme cheetor?) and no toy felt like I really had to have it.

Kreo and Botshots had zero appeal to me, and new releases didn't really register on my radar.

TFCC had 2 solid releases in Runamuch and Runabout;
  • It cost me 2 subscriptions
  • Took me about 4h to order off the broken website
  • I didn't get the membership discount
  • My credit card details was stolen and someone bought autoparts in wyoming on my credit card
  • I had to sign up for a new credit card and go a full week without a credit card
...but I got them.

The rest of the TFCC toys like the botcon set well...how to put it...it felt like it held the same standard and quality as that of the TFCC website.

The FoC stuff was a swing and a miss as well, the toys was blasted for size and quality and much like Prime I didn't feel I wanted anything from the toyline.

Takara shone bright releasing some amazing encore toys and MPs, but I was a bit disapointed in the old repainted molds from other series that was released as United.

Third parties was what kept the flame burning with several amazing releases, like Ratchet, Ironhide, Photron...and of course the awesomeness that is Hercules topping the list of what now felt like a whole new level of 3p toys.

That was then...now, it's 2013 and I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

We have almost as many MP releases scheduled for this year as we've gotten the last 10

We are getting a real generations toyline again (by that I mean they look G1), with what many speculate will fill some of the gaps of our classics collections (trailbreaker/cutter, I've got a feeling you're in there)

The Encore series has picked up momentum, in a BIG way: Fortress Maximus - I am very optimistic about the future for encore toys. I don't like to speculate, but if the big guy sells well...man, we could be in for some amazing releases.

TFCC is stepping up to th...erm...ok, you need one exception to every rule I suppose.

Third party companies are raising the bar yet another notch by releasing 2 predakings, a Superion, a Menasor, several headmasters, Six shot, a tripple changer, topspin, twin twist, etc, etc, etc - the list just goes on and on and every new figure is looking even more amazing than the last.

With all of this pure awesomeness for someone of my tastes this is looking to be an absolutely amazing year - it has allready surpassed 2012 in my mind...and it's only January!!!
Grandum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
The Almost-Completionist
orangeitis's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 500+, including Minicons
Send a message via Yahoo to orangeitis
If anyone's offended by personal opinions on what little plastic robots another prefers, they probably shouldn't even be here in the first place.

And yes, 2013 is awesome so far. I can't wait for that next toyfair!
orangeitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Lost Light Stowaway
Collection Count: 150+
I have to agree here. 2013 is shaping up to be pretty dang spectacular.

2013 looks also to bring some very good Transformers comics, which I am pretty happy about.

Muh Feedbacks TF Legends: edgs3099
edgs2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #4
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: fuck ton
News Credits: 2
i should get a job
-3 R.I.P. my angels.
Atomatron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
I wind sounds!
I'm inclined to agree.

Prime was... a disappointment. I don't think any non-Cyberverse Prime figures I have so far will really have a spot in my collection, long-term. With a possible exception of TC Cliffjumper. Oh, and Vehicon. And a couple of the Microns (The Darkness Calibur, specifically).

Kreo has zero appeal to me, but Kreons do. The focus on them was nice. Bot Shots are kinda fun, too.

MP Prime and TC were amazing. I'm so happy about that.

FoC: Crap. The Combaticons were mediocre to awful, Jazz is the single most pointless figure I've ever seen, and Prime and Shockwave were made redundant by their own repaints (which didn't really come out in 2012).

Really, the shining line for me was GDO. All the Voyagers appealed to me, Powerdive was my TF of the year, the Deluxes were solid (... except for Swerve), the Scouts were great (though I would've swapped Sandstorm for Rumble, and probably Brawl for Frenzy), and the Legends were GREAT.

2013? Well, it begins with MP Soundwave. Therefore I am happy.
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Mostly Harmless
Unlike other years, we have a lot of cool stuff announced right off the bat. There's at least something to please any subgroup of fans this year, be it from Hasbro, Takara or 3P. They'll still complain and moan constantly, of course, but there's plenty of good things ahead.
Gilgamesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #7
Proud new dad!!
Collection Count: 2,250
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to Grimlock_13 Send a message via MSN to Grimlock_13 Send a message via Yahoo to Grimlock_13
The MP line is definitely worth getting excited about. However until I see pictures of this supposed return to realism-based vehicles for Generations I'm not getting excited. The 40 releases are quickly getting chisled down by FoC stuff I couldn't care less about for the most part. I'm definitely excited about upcoming third party items though.
www.facebook.com/SlowRicky
Check out Grimlock_13's Attempt at Funnies if you dare! (CONCLUDED 11/22/13 with Comic 1,300!!!)
Grimlock_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #8
Herald of Unicron
Collection Count: Enough to make you jelous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock_13 View Post
The MP line is definitely worth getting excited about. However until I see pictures of this supposed return to realism-based vehicles for Generations I'm not getting excited. The 40 releases are quickly getting chisled down by FoC stuff I couldn't care less about for the most part. I'm definitely excited about upcoming third party items though.
I aim to please: New Generations G1 Optimus Prime Teaser - Transformers News - TFW2005

A lot of people seems to have missed this article, and whilst it doesn't reveal much, it does seem promising.

A lot of people think that FoC are part of the generations for 2013, me I'm carefully optimistic about the prime in this pic heralding in the 40 generations toys that we were waiting for for 2013 (I mean, if FoC was counted as Generations in Hasbros eyes, then why not mention that Generations toys were going to be released in 2012, but that we had to wait until 2013?)

I guess we don't know for sure yet, but I am optimistic.
Grandum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
Banned
News Credits: 12
I guess that the announced FOC Springer and Astrotrain will be in the Generations line.

Hasbro said that they have something in stored for the IDW fans and with the Prime teaser picture looking like the IDW Prime design, the fact that the RID comic uses WFC/FOC character designs so the toys can double as the game and comic designs I think that chanses are Generations will mostly be earth + cybertornian vehicle forms.
Yggdrasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:38 PM   #10
Aerialbot
Molina00's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 166
BBTS catagorizes FoC figures as Generations, and it says Generations on the packaging. My guess is that FoC is part of Generations.

I just started collecting TF's last year, so to me 2012 was a pretty good year. I am excited about 2013 too, mainly because of the upcoming Beast Hunters and FoC releases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock1972 View Post
I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetbolt View Post
"Got a problem? Can't a winged, transforming, eagle and bear fuzor walk in public without getting looks?"
Molina00 is offline   Reply With Quote