Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Tfsource Sucks!!!

Closed Thread Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #91
Omnibot
uh, steps to take here

1. Call Paypal
2. if paypal says the money went back to tfsource, email them or get a number to call and explain what paypal said and tell them you can prove who you are. They wouldnt want to send to another paypal address because it looks like fraud. Ask them to make store credit for your account. This is probably the only thing they will be ok with doing.

3. You shouldnt of asked for your money back with you canceling the paypal account. Its pretty clear that this was what would happen.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #92
Terrorcon
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard77 View Post
Well, from what I understand from his ramblings is:

- He bought 2 items
- Cancelled 1 item
- Instead of cancelling 1 item, they cancelled his whole order

So that is the problem here. Not the cancelling of 1 order.

And what exactly wrong with canceling a preorder if the site has no rules against it?
Pretty sure he made two orders months apart then attempted to cancel one and instead had the other cancelled.

Assuming he included the correct invoice number as he said he did, it simply comes down to someone working for TFSource making a mistake. A non active/accessible paypal account and poor use of the English language has clearly made it more difficult for everyone involved and upsetting for the OP.

So yeah I kind of feel the level of bashing here is a little excessive.
My Feedback For sale
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/bogatan
Old 01-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #93
Prototype Black
Satomiblood's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Eleventy Billion
Quote:
While I do agree with you, I am happy that this dude is having this issue.

Why? Because, while you don't need to have perfect grammar in this world to get by, his grammar is F-. You need to read and reread his sentence 3 or 4 times before you even understand what he is trying to say. If English is his first language then this is an epic fail.

By learning to communicate properly, he can learn how to resolve his issue. Why should TFSource be able to understand what the hell he posted. I was almost getting a headache trying to understand what he wrote. So if he learns how to communicate properly, and has b- grammar, then he will be able to fix his issues in the future.
With written correspondence, especially when it pertains to customer service matters, there needs to be some form of accountability on how the consumer chooses to express his or her grievances to the seller/business.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #94
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Collection Count: OF BODIES? I destroy ALL who oppose me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogatan View Post
Pretty sure he made two orders months apart then attempted to cancel one and instead had the other cancelled.

Assuming he included the correct invoice number as he said he did, it simply comes down to someone working for TFSource making a mistake. A non active/accessible paypal account and poor use of the English language has clearly made it more difficult for everyone involved and upsetting for the OP.
Well, I wonder if TFSource made a mistake, or if it was communicated in such a fashion that it was extremely confusing for them.

At the least, TFSource should have asked multiple questions to find out what the OP was trying to do.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #95
Constructicon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo Prime View Post
"thanks for the grammar lesson guys, I'll do better next time" said no one ever.
Actually, I'm yet to encounter a non-native English speaker in real life who didn't actively encourage me to help them improve their English grammar. English is a stupid, unnecessarily nonsensical language.

I've encountered plenty of people who respond in a hostile fashion online, mind you, but that's in no way limited to grammatical matters. Many people are just more hostile online!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:43 PM   #96
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebramatt View Post
Actually, I'm yet to encounter a non-native English speaker in real life who didn't actively encourage me to help them improve their English grammar. English is a stupid, unnecessarily nonsensical language.

I've encountered plenty of people who respond in a hostile fashion online, mind you, but that's in no way limited to grammatical matters. Many people are just more hostile online!
Do we know if the OP is a non-native English speaker?
Old 01-10-2013, 01:52 PM   #97
Terrorcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by autobotsrollout View Post
3. You shouldnt of asked for your money back with you canceling the paypal account. Its pretty clear that this was what would happen.
The item he wanted to cancel was paid with the new account. If TFSource cancel the right item the money does not go in to the old account.

Quote:
Well, I wonder if TFSource made a mistake, or if it was communicated in such a fashion that it was extremely confusing for them.

At the least, TFSource should have asked multiple questions to find out what the OP was trying to do.
Agreed, but as the OP has said he did state which order to cancel, without evidence to the contrary, I'm just assuming this is true.

Without having seen the email correspondence non of us can know exactly what happened but IF as he has said he did anywhere in the email he has put the reference number/ invoice number or whatever is required for the second item then TFSource screwed up, however unclear the email its still a screw up.
My Feedback For sale
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/bogatan
Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #98
Constructicon
Quote:
Do we know if the OP is a non-native English speaker?
We do not!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:05 PM   #99
Your mom says hi.
Collection Count: More than one, less than a million
News Credits: 1
It's the season for Grammar Nazis, I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by transformers32 View Post
Just use a period a couple times and everything will be ok...
* a couple of times...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikgnat View Post
Cancel. Its spelled C.A.N.C.E.L. Two 'C's. Not wanting to be a bastard or anything but OP posts aren't clear and I'm guessing thats part if not most of the problem.

I also have a bit of a problem when people have a dispute with a vendor and the boards are their first port of call. Its as if they think that if the problem is aired in public suddenly that will force the vendor to capitulate.
*that's
*It's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBliss View Post
. = this is a period. Used to mark the end of a sentence
I think perhaps you should take your own advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot View Post
I know it's tempting to make fun of someone who struggles to communicate, but we're all adults here, right? Just be grateful you don't have the same problem.
At last, sanity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave3k View Post
If I want to communicate someone I consider it my responsibility to make sure I do so in a clear and coherent manner... I would still guess that the majority of the fault lies with the original poster.
* If I want to communicate with someone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikgnat View Post
Me neither. It feels like one of those stories people say to prove how nice they are.

Couple this with an overly belligerant tone against an online vendor, and the add that what Omnius said about Paypal not usually closing accounts and suddenly things really don't add up.

Crappy punctuation and spelling is kinda like the icing on the cake.
* belligerent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo Prime View Post
"thanks for the grammar lesson guys, I'll do better next time" said no one ever. You're not helping.
Another voice of sanity in a sea of hypocrisy!

Quote:
While I do agree with you, I am happy that this dude is having this issue.

Why? Because, while you don't need to have perfect grammar in this world to get by, his grammar is F-. You need to read and reread his sentence 3 or 4 times before you even understand what he is trying to say. If English is his first language then this is an epic fail.

By learning to communicate properly, he can learn how to resolve his issue. Why should TFSource be able to understand what the hell he posted. I was almost getting a headache trying to understand what he wrote. So if he learns how to communicate properly, and has b- grammar, then he will be able to fix his issues in the future.
Hold on... you're saying that you're actually happy that this poster is having problems, simply because of his poor grammar? That's so mean! What if he's dyslexic, or autistic? Would you still be happy then?

What if you were on holiday in (for example) Kenya, and were the victim of a crime? Would it be your own fault for not learning the local tribal languages?

The mind boggles!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #100
Kaon Gladiator Champion
Quote:
Originally Posted by starfish View Post
Hold on... you're saying that you're actually happy that this poster is having problems, simply because of his poor grammar? That's so mean! What if he's dyslexic, or autistic? Would you still be happy then?

What if you were on holiday in (for example) Kenya, and were the victim of a crime? Would it be your own fault for not learning the local tribal languages?

The mind boggles!
OK, so let's break this down:

1- If he is autistic or dyslexic, then I am not happy. But he still needs to find ways to communicate properly to get his issues fixed. So if that means asking some one else for help to get his thoughts out, then he needs to learn how to do that. This will help him long term in life. I will be happy with him learning this lesson.

2- If he is from Kenya, and used an online translator. I would feel bad for him. But yet again, if he had someone that could help him with English, then it would help him resolve this issue. Also, again, this is something that helps him learn a life lesson especially dealing with a US retailer.

3- If he is a US citizen, then I am thrilled he is having these issues. Why? Because this is an easy issues to resolve like many before me have said. Call Paypal and explain to them the issue. They will help you fix it. I am also really happy, because this person would have gone longer in their life not knowing that you should use proper grammar when trying to get help on an issue or on a forum. This is what life is about. Having issues, and having learning lessons from them. So I am happy for the learning lesson this user has. If he learns from it with this, then we are all better off. Especially since this is a small issue.

I bet if any form of acceptable grammar was used, this problem would have been resolved on both Paypal's and TFSource's end. Of course, I can not be certain of this, since we don't have any written evidence of what he wrote them. However, judging from his initial post, you can see it is confusing. Taking into account he was pissed and this is a forum, I will say, he is a bit better at communicating then his post states, but by how much?

Is the mind still boggled?
Closed Thread