Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

TFW's Staff Top Toy Picks of 2012

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #61
The British Butcher
Feel the Fury of the British Butcher!

Collection Count: And Encore Maximus completes G1
News Credits: 3
Send a message via AIM to Sol Fury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirus View Post
I think Biggs has a really interesting thesis, and I'll eagerly await to see how it pans out, as far as future engineering and all that. But, there isn't anything inherently wrong with picking an MP as figure of the year. The admins also aren't "elites," just folks with opinions like us. This thread is for fun.
Precisely. This isn't the oscars or some sort of big time event (though I'm glad people care about our opinions, don't get me wrong). We're just fans sharing our opinion of what we enjoyed of the 2012 releases. Some of you questioned things like FoC Bruticus (sold as a giftset on two of his releases), FE Voyagers (grey area, but they did get a proper release again in 2012) and other stuff, but really, it's not deadly serious. We did it all for fun.

I was actually torn on my choice. For my 2012 ended with me getting a new version of one of my favourite characters... so nearly went with him. Perhaps next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Halberd
Sol Fury can be likened to a German clock. A very exact, complex, and tightly-wound precision instrument that occasionally goes cuckoo.
Sol Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #62
Technobot
JoeHavok's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many to count
I have to vote for all of the new Masterpiece releases, and a runner up to San Diego Comic Cons Fall of Cybertron Bruticus. If the retail version had more game accurate colors this would have been my top choice. I hope we see more combiners in 2013.
XBOX 360:JoeHavok
TFW 2005 Feedback for Joehavok
Ebay Feedback for JoeHavok
JoeHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:10 PM   #63
Beard On! Beardmaster!

Deefuzz's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Too many
News Credits: 3
Another thing I want to mention because some people seem to not quite get what we are doing here. These lists are based on OUR PERSONAL experiences with the brand in 2012. Meaning we weren't going to pick something for our lists that we didn't actually get.

Why wasn't Jet Vehicon on my list? Because I don't own one, so I'm not going to comment on it. Same with MP Lambor..I don't own him. MP Alert, haven't had the chance to open him up prior to making my list, so it wouldn't be fair to add him. My personal top 5 is just that: the 5 Transformers products that I liked best out of what I bought that was released this calendar year. Sorry that the standard Vehicon didn't make it, it's a fine deluxe but I prefer the other 5 I did put on my list over a troop builder with no character whatsoever.

Thanks for reading!
Deefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #64
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefuzz View Post
Another thing I want to mention because some people seem to not quite get what we are doing here. These lists are based on OUR PERSONAL experiences with the brand in 2012. Meaning we weren't going to pick something for our lists that we didn't actually get.

Why wasn't Jet Vehicon on my list? Because I don't own one, so I'm not going to comment on it. Same with MP Lambor..I don't own him. MP Alert, haven't had the chance to open him up prior to making my list, so it wouldn't be fair to add him. My personal top 5 is just that: the 5 Transformers products that I liked best out of what I bought that was released this calendar year. Sorry that the standard Vehicon didn't make it, it's a fine deluxe but I prefer the other 5 I did put on my list over a troop builder with no character whatsoever.

Thanks for reading!
Indeed. My list didn't have Masterpiece Optimus Prime on it until the day after Christmas, and I got Sideswipe after the first, so I'm not really counting him either.

Prime Optimus and Bulkhead could've made the list, but I've had them for awhile now and forgot they're just now available at TRU. I had a really good time creating this list, and narrowing down my original list from 10 or 11 to what I chose. Can't wait until next years list now, excited to see what we get in 2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic

Last edited by Lumpy; 01-09-2013 at 10:23 PM..
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:59 AM   #65
Combaticon
G1Jetfire's Ebay Auctions
Location: somewhere close to the location of Superbowls XXVI and LII
Collection Count: Shmax count=1790
News Credits: 1
Looking at invoices from 2012, I'm ashamed to see that the the only Transformers I bought were repaints. There was the Botcon Set, the extra Botcon Figures like SG Drift and SG Kick-Over and SG Optimus Prime, I also bought The reisues of Soundblaster and Twincast. I also have the TFCC Freebie Runamuck and TFCC Over-Run. The last one I received was GDO Hot Spot. Million Publishing Artfire went into my POL on Dec 26, but I am waiting for another figure to be released before shipping out the POL. I skipped the MPs because of the size reduction. Plus there were a lot of great 3rd Party figures that came out. If I had to pick a favorite it would be TFCC Runamuck and Over-Run would be second; followed by SG Kick-Over, SG Treadshot and GDO Hot Spot.

edit: I forgot the SG Junkions. Those are pretty sweet too.

The road to success is always under construction.
Junkion Exchange Feedback

Last edited by G1Jetfire; 01-10-2013 at 09:02 AM.. Reason: added note about SG Junkions.
G1Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:22 PM   #66
Taylor Swift Actionmaster

Lumpy's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 9 million cacti...
News Credits: 28
Hot Spot, Runamuck and Runabout all made my top 10 list, but didn't quite make the cut at the end of the day. They're great figures though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ORIO View Post
I love it. Can't wait to get it from Lumpy
FEEDBACK
Do you like stupid & inappropriate? Then follow me on Twitter @mrlumptastic
Lumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:08 PM   #67
Insecticon
grymg's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 83
Anyone have the link to 2011 and 2010's tfw2005 editor's picks? Clearly I have missed out by just focusing on MP's and G1's.

*edit nevermind found them!
grymg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #68
The danger.

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Quote:
Originally Posted by grymg View Post
Anyone have the link to 2011 and 2010's tfw2005 editor's picks? Clearly I have missed out by just focusing on MP's and G1's.

*edit nevermind found them!
TFW's Staff Top Toy Picks of 2012 - Transformers News - TFW2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #69
PENIS GOES WHERE?!!
Collection Count: 500+
News Credits: 2
Send a message via AIM to KA Send a message via MSN to KA
Oh wow that guy REALLY like vehicons
KA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #70
Predacons
Collection Count: possibly over 1000 figures +
Dark Energon Wheeljack (SLICER) gets the icing on the CAKE for 2012!! Incredible/ Limited/ only $15.99 price!
0ptimusMin0r is offline   Reply With Quote