Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why can't Hasbro be this honest with us?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #21
Collection Count: Lost count
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
No kidding.

Or just MattyCollector in general, really.
Yeah, Mattel should just stick to Barbie toys and Hot Wheel cars (and whatevtanking that allows for minimum retooling) and stay far, far away from collectors toys.
LigerPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 PM   #22
Quintesson
Astronopolis's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 200+
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueNomadSkies View Post
I dunno, probably something to do with the last fiscal Cliffjumper.

Seriously though, I'm pretty much done paying attention to this stuff. Toys come out, and if I like them I buy them. Anything else in regards to my personal involvement or assessment with the company just strikes me as childish at this point, and I dunno. It just seems like a waste of energy.
I feel the same way. Also that was the first Transformers related joke I actually laughed at
BIG STUPID SIGNATURE
Astronopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:39 AM   #23
Decepticon
Psycho Grimlock's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: somewhere between 12 and I don't know
Be glad you're not GI Joe fans, because if Hasbro treated Transformers like Joe, the highlight of Botcon would be a huge display of prototype figures and playsets made from existing parts that look REALLY awesome...but you're NEVER going to get them, not even from TT.

Hasbro, like all large public companies, only tries to give out information that it feels serves the interest of itself and its shareholders. "Fan loyalty" is a marketing strategy and nothing more. The second that materials accounting does a cost/benefit analysis of any projected line (often based on flawed or misleading data) and the projections don't meet their expected profit margin, it's dead, period.

While they may have "brand teams" who are legitimate fans, those folks don't call the shots and are often instructed to be intentionally dishonest to support whatever business strategy the higher-ups intend to employ, and unlike Steevy Maximus, I don't buy their story about the Dollar General GI Joe figures for one second for the simple fact that their regional distribution mirrors Hasbro's 'regular' retail channels identically.
Psycho Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #24
Banned
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Kujo View Post
You missed the ToyArk forum, which is for non-TF toylines.

This is not TF related.
that and DISNEY just bought starWars with ALOT of MONEY so i bet they took the toyline too! cause starwars wont be on Cartoonetwork anymore insead it will be on DisneyXD! dont know when it will be on the disney show! but i can see Disney buy there Marvel ToYS too and what ever disney onwns they will get it!
bumblebeeprime2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:48 AM   #25
Junior Smeghead
Collection Count: not enough :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Grimlock View Post
Be glad you're not GI Joe fans, because if Hasbro treated Transformers like Joe, the highlight of Botcon would be a huge display of prototype figures and playsets made from existing parts that look REALLY awesome...but you're NEVER going to get them, not even from TT.
Yea the other Hasbro brands have it made compared the GI Joe collectors. Hey guys look at this really cool stuff that will never ever be in your collection. Or hey remember that important character from the cartoon that showed up in several episodes, well if you can't make it to Comic Con you are out of luck because we love to make characters Comic Con exclusives not just uniform colors.
Ash from Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:47 AM   #26
Collection Count: Lost count
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Grimlock View Post

Hasbro, like all large public companies, only tries to give out information that it feels serves the interest of itself and its shareholders. "Fan loyalty" is a marketing strategy and nothing more. The second that materials accounting does a cost/benefit analysis of any projected line (often based on flawed or misleading data) and the projections don't meet their expected profit margin, it's dead, period.

While they may have "brand teams" who are legitimate fans, those folks don't call the shots and are often instructed to be intentionally dishonest to support whatever business strategy the higher-ups intend to employ, and unlike Steevy Maximus, I don't buy their story about the Dollar General GI Joe figures for one second for the simple fact that their regional distribution mirrors Hasbro's 'regular' retail channels identically.
I get what you mean but to be fair to Hasbro, IMO G.I Joe isn't as popular as it once was. I also suspect poor sales had something to do with it more than anything else. There's been a lot of products shown at toy fairs that were never released - even for Asian toy companies. For exams, Bandai had yet to release a regular version of Goku (from Dragonball Z fame) after his debut at a toyfair 3 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeeprime2 View Post
that and DISNEY just bought starWars with ALOT of MONEY so i bet they took the toyline too! cause starwars wont be on Cartoonetwork anymore insead it will be on DisneyXD! dont know when it will be on the disney show! but i can see Disney buy there Marvel ToYS too and what ever disney onwns they will get it!
I won't be surprised if Disney had a 'say' in it. I recall reading somewhere that when Disney bought over Marvel, someone mentioned that it was requested that Marvel kill off one character within a time frame (like a year or story arc).
LigerPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #27
Hasbrown'd
Boy Blunder's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: I have legitimately lost count. Over 400, I know that much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeeprime2 View Post
...except that Disney doesn't own a toy company, at least one that can compare with Hasbro's quality in the Marvel and Star Wars lines. They've said more than once that they're pretty hands-off with the properties they've bought, and there's been no evidence to the contrary.
ALWAYS buying Cyber Keys!

My Sales/Junker thread * My Wishlist (Updated!) * My Feedback
Boy Blunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:53 AM   #28
News Credits: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by INTENSS View Post
Slow down homes. I believe the entire intent of this thread is to relate it to Hasbro and their dealings with TF collectors which is cool for this forum.
I'm not a native English speaker, so I've always wondered if this is "homes," as in "homies," or "Holmes," as in like Sherlock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genetic View Post
I'm just tired of bad products and I'm not facilitating it anymore.
archieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:18 AM   #29
I give you: RoboCop 2!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
Quote:
Originally Posted by archieboy View Post
I'm not a native English speaker, so I've always wondered if this is "homes," as in "homies," or "Holmes," as in like Sherlock.
In the context, it's usage is "homies". You are also correct to use capitalization of the 'h' in the name "Holmes". I also must applaud your post there, as you managed to write effectively in English. I wished some of our native, English-speaking posters could stop being lazy and manage to do the same.

On the topic, I think Hasbro does a pretty good job communicating certain things with the fandom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #30
Brony
Collection Count: A lot!
News Credits: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LigerPrime View Post
I get what you mean but to be fair to Hasbro, IMO G.I Joe isn't as popular as it once was. I also suspect poor sales had something to do with it more than anything else. There's been a lot of products shown at toy fairs that were never released - even for Asian toy companies. For exams, Bandai had yet to release a regular version of Goku (from Dragonball Z fame) after his debut at a toyfair 3 years ago?
You can blame the GI Joe movie "Rise of Cobra" for the failure of GI Joe. As far as I am concerned, the failure of GI Joe is a Hasbro fuck up. They tried this movie push to reinvigorate it like Transformers...but Rise of Cobra was so awful that I don't think many people really bought into it. Last I heard, that was the reason why the Pursuit of Cobra subline was changed to be more like ARAH...movie stuff didn't sell, so they went back to a more classic aesthetic.

Then Renegades came out, which I thought was GREAT! What a way to sell GI Joe to a whole new audience and to push toys and see a resurgence in GI Joe...but again, Hasbro fucks it all up again. GI Joe Retaliation looks like it's going to be a decent movie, but with so much stigma from the first movie it's hard to say how well it's going to do. At least the upcoming toys look FANTASTIC. Going away from the goddamn stupid launchers and packing a lot of accessories like Pursuit of Cobra/Modern Era stuff.
XBL: Planck Epoch
3DS FC: 0490-6739-9433
Watch my reviews here! http://www.youtube.com/user/Halcyon554
My Trade/Sale Feedback
PlanckEpoch is offline   Reply With Quote