Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Why can't Hasbro be this honest with us?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2013, 06:24 PM   #11
Decepticon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotaro Kujo View Post
You missed the ToyArk forum, which is for non-TF toylines.

This is not TF related.
Slow down homes. I believe the entire intent of this thread is to relate it to Hasbro and their dealings with TF collectors which is cool for this forum.
INTENSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #12
Velvet Sanchez
News Credits: 1
Just what has Hasbro been dishonest about??

[B]TFW2005 Feedback
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #13
Airachnid's ratservant
Send a message via Skype™ to TrueNomadSkies
I dunno, probably something to do with the last fiscal Cliffjumper.

Seriously though, I'm pretty much done paying attention to this stuff. Toys come out, and if I like them I buy them. Anything else in regards to my personal involvement or assessment with the company just strikes me as childish at this point, and I dunno. It just seems like a waste of energy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x BlackMagnus x View Post
Protip: Don't want strange growths in your mouth? Don't give oral to unsavory women.
TrueNomadSkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #14
Senior Villain
It's difficult to take anything they say seriously. I'm not saying they actively lie to us. They are just really flakey.
Nightrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
Waiting for Gobot
Boy Blunder's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: Nearing the 400 mark!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellpeppers View Post
I don't think it's always a case of 'dishonesty', as much as things change: climates change, personnel changes, minds change, ideas change, preferences change...

Not everything done by a corporation is according to cold hard math. Sometimes execs- who are people too- simply have different thoughts and feelings about something between prototype and distribution.
This pretty well sums it up.
ALWAYS buying Cyber Keys!

My Sales/Junker thread * My Wishlist (Updated!) * My Feedback
Boy Blunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 PM   #16
Constructicon
News Credits: 3
I think it comes down to the fact the letter was signed by the Star Wars team. Hasbro doesn't just make a handful of products they make multitudes of products branching into things you probably didn't know about. Each of these products, I assume, has it's own team that works on it. Each with their own level of sercurity and contact with fans. And Hasbro, being a business, has to decide whether or not they can let this information out, which entirely different matter on its own. I'm sure there are things the Transformers team would want to tell us, they might even show us the entire process from drawing to being shipped out or cancelled if they could, but they can't. Not because Hasbro hates them or us, they just can't. Or they think we're a bunch of cry babies and are picking favorites. In that case they're a bunch of fucking douchebags.

My feedback: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/junkio...-mrbyatis.html
MrByatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #17
Autobot Strategist
Collection Count: Just crested 150, hope to double it soon...
I'd like to think that Hasbro's TF Team is as understanding as the SW team, but the reality of stuff like the dollar store Legends release, which included two of the remolded GDO Legends molds, not being revealed in some way or form early enough for us to do anything about it leads me to think that it's just the SW team is better at communicating. Maybe they themselves are collector nerds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Shot. View Post
I've never seen an Animated figure look good with Classics figures. The aesthetic is just too different.
G1Prowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #18
Movie Megs eats your soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1Prowl View Post
I'd like to think that Hasbro's TF Team is as understanding as the SW team, but the reality of stuff like the dollar store Legends release, which included two of the remolded GDO Legends molds, not being revealed in some way or form early enough for us to do anything about it leads me to think that it's just the SW team is better at communicating. Maybe they themselves are collector nerds
Keep in mind that stuff like the Dollar store stuff are made by a different team than the "normal" lines. IN the case of using the GDO molds, it was likely a case where those happen to be modified and Hasbro Direct just rolled with it.

Even the GI Joe team admitted they had NO idea about what Hasbro Direct had done with the "Dollar General Joes" (creating new kitbash/repainted figures instead of straight up reruns of prior figures) until well after the fact

I still view it as a situation where Hasbro is damned if they do, damned if they don't.
If they do communicate and tell us that products are cancelled/delayed due to changing market conditions, fans rage at them for "lying" and failing to deliver what they "promised".
If they don't, fans rage Hasbro doesn't communicate enough and they SHOULD be told about changing product conditions.
If anything goes wrong...blame Twin Twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock 13
I'm not going to shell out import fees just because a toy is missing a blob of paint on its ass.
Steevy Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #19
Collection Count: Lost count
IMO this may be a situation which is beyond Hasbro's control. If you want an example of a company blatantly screwing over the fans, it will be Mattel's running of the MOTU Classics line.

According to Mattel, price increases for the figures were due to production costs. That being the case, my peers and I could stomach the price hike to 'maintain' the quality of the toyline.

However, Mattel started producing the figures in black plastic and painted over the skin tones. To compound matters further, the drying process was done incorrectly, resulting in figures that were prone to chipping.

Naturally fans were complaining left-right-centre until the brand manager acknowledged the issue and decided not to use black plastics.

There are more issues that I won't bring up but IMO Hasbro are angels compared to Mattel.
LigerPrime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 PM   #20
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
Like when they couldn't find a market for the First Edition figures on the usa and told us so, but admitted that a lot of fans really wanted them and that they were still trying to get them to us again in some form, and then they totally did?

Yeah I wish they did that.
No kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LigerPrime View Post
IMO this maybe a situation which is beyond Hasbro's control. If you want an example of a company blatantly screwing over the fans, it will be Mattel's running of the MOTU Classics line.
Or just MattyCollector in general, really.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote