Stylin Online T-Shirts
 
Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

The Transformers Kabaya Kits Appreciation Thread!

Reply Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #21
Iron Ape
C.I.A.D.'s Avatar
C.I.A.D.'s Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 134
Collection Count: 57
Well, I'm finally on the Kabaya train. Ordered Fort Max from Captured Prey on Monday. Can't wait for him to arrive. Seeing these pics makes my mouth water even more!
G.I.Joe News & Discussion - HissTank.com
C.I.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #22
Banned
Stubot's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 344
Location: Scotland
Collection Count: too many to count
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
Well, I'm finally on the Kabaya train. Ordered Fort Max from Captured Prey on Monday. Can't wait for him to arrive. Seeing these pics makes my mouth water even more!
good purchase.

he's a kit build. as if you didn't already know that.

the stickers for Powerglide & Windcharger can be a pain in the arse to apply. because they're so tiny
Stubot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #23
Templar Rodimus
Aberration's Avatar
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 1,088
Collection Count: 100+
News Credits: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubot View Post
the stickers for Powerglide & Windcharger can be a pain in the arse to apply. because they're so tiny
I recommend using tweezers or a toothpick to hold the stickers while trying to position them. It gives you a little more control, and less of the sticker will be touching the tool than if it was on your finger (if that makes any sense).
Various Transfomers (several Japanese exclusives), as well as some Green Lantern and Power Rangers on sale HERE
Aberration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #24
Decepticon
ChaosLordX's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 113
Those protectobots look nice im hoping they make other combiners
ChaosLordX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #25
Drifticon
Dansproject's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,940
Location: Transformers United Kingdom
Collection Count: around 400
Really looking forward to receiving my Fort Max. I'll never have the room for a proper one, so the little chap can go with my WSTs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfdawg View Post
It took me like a solid minute of pulling to get that thing off. Sadly, I stressed the tip of the barrel of his gun trying to get it off, so there's a slight stress mark there.
Dansproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
Iron Ape
C.I.A.D.'s Avatar
C.I.A.D.'s Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 134
Collection Count: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubot View Post
good purchase.

he's a kit build. as if you didn't already know that.

the stickers for Powerglide & Windcharger can be a pain in the arse to apply. because they're so tiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
I recommend using tweezers or a toothpick to hold the stickers while trying to position them. It gives you a little more control, and less of the sticker will be touching the tool than if it was on your finger (if that makes any sense).

Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely be careful. I'm super OCD when it comes to my label placement. >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansproject View Post
Really looking forward to receiving my Fort Max. I'll never have the room for a proper one, so the little chap can go with my WSTs.
Same here. The Wife saw I had pre-ordered the other Fort Max and quickly gave me the DAFUQ look. This lil guy will be good enough for now. Plus, he looks like awesome desk kibble.
G.I.Joe News & Discussion - HissTank.com
C.I.A.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:37 AM   #27
Square One
Maz's Avatar
Maz's Ebay Auctions
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 4,147
Location: London, UK
Collection Count: 9 Joustra to go!
News Credits: 3
I hope you guys don't mind some vintage Kabaya pics?

Huffer, Windcharger and Brawn:







In the last 2 pictures you can also see the Takara Seven kits for Windcharger ("Charger") and Brawn-as-Bumblebee ("Gong"). Are the Seven kits ok for this thread? Got a few more pics I can share...

All the best
Maz
Square One Blog --- TF-1.com



TFSource Articles --- Twitter
Maz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #28
Car Robots
Powersa's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,508
Location: Texas
Collection Count: 647
News Credits: 1
Kabaya G1 Convoy w/ THS trailer

Powersa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:03 AM   #29
Protectobot
soybean56's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,256
Is Deathsaurus worth it? Looks kind of neat. Can anyone tell me how Kabaya TF kits relate to Power Rangers/Super Sentai candy toy kits?
soybean56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #30
Lost Light Stowaway
edgs2099's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,785
Location: Colorado
Collection Count: 150+
News Credits: 1
I really like Defensor, how is the plastic on these little dudes? It looks good, but they're pretty small.


Muh Feedbacks TF Legends: edgs3099
edgs2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Big Bad Toy Store