Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

Is the Fall Of Cybertron Line already finished?

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #1
Banned
Collection Count: Not Sure Lost Count
News Credits: 21

Other then the Wreckers Combiner , Legends Discs , Voyager Grimlock and Blaster what else is in the pipeline?

Takara is helping fill out a line like usual with Skywarp (I would assume Thundercracker is forthcoming) yet no announcements from Hasbro or solicitations for new Transformers other then "TFP Beast Hunters".

Also after flooding stores with Wave 1 like usual none of the figures are moving anywhere and the inclusion of Wave 1 figures in Wave 2 does not help the matter. I have only seen wave 2 a few times in store.I am worried about the Generations 2013 line even though it just got started. Just seems like a line stores have no interest in carrying other then for collectors currently.

Any Toy Shows coming up that some announcements could be made? They literally showed us nothing for Generations 2013 at NYCC.

I wonder if they plan on continuing the Generations line , but filling it with Classics style figures from here on out instead of FOC Styled figures.

I also find the amount of Repaints / Retools of upcoming figures to be a reason to be concerned. There are not many original Molds coming out in the next few months.

How many times must I buy the Bruticus Mold?
UltimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
Maximal
StrifeZ's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 300+
I'm sure there is going to be a lot more.

The line is in a weird place. PRID is wrapping up it looks like. TRU has a ton of christmas exclusives of imported releases and the First Edition line that got released as suprise, against all odds. There is simply a ton of transformers on the shelf this christmas, but they're almost all year and a half old molds.

Beast Hunters isn't expansive it seems. There is also the unannounced Leader-Sized Predaking that we've seen.

From FoC we know for sure we got Grimlock and the Bruticus repaint. I'm certain the Bruitcus repaint is happening to make the original Bruiticus economical and have five distinct figures (the economics was why the Energy Combiners had only 3 molds per combiner... 5 molds would have meant only two combiners instead of three). Beyond that... big mystery.

But they did announce early this year that 2013 would see something like 50+ Generations / FoC releases. My guess? With Transformers 4 in 2014 they changed their mind about Prime being the "10 year line" and 2013 turned out to be the unexpected bridge year to 2014's TF4 line. Like last time, this meant lots of Generations. But they had no lead in time. It would explain a lot: why PRID seems to be falling off, why Beast Hunters seems to be small, why this christmas has so many repaints / retools / rereleases and so little distinctly new, and why the big Generations releases of 2013, which a lot of people thought was FoC related, hasn't been seen yet. THey haven't been seen because aside from Grimlock and what just came out, they aren't done yet.
My Ebay Profile
My Want List
StrifeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Sorcerer
News Credits: 3
Send a message via Yahoo to Pravus Prime
If they make Kickback but not Shrapnel, I'll be mighty pissed.
Pravus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
Magnificent Pagan Beast
Collection Count: 165+
News Credits: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravus Prime View Post
If they make Kickback but not Shrapnel, I'll be mighty pissed.
I hear ya, but I need (Bomb/Hard)shell more (I really don't care if it's FoC or TFP).
Karhukjnsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #5
Furious Radio DJ
Maximo Prime's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 1300+
Send a message via Yahoo to Maximo Prime Send a message via Skype™ to Maximo Prime
Why would you force yourself to buy multiple copies of bruticus bots?
My Feedback!
Furious Radio, we play it all! Internet Radio at its most Awesome
Maximo Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #6
Lets the balls touch.
Collection Count: 944
News Credits: 5
Send a message via MSN to Motor_Master
With what Hasbro has already announced, between Beast Hunters and FOC, that should be enough releases to carry us past Toy fair, which should be sometime mid to late February. That's when we'll hear about the next wave of FOC/Beast hunters, would be my guess.

Until then, sit back and prepare for more repaints .

-Soon to be King of the Animated Road!
Sig pic by Josh - you rule dude!!!
Motor_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
Dinobot
A lot of the upcoming FoC stuff mentioned in the first post hasn't even hit U.S. retail yet and (especially combined with deluxe wave 3 stuff people are just getting) will make for a reasonably full first-quarter of 2013 at retail. That stuff will still be "new" when Toy Fair hits and shows some of the upcoming stuff.

+-MWG-+
MWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #8
The guy with 28 Sweeps
News Credits: 9
Beast Hunters is simply the rebranding of TFP... We should have a year or two of that. Generations will probably end when the next movie comes out with Beast Hunters continuing... Or whatever the next TFP subline will be. I hope they stick to the plan and keep TFP as the continuing series for the next decade.
How much am I spending this year on Transformers?
Thundershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM   #9
Banned
Collection Count: Not Sure Lost Count
News Credits: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo Prime View Post
Why would you force yourself to buy multiple copies of bruticus bots?
Because I am OCD and a Completionist.

Quitting Prime because of Beast Hunters was one of the hardest things I ever had to do.
UltimusPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:26 AM   #10
I wind sounds!
We know what the next three Deluxe and Voyager waves are going to be... the second Deluxe wave has barely hit shelves.

I don't think it's a sign that FOC is ending, just that... well, it hasn't really gotten started yet.
Looking for any version of Armada Deluxe Optimus Prime or WfC Prime, blue Armada Firebot and pretty much any BM Vehicon or Energon Terrorcon molds, or JustiToys Dinorobot or Junkion Blacksmith's Tactical Officer (or Hyper Mode). Also looking for Armada Tidal Wave's missiles. PM me if you have any spares of these please!
Soundwinder is offline   Reply With Quote