Stylin Online T-Shirts

Register Rules Be A Supporter Members List Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hobby Link Japan TFSource Big Bad Toy Store Robot Kingdom ToyArena Captured Prey

I think paint apps might be returning

Reply Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Autobot
News Credits: 1
I think paint apps might be returning

I just got my wave 3 FoC figures in today and from my casual observations, they seem to have a number more paint apps than the first FoC wave. I mean comparing Sideswipe to Jazz, Sideswipe just looks more detailed. They even painted a little silver on his arms and legs compared to Jazz. Starscream doesn't seem to be lacking any paint apps either. There isn't anything I see on him that jumps out as in need of paint.

If my observations are accurate, mayhap we are past the worst of the cut backs?
Burnout V4 - Free papercraft energon cubes made by me

Plan D Avalon- playing games and being dumb - Ode to my sister-in-law
Rexidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
Maximal
Collection Count: 100+
i have noticed this as well. defiantly seem to be slightly more paint on them or maybe just in better places?
GPTF01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
Soundwave Enthusiast
Kaiwera05's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: ~150
Dear god I hope so. Maybe the plastic quality and amount of it will be increasing soon enough. *crosses fingers*
Looking for TM2 Megatron's right leg wheel cover + missiles!
Buy from me! http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-...es-thread.html
Kaiwera05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #4
I'm an agile cat.
Collection Count: Shrek is life.
I noticed size might be increasing to. Or plastic content. Soundwave looks pretty big from what we've seen, (like old Voyager size) and Grimlock looks to be the same size or bigger. (and has his electronics built-in) And the FOC Wreckers, while based on tiny toys, have big weapons in addition to their old ones to fill out the card so to speak.

''Brevity is the soul of wit.'' - Bill Shakesguy
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #5
Autobot
Whoa, I just realized, Starscream has neither hollow arms NOR legs!
Burnout V4 - Free papercraft energon cubes made by me

Plan D Avalon- playing games and being dumb - Ode to my sister-in-law
Rexidus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
AKA Chr0nus
Collection Count: Transformers merch: ~560
News Credits: 9
Send a message via Skype™ to rattraprules98
Just look at Airraid. His entire torso is painted silver.
rattraprules98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #7
バグバイト
Collection Count: I've lost count a long time ago, but lots are in cabs now, but some are still in bins...
News Credits: 16
What I would want would be tampos instead of stickers. More metallic paint apps too!
bny888 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #8
Yeah, science!

Superquad7's Ebay Auctions
News Credits: 11
Send a message via MSN to Superquad7 Send a message via Skype™ to Superquad7
I know something's gonna haveta start giving . . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobot Burnout View Post
BEHOLD: Superquad7; friend of the community.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught24 View Post
I love it when Quaddy enters a thread like this. Cause he tells it like it is not with force, but with hilarious images and wisdom.
Superquad7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:47 AM   #9
Attack Buffalo
Collection Count: 810
News Credits: 19
So far, I see no reason to think anything has actually changed.

With wave 3 of FOC, we're dealing with a wave that's primarily remolds, with only one of them actually being a heavy remold. All remolds and accessories were most likely designed along with the original figures since we know hasbro does that now, which probably explains why everything in wave 1 was trash (well, at least in my eyes, and I own all three). We also know that hasbro budgets and distributes paint apps by wave. Only two toys in wave 3 are completely new for this wave. Think about that. Everything else in there was done in wave 1, just not released. Wave 3 was cheap as hell to produce for them, so of course they could splurge on paint.

FOC Voyager wave 1 is effectively one figure. So the size probably has a hell of a lot to do with that. Normal voyager waves are two molds these days. Not this time. One mold. That's saving them a lot of money, so they can throw more at the single mold in the wave and it's repaint. Sure, Blaster's remold was designed and budgeted with the Soundwave mold, but that's just a new head, chest plate, and gun.

The Wrecker combiner was also likely designed and budgeted into the original Bruticus, so if you're wondering why those guys were so damn hollow and flimsy feeling, there's your answer. A lot of their plastic went into second heads and big guns.

I'll start thinking things actually changed when we get a solid wave of new molds that are up to the same standards as deluxe wave 3 and voyager wave 1.
Here's a list of stuff I'm looking for!

Help keep Transformers Animated alive! Preorder Bluster & Trench today, exclusively at Planet Steel Express by clicking this banner!
Valkysas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 AM   #10
I ruined the Hall of Fame
Erector's Ebay Auctions
Collection Count: 345 and counting
News Credits: 21
Send a message via MSN to Erector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkysas View Post
So far, I see no reason to think anything has actually changed.

With wave 3 of FOC, we're dealing with a wave that's primarily remolds, with only one of them actually being a heavy remold. All remolds and accessories were most likely designed along with the original figures since we know hasbro does that now, which probably explains why everything in wave 1 was trash (well, at least in my eyes, and I own all three). We also know that hasbro budgets and distributes paint apps by wave. Only two toys in wave 3 are completely new for this wave. Think about that. Everything else in there was done in wave 1, just not released. Wave 3 was cheap as hell to produce for them, so of course they could splurge on paint.

FOC Voyager wave 1 is effectively one figure. So the size probably has a hell of a lot to do with that. Normal voyager waves are two molds these days. Not this time. One mold. That's saving them a lot of money, so they can throw more at the single mold in the wave and it's repaint. Sure, Blaster's remold was designed and budgeted with the Soundwave mold, but that's just a new head, chest plate, and gun.

The Wrecker combiner was also likely designed and budgeted into the original Bruticus, so if you're wondering why those guys were so damn hollow and flimsy feeling, there's your answer. A lot of their plastic went into second heads and big guns.

I'll start thinking things actually changed when we get a solid wave of new molds that are up to the same standards as deluxe wave 3 and voyager wave 1.

I could be wrong here - but I always assumed figures are budgeted by entire LINES, rather than waves?

Erector is offline   Reply With Quote